Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question (2831 Views)

Linear Algebra: Cayley Hamilton Theorem / Please If You Understand Linear Algebra Click Here / Mathematicians In The House. I Need Your Help On Mensuration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Sl2348: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2019
Good day Nairaland Mathematicians, Kindly proffer solution to this problem on Basis and Dimension. Picture attached:

1 Share

Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by kaycexx(m): 10:51am On Mar 09, 2019
Even vector the musician can’t even find himself, how much more me?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by AK6464(m): 11:16am On Mar 09, 2019
It's only the mattress I'm seeing

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Sl2348: 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2019
cc martinez39
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Martinez39(m): 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2019
Sl2348:
cc martinez39
Hmmmmm. I not good at linear algebra except with matrices, linear programming and systems of linear equations. I will see what I can do in my spare time. wink
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by tolugar: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2019
Done sir

How much will you pay me to post it here
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by abumeinben(m): 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2019
Sl2348:
Good day Nairaland Mathematicians, Kindly proffer solution to this problem on Basis and Dimension. Picture attached:

See as I rush enter thinking say na simultaneous equations cheesy

Op nor vex. Wetin be the question gan?

Jokes apart. If you could get us some examples.

Or would subspace mean adding all vectors or resolving them wrt a new plane?
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Sl2348: 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2019
Martinez39:
Hmmmmm. I not good at linear algebra except with matrices, linear programming and systems of linear equations. I will see what I can do in my spare time. wink
Alright boss
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Sl2348: 4:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
tolugar:
Done sir

How much will you pay me to post it here
Pls post it sir. God bless you abundantly..This is a sincere prayer from a student.
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Sl2348: 4:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
abumeinben:

See as I rush enter thinking say na simultaneous equations cheesy

Op nor vex. Wetin be the question gan?

Jokes apart. If you could get us some examples.

Or would subspace mean adding all vectors or resolving them wrt a new plane?
grin
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by rastaxarm(m): 4:48pm On Mar 09, 2019
Sl2348:

linear combination ?
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by AuntyAmope(m): 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2019
I don't even understand the question talk more of giving an answer grin
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
AuntyAmope:
I don't even understand the question talk more of giving an answer grin
let alone. I don't understand the question, let alone giving an answer.
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by KingErnesto(m): 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
This is mth210 simple 200level linear algebra
..Op go and study na...if I solve it how will u learn? Consult materials, better still download pdfs and watch YouTube videos... this is 2019
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by NNAMDIII(m): 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2019
KingErnesto:
This is mth210 simple 200level linear algebra
..Op go and study na...if I solve it how will u learn? Consult materials, better still download pdfs and watch YouTube videos... this is 2019
do you even know if he's in 200level? I'm in 200level in unn and i haven't seen that type of maths since i got admission.

Scored A's in my first and second semester maths in 100level
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by rastaxarm(m): 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
MAT213 in Unilorin. Express those vectors in column vectors and use matrix row operations on them. The non-zero row(s) transpose form basis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by KingErnesto(m): 8:35am On Mar 10, 2019
NNAMDIII:
do you even know if he's in 200level? I'm in 200level in unn and i haven't seen that type of maths since

Then your curriculum is messed up.
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by NNAMDIII(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2019
KingErnesto:

Then your curriculum is messed up.
I'm studying business management and we're not even doing maths this semester. Just statistics and a lot of accounting
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by KingErnesto(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2019
NNAMDIII:
I'm studying business management

Now you're talking. You haven't done this course because you're not in sciences or engineering...
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by NNAMDIII(m): 9:01am On Mar 10, 2019
KingErnesto:

Now you're talking. You haven't done this course because you're not in sciences or engineering...
Yeah maybe, well i thought it was the same maths
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Elphiasdoge(m): 9:50am On Mar 10, 2019
looks like Chinese to me.
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by ashawopikin(m): 10:03am On Mar 10, 2019
Even vector da viper no go fit solve this one
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Kylekent59: 10:16am On Mar 11, 2019
Back then in the university mth 201.

The question is not that easy ooo, put it in form of column, then apply guassian elimination method, then the non-zeros would be transposed.

The work here is the elimination

like R4= 2R1 + R4 to get new R4.

Keep doing that and keep getting as many zeros as possible.
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by jaybee3(m): 10:27am On Mar 11, 2019
Sl2348:

http://www.math.tamu.edu/~yvorobet/MATH304-504/Lect2-06web.pdf

Don't be lazy
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Martinez39(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2019
Sl2348:
Form a matrix whose rows are the five vectors in the question. Row reduce the matrix to one in reduced row echelon form. The nonzero rows form a basis for W.

Just a tip, If a vector space V has n dimensions and is spaned by a set S consisting of n linearly independent vectors in V, then S is a basis of V.

grin
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Trust2001(m): 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2019
I'm also offering this course MTH205. This course is all about cramming!
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Martinez39(m): 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2019
Trust2001:
I'm also offering this course MTH205. This course is all about cramming!
Get the textbook :
Elementary Linear Algebra by Ron Larson and David C. Flavo.

1 Like

Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Martinez39(m): 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
Another way is to write those spanning vectors as rows of a matrix. Reduce the matrix to row-echelon form and the non-zero rows form the basis of W.
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Trust2001(m): 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2019
Martinez39:
Get the textbook :
Elementary Linear Algebra by Ron Larson and David C. Flavo.
Thanks
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Mrshape: 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2019
Let me give it a try
Re: Mathematicians In The House, Kindly Solve This Linear Algebra Question by Benjamin702: 4:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
I will try to solve it at my leisure
In fact, in college I had problems with linear algebra, and I even used the courses https://www.distancecalculus.com/linearalgebra/ which helped me get back on track

(1) (Reply)

Benue State University Admission List For 2010/2011 Section / 4 SOLID REASONS WHY YOU MUST SCORE HIGH IN YOUR JAMB/UTME 2015 / Photo: Nigerian Kids Go To School Naked In 1952

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.