Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,126 members, 7,842,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? (657 Views)

Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It / was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? / What Do You Think Is Wrong With African Style Of Parenting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by destiny4luv(m): 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
Good day Nairalanders, i returned from work and met my neighbour's 7years old daughter crying profusely. I got to find out from the dad what happened, only for him to tell me that his daughter is left handed and any thing she does she only uses her left hand. To eat, write, give something to someone etc.

So for that reason the dad had to give her a deep cut in one of her left fingers and put pepper in it and tied it.

He said his reason is for his daughter to start using her right hand. He said before the hand will heal she will be getting use to the right hand by then.

I almost gave this guy a sound slap i just hold myself. What kind of thing is this? Someone is born a lefty and some Africans/Nigerians sees it as a taboo for someone to be left handed. Nairalanders how una see this matter?
Re: What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by GraveMan(m): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Using Left Hand To Give Smthn To Sum1 Is A Taboo In Yoruba Land... 100%

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by Khonifer: 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
Unfortunately, not everybody is enlightened

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by Richy4(m): 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
OP what did you do after holding your self ?... Did u abandon him there to wallow up in ignorance just to post this ?

Please tell me you did not abandon that ignorant father at the hour of his needs cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by keepingmum: 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2017
May the Gods of our land deliver us from backwardness....you see those same "upholders and defenders of awa culture" dont mind been served with left hands in restaurants, car washes, valet parking where they have paid for a service with their own cash.....same people will accept lefties in the abroad

Only a MAD man will scar his child because the child was born a leftie!!! Something thats out of the childs control....

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by destiny4luv(m): 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
Bros d thing tire me. I just take the little girl out to ease are pains. The father believes he is doing the right thing even after trying to educate him in my own way.
Richy4:
OP what did you do after holding your self ?... Did u abandon him there to wallow up in ignorance just to post this ?

Please tell me you did not abandon that ignorant father at the hour of his needs cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by destiny4luv(m): 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
GraveMan:
Using Left Hand To Give Smthn To Sum1 Is A Taboo In Yoruba Land...
100%
Bros, nor be d pikin fault say she was born left handed. U fit do ur pikin like that?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by LadySarah: 3:27am On Nov 23, 2017
Ignorance is a disease

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by Feraz(m): 11:19am On Nov 23, 2017
Don't mind them. They feel it's disrespectful to do so. That was how the daughter of a neighbor who once dropped their house keys with me refused collecting it because I gave it to her with left hand (right hand was busy then with food).

A friend once dropped all he bought after the seller refused collecting the cash simply because he offered it with left hand (as if his right hands were not filled up with what he bought)

The way left hand is discriminated against eh...as if it's tied to destroying destiny abi na because of the saying - the devil gives with right hand and collects with left hand
Re: What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by anoda(m): 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2017
WTF!!!!!!! This pure wickedness, at this age? Poo just got real
Re: What Is Wrong In Using Your Left Hand For Daily Activities? by joyndidi: 12:24am On Nov 24, 2017
hmmm nawa ooo so somebody cannot be a lefty in peace again.....me I love left handed people

(1) (Reply)

What You Should Know About Wearing Bra To Bed / Help Mi Pay My Sch Fee By Ordering For Ma Product.... / White Display Shelf For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.