Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Secrets (the Chronicles) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets (the Chronicles) (840 Views)

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secrets (the Chronicles) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
This story is a work of fiction but it carries a strong message about the things that happens in the world currently. Give this story a try and get addicted.

Chapter 1 episode 1

The Dobo state highway: a place for creepy sounds and tall trees with grotesque laid smoothly on the road leading to the northeastern part of the big country of Aldaba.
It was already getting late already and the only bus plying the road was transporting a group of friends that had successfully escaped some armed men that had tried to rob them. Most of them contributed immensely to a beautiful song that tranquilized the environment in the bus and they were rejoicing for they knew that if not for the intervention of some kind of alien friends as they thought that they would have been dead by now. The bus throttled with full speed and the shouts were getting thinner and fading away slowly until everyone except the driver and a boy who looked much younger than the rest drifted away.

The driver: an old but strong man who should be in his 70's looked through the rear-view mirror to determine the cause of the silence and His eyes crossed that of the boy.
"you are still awake Andrew?, he asked.
"Yes", Andrew answered almost yelling at him. Seeing the sudden change in the driver's facial expression he cowered saying, 'i am sorry'.
"Come over here boy, I can see how tensed you are." the old man beckoned.
He shrugged. "I'm fine here, thank you."
The old man smiled refocusing his attention on the road.
Andrew looked out through the window trying to catch his fun since his android phone's battery had died about ten minutes ago. What sort of long journey is this? He had thought at that moment.
All of a sudden a big tree fell across the road and the driver tried stopping the car but it tumbled instead crashing itself. The last thing Andrew remembered before he fell unconscious was noticing the driver mysteriously vanishing into the thin air as the bus lost control.

"Tony I don't know what to do right now- I really don't know at all. I've been trying my best to make Sandra understand what really happened last friday but she has refused to believe me. The worst part of it is that she has even refused to hear me out. Oh! boy i'm really fed up with all her attitudes. I think she is really cheating on me- somehow she is. I can feel it in my gut." James vented to his friend. Tony shifted uneasily. He listened to his friend pour out his heart to him. James was such a good person, almost perfect. He thought.
"What makes you say so?", Tony asked.
James shook his head a bit. He had never been this sad and angry before in his life. Since he was an easy going person he never had thought that anything could make him regret any of his actions but look at him now, he had been thinking about last friday night's experience and the more he thought about it the more confusing it becomes.
"Look Tony- I don't know at all. I just have the intuition that she might be cheating on me and so she wants me to break the relationship by myself. You know already how close my family and theirs are. I'm very very confused right now.' He paused like he was forced to do so before standing. "Good night bro, see you tomorrow." he said before leaving.
"Yeah goodnight too." Tony chirped. He felt a sudden relieve as he watched his friend leave the bar; If he had taken another bottle or two he would have become drunk.
When James got home, the entire neighbourhood had become like a graveyard. The only lights he could see around was that of the streetlights. Everyone seemed to have slept but something was unusual as he drove into his premise in his white lexus 300. When he parked at the garage and alighted, he felt a sudden buzz behind him but he remained unperturbed. He scanned the environment for any uncalled-for movement but nothing at all. Then he made for his front door.
"What the fuc..." he almost screamed. The sight of what he saw had roiled him the more. His top security had been hacked; his house had been broken into.
"This shouldn't be... no no no- not again! It shouldn't be."
James rushed into the house with a red hot eyes. He was ready to butcher anyone he found in his apartment but nothing- he found no one in his house. Then he turned on the lights, looking around his two bedroom flat but everything was intact except for a box belonging to his younger brother. He carefully examined everywhere but still nothing was out of place.
James frisked his pocket and brought out his phone. He dialed Tony's number but it wasn't going through. In the midst of his confusion he found himself grinning. His money and jewellery were intact and he wondered what kind of burglar would break into someone's house to steal only a box- a worthless box as he thought.
Shortly, he was set to sleep and so he closed his door using only a table. He was taking a big risk yet he managed, planning to replace the lock the following day.
Barely three hours after he had drifted. He felt something ice cold and sticky grab his legs. He fought with the being and managed to free himself. Switching on the bedside lamp, he almost shed his skin in fear at the sight of what stood at the end of the bed: A human-like creature with white sticky substances and red blazing eyes. The creature appeared to be smirking at him.
It started approaching him.
James could see that it was floating on the air. All of a sudden something fell on the bed. It was shiny but he didn't care much about what it was. He quickly picked it up throwing it at the creature. It shrieked away in pain vanishing into the thin air.
"Oh My God! What was that?" he thought out loud.
"That was Baza", he heard a feminine voice say.
He turned around but he saw no one but a shadow was cast on the wall of his room.
"Jesus Christ", he managed to shout before running out of the house picking his car keys. He was so terrified and so he hopped into his car. He turned the engine on reversing the car and drove away creating a screech with his tires.

