Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

For Those Who Started Business While In School - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / For Those Who Started Business While In School (1807 Views)

6 Anambra Billionaires Who Started From Onitsha And Built National Brands / I Finally Started Business After 2years Of Finishing My NYSC / Meet Mammy Ochefu The Woman Who Started Mammy Market In Soldiers Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Started Business While In School by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 23, 2017
Good Morning Nairalanders.
Am an undergraduate student in one of the public universities in Nigeria and am about starting a small business which is selling watches within the school premises, but the problem am having now is that I've brainstorm over it and there are some things that are not yet clear to me, this leads to creation of this thread to seek advice and opinions of those started their businesses while schooling.
Please I need your candid answers and opinions regarding :

1. How did you get your startup capital and how much was it?
2. Schooling and doing business, how did you cope?
3. How did you sell your wares or goods?
4. How much time did it take you to sell your goods?
5. Is it really a good idea to start a business while in school?
6. Can 10k be enough to buy watches and resell?

Need your advice and suggestions please. To the mods if you think it is frontpage worthy, then you can help me push it frontpage.

Thanks.
Re: For Those Who Started Business While In School by nnamene55(m): 10:20am On Nov 23, 2017
Excellent idea brother. firstly, consider the profit margin. To be honest, you won't gain much from selling just watches. Look for an alternative like a consumable commodity as a student. Remember some guys can use a watch for a whole year.
Re: For Those Who Started Business While In School by gametalk: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2017
I really love your courage.

ANS: You could be an affiliate, OR get goods on credit and pay later after selling.
Raise cash from Parents, uncle, friends.
Work on part time and save earnings.
BUT DO NOT BORROW TO START A BUSINESS.

ANS: Always get your priority right first. It will affect your studies but it all depends how you can cope.
University in WEST are very tedious compare to others in the other part of the country.

ANS: Study your 4 "Ws"
WHO, WHERE, HOW, WHEN (to sell)

ANS: Your nature of job and classes will determine.

ANS: YES, if you're an entrepreneur.

ANS: Yes, at least you're starting from somewhere with something.
Re: For Those Who Started Business While In School by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
nnamene55:
Excellent idea brother.
firstly, consider the profit margin.
To be honest, you won't gain much from selling just watches.
Look for an alternative like a consumable commodity as a student.
Remember some guys can use a watch for a whole year.
tnx bro
Re: For Those Who Started Business While In School by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
gametalk:
I really love your courage.

ANS: You could be an affiliate, OR get goods on credit and pay later after selling.
Raise cash from Parents, uncle, friends.
Work on part time and save earnings.
BUT DO NOT BORROW TO START A BUSINESS.

ANS: Always get your priority right first. It will affect your studies but it all depends how you can cope.
University in WEST are very tedious compare to others in the other part of the country.

ANS: Study your 4 "Ws"
WHO, WHERE, HOW, WHEN (to sell)

ANS: Your nature of job and classes will determine.

ANS: YES, if you're an entrepreneur.

ANS: Yes, at least you're starting from somewhere with something.
thanks, i really appreciate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dangote To Pay N250,000 Cash To Anyone Who Report THIS (see Phone Number) / 1000 Cartons Of Surgical Masks Needed / Meet The Sheik Who Donated “$16 Billion” In Charity To Kick Himself Out Of The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.