Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,171 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Help, What Does This Mean? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help, What Does This Mean? (1070 Views)

Guys What Does This Mean On An Iphone And How Can It Be Removed? / What Does This Mean??(see pics) / What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, What Does This Mean? by Hhenryy: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
Bought a brand new Tecno spark from 3C-HUB some few weeks ago. it has been working fine until I suddenly couldn't find my contacts. I don't know what happened, so I decided to restore from back-up, then to my greatest surprise, I started seeing strange contacts that i never saved.

What could be wrong? Could it be that someone has used it before? I don't want to believe This, because the phone was sealed, and the seal broken in my presence.

I thought 3C-HUB is a reputable seller. What could be wrong?

CC: lalasticlala
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by sureinfo: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2017
OK, what type of phone were you using b4, was it stolen, maybe someone is using your previous phone which is still registered with your Google account you are using on ur new spark, so automatically it copies his/her contacts to ur fone. When i got my spark it happened to me too and I was able to track the person who was using my old stolen phone. I don't think ur new spark was tampered with.

1 Like

Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by MarkWayne89: 10:55am On Nov 24, 2017
If you restore from backup and other contacts appear it means that your phone was used previously.

Please check if your phone is reported lost or stolen here: http://imeipro.info/

Also, I suggest you do a factory reset and restore your phone to its initial settings.
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by Hhenryy: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
sureinfo:
OK, what type of phone were you using b4, was it stolen, maybe someone is using your previous phone which is still registered with your Google account you are using on ur new spark, so automatically it copies his/her contacts to ur fone. When i got my spark it happened to me too and I was able to track the person who was using my old stolen phone. I don't think ur new spark was tampered with.

NOT stolen, actually I gave it to someone. I will try what you said. I will confront the person i gave it to.
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by Hhenryy: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
MarkWayne89:
If you restore from backup and other contacts appear it means that your phone was used previously.

Please check if your phone is reported lost or stolen here: http://imeipro.info/

Also, I suggest you do a factory reset and restore your phone to its initial settings.

How could this be possible? The phone was sealed, I tore the nylon and security seal during testing
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by abatically(m): 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hhenryy:

NOT stolen, actually I gave it to someone. I will try what you said. I will confront the person i gave it to.

That lies the problem. U have ur previous phone to someone which still had ur Google acct so any contact that person saved would be on ur Google acct. When I restore on ur need phone it will bring all contacts including the person u gave ur phone to. Why not call the person and ask him if he knows any of the new contacts.
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by Behankey(m): 5:30am On Dec 01, 2017
It is not the fault of 3CHub neither is anything wrong with your phone. Might just be that tour contacts has been muddled up from.another device it ia connected to.
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by Shadedtee: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2017
The Contacts are that of the person you gave your old phone to, he probably still using your gmail that is why his contacts is still showing your new phone
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by Hhenryy: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
Surprisingly, I bought another phone (brand new again) and I did restore from back up and the same set of contacts came up again.

CC: Shadedtee Behankey MarkWayne89 sureinfo
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by Behankey(m): 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hhenryy:
Surprisingly, I bought another phone (brand new again) and I did restore from back up and the same set of contacts came up again.

CC: Shadedtee Behankey MarkWayne89 sureinfo
It came up because u restored it. Have u solved it? And what phone did u get this time.
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by Hhenryy: 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2017
Behankey:
It came up because u restored it. Have u solved it? And what phone did u get this time.

I'm suspecting an airtel sim i bought recently.
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by Behankey(m): 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2017
Hhenryy:

ah. Okay then
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:29am On Dec 31, 2017
Hhenryy:

The issue is from the sim
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by Kogbaski: 9:19pm On Jan 03, 2018
It's from the Sim . not the phone
Re: Help, What Does This Mean? by koskilala: 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2018
I think it's the Sim also. Nothing wrong with the phone

(1) (Reply)

How To Delete Sent Whatsapp Messages After Seven Minutes / Samsung Emoji Update 2018 / A Good Phone That I Can Get For 40 To 50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.