Shortly, he arrived at Tony's house. He knocked on the door but no reply. He ran out of patience and began to bang on the door. After a while Tony came out sweating profusely. He was on shorts. His chest heaved and one could easily say that he was in an exercise session or doing a kind of hard work.
But who would be doing that at an odd hour like this.
James pushed him aside locking the door by himself.
"What's up bro?" Tony asked. It was obvious that he was shocked seeing his friend now.
"There is something- I think it's after me", Jame was saying. There was panic written all over his face.
"Something like what?" Tony asked. His right hand was at akimbo and the other held him supported against the wall.
"It's a monster- it held me."
He rushed dragging a table to hold the door. He shut down all the windows and the drapes he could see. "We need to stay secured. I think It must have entered my house because I left the door opened."
"Calm down bro. It wouldn’t come here at all. Calm down." Tony assured him.
Tony let a faint smile curl up his lips. He tried to act calm.
At that moment there were series of bang on the door. It terrified James. He quickly turned around to see that same shiny block on the ground. This time it was two.
"Take this", James said handing a block over to Tony. His hands was shaking furiously.
"Any idea what that is?"
"No. Yes. We talk about it later."
Tony and James were set to use the stone against whatever was banging on his door.
Suddenly, the windows glasses began to shatter. Something was breaking in.
"This way", James yelled throwing the stone at the creature. It vanished immediately and the banging on the door stopped.
Both of them were still in shock before they heard sirens. Someone must have called the cops on their behalf. They were relieved when two police cars pulled over and some policemen came in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets (the Chronicles) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
Please Guys you all should Read, like and comment as i will drop updates frequently.

It gives me motivation when i read comments both from critics.
Thank you all

Larrysun, ikombe, wizsolzy, seun, lalasticlala and the other big guys in the house, you all should come and read this story.
Re: Secrets (the Chronicles) by TheHistorian(m): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
*takes a seat.
Re: Secrets (the Chronicles) by favch(f): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2017
Walks into the thread, takes a seat at the front with my sandwich and yoghurt
and just observing CU's it seems the story is gonna b interesting
Ride on,feeling d story
Re: Secrets (the Chronicles) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2017
Chapter 1 episode 2

"Wake! Wake!", a pretty lady dressed in a blue shirt and black trousers softly said to James before leaning down to tap him gently.
He stirred.
"Good morning James", she greeted.
He opened his eyes and rubbed them with the back of his hand. He quickly frowned dismissing the little smile that was building up on his lips.
"Morning", he responded.
She slowly sat on the bed beside him; her face looked beaten. "Look James I realize that you are still angry with me but I", she was saying.
"I really don't want to talk about this now. Right now I have more pressing issues to focus on", he interrupted her.
"Sandra would you be kind enough to leave my house", he said almost raising his voice.
Sandra stood with her hand akimbo.
"This is Tony's house remember?"
James must have forgotten about that. He bit his lower lip before letting them curl to a smile.
"I hope you know that Tony is my best friend? At least I have some rights here."
"Well I came to check on you. I have been calling your line but you wouldn’t pick up. I had to call Tony and he told me that you are in his house. He also told me what happened."
"I see", James said. "What says the time now?" he asked.
"11:58am", she answered after checking her wrist watch.
"Good. I better be going already."
James picked up his car keys walking out of the room.
"James wait", she said walking closer to him. She hugged him tightly before placing a kiss on his cheek.
James wasn't expecting this at all. He had been angry at her but it seemed to have melted away. He wouldn't want to play cheap and so he pulled away from her.
"Gentle there tiger", they heard someone say and they turned around.
Tony was standing at the door with his hands crossed over his chest.
"Good morning", James said walking pass him.
"Good morning too", Tony answered.
"I better go fix my door before thieves would find a convenient place to steal from", he said before leaving the house.
"Okay bro. Talk to you later." Tony responded. He smiled faintly at him before making mockery faces.
Immediately James was out of earshot, they heard his car's engine revive. Soon he reversed the car before driving away.
Sandra threw herself to Tony Inhaling his sweet scent. she began to speak: "I really missed you so much. I guess that idiot fell for that little trick of mine."
Tony chuckled. "You really acted well. Did you see how he chickened out? He is such a big fool."
"He is a big fool sweetheart." she kissed him on the lips.
"I will probably be here tonight to finish last night's unfinished business." she said breaking the kiss and leaving too.

