Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today (1296 Views)

Pls Mathematicians In The House Should Help Me Solve This Equations... It's Urg / Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question / Mathematicians In The House. I Need Your Help On Mensuration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by massinola(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mathematicians in the house. Kindly put your brain to work a little today.

Quantitative Reasoning.

A house wife forgot her bank 'ATM PIN' which is a four digit number, but luckily she remembered some hints on how to recall this 'PIN'
Here are some of the clues
1) The 1st digit is a square of the 2nd
2) The sum of the 2nd and 3rd is 10
3) The 4th is equal to the 2nd plus 1
4) The sum of all the digits is 23

What is the ATM PIN ?
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by massinola(m): 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
Lehgo
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by ikbnice(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mathematics riddle... I know the answer but lemme no spoil the fun. Waiting for others to say something.
Her Pin goes thus
First:9
Second:3
Third:7
Fourth:4

*modified*
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by lexzycc: 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by Amibranki(f): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
Wetin She Dey Think Wey Make Her Go Forget Her Atm Password??
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by billynoni(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2017

(1) 9 is square of 3(2nd number)
(2) 3
(3) 3+x=10,which gives us 7
(4) 3+1= 4

Check, 9+3+7+4=23

Note,I'm not a mathematician just bored so i tried attempting
Oya where my prize
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by nero2face: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by ikbnice(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
billynoni:

(1) 9 is square of 3(2nd number) (2) 3 (3) 3+x=10,which gives us 7 (4) 3+1= 4
Check, 9+3+7+4=23

Note,I'm not a mathematician just bored so i tried attempting Oya where my prize
you should not have answered it quickly
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by billynoni(m): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2017
ikbnice:
ikbnice:
Hi there,welcome to planet earth where we say "hi'' or just "sup" before saying anything to a stranger and the last time i check before replying the post i didn't remember seeing any warning about not answering immediately,thanks for your time.
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by massinola(m): 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
ikbnice:
Mathematics riddle... I know the answer but lemme no spoil the fun. Waiting for others to say something.
Her Pin goes thus
First:9
Second:3
Third:7
Fourth:4
Fifth:7
Wrong as ATM pins are always 4 digits
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by billynoni(m): 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
massinola:

Imagine he missed it and still comman be telling me tales by the moonlight. Oya teacher grade my score,thanks in advance.
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by Blueeyedboi(m): 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
You generate four equations each for the unknown quantities which we name WXYZ for convenience and solve them simultaneously....from the question,
W = Xsquared..............eqn1
X + Y = 10.....................eqn2
X + 1 = Z...................... eqn3 and
W+X+Y+Z= 23..............eqn4...solving these four equations simultaneously we get
W=9 or 16
X=3 or -4
Y= 7 or 14...and
Z=4 or-3......We obtained two numbers for each variable because the first equation was quadratic...Since there are no negative numbers in ATM pins we take only the positive numbers so her pin will be 9374....
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by ikbnice(m): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
massinola:
thanks
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by Standing5(m): 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
The pin is : 9 3 7 4
If the first is a sqr of the second then the first can only be 1, 4, or 9 cos they are only sqr that's one digit.
The second digit can only be 1, 2, or 3 which is sqr root of first digits going by the options for first digit.
The third can only be 9, 8, or 7 cos when added to the second digit it gives us 10.
The fourth digit can only be 2, 3, or 4 cos it is suppose to be the second digit plus 1.
Arrange them in tabular format and quick addition reveals that the combination of 9, 3, 7 & 4 in that order is our number because it adds up to give 23.

OP should send me recharge card oh . . . Lol.
Re: Mathematicians In The House. Kindly Put Your Brain To Work A Little Today by Olafav(m): 9:05pm On Nov 22, 2017
[quote author=massinola post=62622510]Mathematicians in the house. Kindly put your brain to work a little today.

Quantitative Reasoning.

A house wife forgot her bank 'ATM PIN' which is a four digit number, but luckily she remembered some hints on how to recall this 'PIN'
Here are some of the clues
1) The 1st digit is a square of the 2nd
2) The sum of the 2nd and 3rd is 10
3) The 4th is equal to the 2nd plus 1
4) The sum of all the digits is 23

What is the ATM PIN 9374

(1) (Reply)

Is Jamb Upgrading A Scam? See What People Are Saying. / I Have Misplaced My WAEC Original Result (what Do I Do?) / Principal And Qualified Teachers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.