The dark room smelled so badly. Only a small streak of light penetrated into there.
Andrew had woken up about five minutes earlier. His mind was still confused in differentiating between reality and imagination. But now his mind was back and he felt pains all over his body.
"Where the hell is this place?!" he asked almost screaming.
He couldn’t see anything at all except for the lights and so he carefully followed it. He tried peeping through a crack and he saw someone. It was a woman. Her hair was greying and so only a few strands were dark. It was tied in a ponytail. Her short yellow gown was lightly stained with blood. Andrew could see her tying an apron. When she was done she opened a chest bringing a large stack of meat before placing them on the table. She began slicing the meat into smaller pieces. When she was done she put them into a pot and placed it on the fire. Andrew remained his eyes fixed on her before she added some seasonings into the pot and went out of the kitchen.
Andrew began studying the few spots he could see. He could see a lot of drawings on the wall. He started hearing faint sniffs and it kept growing louder. He knew that whatever was making that sound was coming closer to where he was. He peered but he didn’t see what it was. He kept on peering before he heard a loud growl before him. It was a dog-like creature.
"Oh! my God", he almost screamed as he withdrew.
The animal was still there growling. It began hitting itself on the door to break it.

"Brady come over here", he heard someone instructed. The animal obeyed withdrawing from there.
Andrew became terrified the more. He tried moving away from the door before he heard the door click and at ones the door was wide open. He could see a huge muscular man approaching him as he crawled back forming a ball with himself. He was really scared.
"Come hear boy." the man ordered him as he held him by the hand dragging him out of the room.
At first Andrew was screaming, he was kicking and struggled to free himself.
"Keep quiet boy", the huge man barked and he stopped screaming but continued struggling. As he was struggling he earned a large growl as the big dog like animal trailed them. He quickly surrendered when he knew that the man wouldn't let him go. He trudged as the man dragged him uneasily through the kitchen into another large room.
Andrew could hear some people chatting and laughing as they got into another large room. An old television stood at a side of the room and large speakers were positioned beside the television. Some pictures and wallpapers were hung on the walls. Symbols and signs were drawn all around the places were no pictures and wallpapers were hung.
The people in that place quickly turned looking intensely at them. Two men and two woman were there. Andrew quickly identified the woman he had seen earlier.
"Sit down boy", the huge man ordered.
"Easy on him", the old woman said softly. She let a big smile curl up on her lips.
"He needs to eat something and also rest properly before any other thing." she said. She motioned the younger lady to come over. "Rose come take him to his room now and make him comfortable. If he tries any silly thing make sure you alert Gab to punish or feed him to Brad."
Immediately she mentioned Brad Andrew felt his stomach twist.
"Come here boy", Rose said sweetly to him.
Andrew followed her to another room. It was smaller than the others but he didn’t mind.
"This is your room. Everything you will need is here; the shower and the toilet is right behind that door. Your food will be brought in soon." She explained.
Andrew nodded. He was still confused but chose not to say anything untill he gets an explanation. He knew that pulling a fighting or trying to run would cost him his life. Brad had followed them closely.
The windows were heavily reinforced with strong bars. He didn’t know what to do so he quickly got unclad before dragging his hurting body to the bathroom. Shortly he heard a knock on the door before someone walked into the room. He hurriedly cleaned up before coming into the room.
"Here is your food boy", Rose said. She dropped the food and started walking out. Soon she halted, turning to face him and pointing over to the plates. "Oh boy! Drink that liquid first. It would help with the pain."
She left and didn’t return again until it was dark and she brought another plate of food for him.
Re: Secrets (the Chronicles) by cyndy1000(f): 10:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
Continue Dear it seems interesting following more data to your phone
Re: Secrets (the Chronicles) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
Chapter 1 episode 3

Andrew stirred as he heard a knock on the door.
"Come out boy. Its time for prayers", Rose called out.
Andrew woke completely. He rubbed his eyes and stretched himself before coming out of the room.
"Good morning", rose said immediately he opened the door.
"Good morning too", he replied.
She smiled hearing him speak. It was the first time he stoke to her.
"What’s your name?" she asked.
"Andrew", he quickly replied.
"Rose down hear fast." They heard someone shout and she took to her heels. Andrew followed her.
As they climbed down the staircase, everyone turned facing them. Their eyes were fixed towards Andrew and he almost tripped.
He could see the dog-like animal panting beside the huge guy. He realized that it wasn't a dog but a large wolf instead. The huge man had an unnatural colours on his eyes; it was yellow and red instead. A big scar was on his exposed arms. It was so big and Andrew wondered what could have caused it.
The old woman he had seen first in kitchen now had long unsual hairs and she looked younger than she appeared to be a day ago. The other men were normal just that one was putting on a dress. If not that he had seen him before he would mistake him for a female: He was so pretty.
The walls were not much different from what he had seen the other day. A bowl was in the center of the sitting room, a red liquid was in it. Andrew knew that it was blood and that its fresh. Seven Black candles were lit around it.
"Kneel here", Rose instructed. He watched the others do the same.
Soon the old woman started speaking: "Dear Leshy. The king of the forest. The controller of the animals in the wild. Come come because your servants are here. Your vessel is ready."
When she was saying those words Andrew had his eyes opened. Gab and Brad were behind him and He shivered out of fear.
Suddenly a man appeared before them. Andrew saw him immediately.
Brad cooed in front of the man.
"Well done my children", the man said.
Andrew was terrified when the man spoke. His voice sounded like that of ten men speaking together. It was more like a roar.
All of the people there raised their heads up before bowing slowly to the man. He smiled proudly as they worshipped him.
"Him!", he exclaimed pointing at Andrew. His eyes were blazing.
"Prepare him for the mission", he instructed before disappeared.
Andrew was willing to shout but his voiced seized. At that time Gab came over and knocked him out.

It has been two days since James' house was burgled. None of that creature showed up to his place. Although he had hired a personal body guard to protect him, he still felt scared during the nights. He had managed to still stay in his house because he was a man and he believed that he could outrun any evil that might befall him. After he had made a complaint to the Albada Anti-robbery and burglary commission, they convinced him to install motion detectors to alert him whenever an intruder surfaces. The motion detectors seemed to have become a waste to him since None of those beings came again.

It was some minutes past the hour of ten in the morning when his phone rang. He sprang when he saw the caller. It was from the HSEA: Highway Safety and Emergency Agency.
"Hello", he said.
"Is this Mr. James Korogua?" the person on the other side asked.
"Yes I am. How can I help you?"
"I am Juliet. Can I refer to you as Mr. James?"
"Yes you can. Go on please."
"Do you know Andrew Korogua?"
"Yes he is my brother. Why?"
"We just confirmed that he was involved in a ghastly motor accident along Dobo - Jura states highway but his body is yet to be found. We advice you come over to the HSEA regional headquarter here in Lahu city. Thank you." she completed and hung up.

James was in total shock. He was visibly shaking. His only family was involved in an accident.
"This can't be", he murmured to himself. He hurriedly picked up his phone and dialed Tony's number. When Tony had picked up he told him what had happened and they both started together to the HSEA's station.

They were driving for close to an hour and none of them had the gut to strike up a conversation. James was in a complete confusion. He didn’t know what to assume.
When they got to the station, many private cars were packed there. They alighted rushing into the building. It was a two storey building with flags around it. Flowers too were used to decorate the front. Some policemen were there heavily armed.
When they got into the hallway a lady came up to where they were.
"You must be Mr. James", the lady said as she approached them.
"Yes I am. And you must be Juliet?"
She nodded in affirmation.
They both shook hands.
"Follow me", she said. She walked them to an office were a smooth cheeked man welcomed them.
"Sit please", the man said politely.
"Thank you", Tony said.
There was a sudden silence for some seconds before the man cleared his throat.
"Juliet must have told you about the incident, right?" he asked.
"Yes she did", jame answered. His voice was shaking.
"I deeply plead that you do not act up. We had conducted series of investigations concerning the cause of the accident but nothing at all. And for Andrew we learnt that he was among the people in that bus. Every effort have been made to find him but his mysterious disappearance have still marvelled the HSEA and the police and yet our investigations proved abortive. Some bodies were recovered from the scene of the accident though while some were ghastly wounded but the Andrew's body and that of the driver were still missing. We hope you find a solace and wait for us until we recover his body dead or alive."
His lips dropped. He didn’t understand. Andrew was supposed to be in the school. How come he was involved in accident.
"How did you know that he was in that bus", he asked.
"Some survivors told us. We even made contact with the school authorities and they denied ever sending the students out. This shows that they left the school without the consent of the school authorities."
"Whoa whoa! Where did the survivors said they went to or going to?"
"They mentioned something like going out for a research and experiment at the Dobo state reserved rain forests." he paused and continued, "When was the last time you made contact with him?" the man asked him.
James bit his lips before shaking his head. He was very bitter. "I haven't seen him in eighteen months now. We had a quarrel and he wouldn't want to come home."
"Okay sir. You can go now. I think we are done with you. Your case will be transferred to the police. We fear Andrew would be declared missing."
He quickly rose storming out of that office angrily. He went down to the hallway were he sat. Tony followed him. He feigned sadness.
"Don't worry bro. The police would a nice job and they might find him somewhere. You don't need to be angry at all."
Tears dropped from his eyes as he raised his head. He had loss his entire family when he was younger. Someone had planted a bomb in their house and blew them up one evening. His parents and two sisters died in the explosion and they bodies never were found. Him and Andrew had survived. They were away from the home when the incidence happened. He was maltreated by his only uncle who later threw him and his brother out of the streets. He had managed to find a part job he took. He single handedly saw himself through school and when he graduated he mysteriously got a job as a manager in a company. Life had been so cruel to him. His only brother is no where to be found. His only family.
He went into the restroom where he broke into tears. He was really heartbroken. He didn’t treat his brother so well and now he is gone. His body wasn’t found for him to pay his last respect.
Tony seeing his friend's condition drove him home. He informed Sandra who had come over to his house.
Throughout the day James had refused to eat anything. He slept through out the rest of the day.
Re: Secrets (the Chronicles) by Lillyane(f): 5:52am On Nov 23, 2017
Interesting.......more ink to your pen.
Re: Secrets (the Chronicles) by wizsolzy(m): 6:30am On Nov 23, 2017
bonarhyme:
Please Guys you all should Read, like and comment as i will drop updates frequently.

It gives me motivation when i read comments both from critics.
Thank you all

Larrysun, ikombe, wizsolzy, seun, lalasticlala and the other big guys in the house, you all should come and read this story.

1 Like

Re: Secrets (the Chronicles) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
..... continuation

James stayed awake throughout the night like an owl. Nothing seemed right to him then.
How could his only family get missing? No way for that. He stirred on the bed as he tried to fall asleep but sleep was far away from his eyes. He felt lonely. His only friend wasn't willing to stay with him for the night. He had given him a flimsy excuse and left his house in the evening.
He checked the clock: it was only 10:00pm. He wanted the time to speed up but it seemed to take forever before a minute would pass by. He watched as the clock ticked from 10pm to 11:50pm and it seemed like ages. He had so many thoughts running in his mind by then.
At that moment when it clocked 12 midnight he felt a sudden buzz. His body felt paralyzed and he only could move his two eyes. His mouth was sealed. His heart began palpitating faster as a sizzling sensation passed through his body.
He slowly drifted. Immediately he had fallen into a deep slumber a lady appeared to him. She was at the edge of the bed weeping. Her eyes were red and swollen from too much cries. Her body was clad in a wedding gown soaked in blood and mud. She wore a wedding band with strange symbols.

"James", she called out calmly. She sounded as though she was in deep pains.
She stretched forth her hand to where James laid motionless and tapped him gently.
"Wake up. I am here. James wake up"
James opened his eyes and saw the woman. He wanted to run but his limbs failed him.
"Please don’t hurt me", he managed to say. His mouth could move now but his limbs were still paralyzed.
The woman gave him a heart melting look. Tears were begins to stream down her eyes.
"James! I cannot hurt you because i care for you than i ever did to anyone at all. I will never hurt you no matter what." she paused wiping her tears.
"Look at that clock", she instructed him pointing at the side of the wall.
"What do you see?"
James was puzzled
His head could barely move and he said slowly to her "I cannot move my head."
"Look again", she ordered. Her countenance changed immediately. The once soft eyes had turned to a blazing fire and she turned to something else before his eyes. Her hands changed and became sticky and rough. Drool like substances immediately overwhelmed her body. She had transformed from a weeping cat to a devouring tiger.
James observed in fear. The being began floating on the air and was coming towards him so he trembled.
"What do you want from me?" He said almost crying.
She stopped immediately. Turning back to the beautiful woman she was.
"I want it now. Bring me those bloods or face my wrath."

2 Likes

Re: Secrets (the Chronicles) by peterafo: 8:20am On Mar 21, 2018
nice one bro.... more ink to ur pen...pls update more

(1) (Reply)

Dinner For Two (18+) / Diana Tales Of A Mermaid / ONLINE HOOKUP (jason's Dairy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.