Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked (56132 Views)

How To Set Up And Use Find My Iphone To Locate Your Lost Iphone, Ipad And More / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Busch: 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
Am about to purchase an iphone 8 plus of about 256gb which is said to be chip locked. can anyone please enlighten me on the advantage and disadvantage of using chips on iphone cause I noticed that most chipped iphones are way more cheaper than the unlocked one. please help a brother out. The money is not a joke please.
And also, if someone uses a chip on an iphone, does it mean it can't be used with another chip again?

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by tblaze007(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
Same problem I'm facing currently.. I hope someone clears this issue for me too

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Reeoman: 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
From my little understanding of all this iPhone and Samsung, it mean the phone is still locked to a particular carrier in the us or UK..
I.e a device might be locked to AT&T or VERIZON and this network are not here in Nigeria, which means you have to unlock it before you can use any Nigeria network on it..

Maybe I am wrong tho

Somebody should correct me

7 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Mike23r: 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2019
Busch:
Am about to purchase an iphone 8 plus of about 256gb which is said to be chip locked. can anyone please enlighten me on the advantage and disadvantage of using chips on iphone cause I noticed that most chipped iphones are way more cheaper than the unlocked one. please help a brother out. The money is not a joke please.
And also, if someone uses a chip on an iphone, does it mean it can't be used with another chip again?

chipp unlocked mean not fully unlocked,but u can still u ur normal sim with phone,but u cant changed the sim anyhow whivh depends on the chip though

6 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Mike23r: 6:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
u can use as many chip. u want..i chipped my phone twice due to network abaiblilyt

Mike23r:

chipp unlocked mean not fully unlocked,but u can still u ur normal sim with phone,but u cant changed the sim anyhow whivh depends on the chip though

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Mike23r: 6:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
Reeoman:
From my little understanding of all this iPhone and Samsung, it mean the phone is still locked to a particular carrier in the us or UK..
I.e a device might be locked to AT&T or VERIZON and this network are not here in Nigeria, which means you have to unlock it before you can use any Nigeria network on it..

Maybe I am wrong tho

Somebody should correct me
yoo riggt

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Ruccia2014: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
let me give you my own view stemming from few years of dealing with iPhones.
Iphones are produced with two variations; Factory Unlocked and Network Locked iPhones(Usually Cheaper).
Factory unlocked iphones allow you to change ur sim card anyday,anytime, while with chip unlocked Iphones u have to program a particular sim card with that chip in order to bypass the Simlock places on that iPhone by the original carriers(AT&T,Verizon,T-Mobile etc.)
As at the moment of this write up I strongly advise not to buy any chip unlocked iPhones till further notice, why? Apple Inc, Update their iOS to iOS 13 and made the previous chip unlock method obsolete. To the best of my knowledge the only working method for this chip unlocked method is what is popularly called "manual chip unlock" by ikj boys. Which will not work for iPhones locked to sprint as the original carrier.

12 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Kingkun69(m): 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
Before using chip unlocked was good but from iOS 13 it won't work again so you can either do this 2
1.dont buy chip unlocked
2.there are ways you can pay some technical know how ppl that can unlock it to factory but you should note that some of them are scams and some carriers that are really pricey to unlock (might end up spending the amount for a factory unlocked if not more)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Timileyin1234(m): 9:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
Kingkun69:
Before using chip unlocked was good but from iOS 13 it won't work again so you can either do this 2
1.dont buy chip unlocked
2.there are ways you can pay some technical know how ppl that can unlock it to factory but you should note that some of them are scams and some carriers that are really pricey to unlock (might end up spending the amount for a factory unlocked if not more)
Sebi if person no update to iOS 13. The phone go still dey work with the iOS 12

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Kingkun69(m): 10:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
Timileyin1234:

Sebi if person no update to iOS 13. The phone go still dey work with the iOS 12
not sure

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by princemillla(m): 7:15am On Sep 17, 2019
Kingkun69:
not sure

Am on 13.0 and am using chip.

Chip has really helped alot of us who are die hard iPhone fans.

I unlock phones but in most cases I advise my client to buy chip why? Check the following reasons

1. Some iPhones are
* under contract which means it has not been fully paid off. (Debt)

* blacklisted which means the imei is dented and you will have to pass Tru some sort of grace to get tech to clean the imei or bypass it.

* in most cases they are generally tag BAD ESN/Financed

2. Some network are naturally expensive to unlock hence client go for chip. Sprint T-mobile etc

3. Some are generally not supported.mostly new devices

If iPhones fall into any of the above the best way to go around it bypass those hurdles with chip.

Some chips allows you to switch Sim if only you know what you are doing.
My 2cent

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by tblaze007(m): 7:25am On Sep 17, 2019
princemillla:

I unlock phones but in most cases I advise my client to buy chip why? Check the following reasons

1. Some iPhones are

* blacklisted which means the imei is dented and you will have to pass Tru some sort of grace to get tech to clean the imei or bypass it.

2. Some network are naturally expensive to unlock hence client go for chip. Sprint T-mobile etc

If iPhones fall into any of the above the best way to go around it bypass those hurdles with chip.

My 2cent

You made alot of sense thanks

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by shomutuski(m): 10:29am On Sep 17, 2019
princemillla:

1. Some iPhones are

My 2cent

Bro i got an iPhone too 6s it's working perfectly except that any sim i put inside doesnt work. Telling me sim not installed. Pks what do i do

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by princemillla(m): 11:04am On Sep 17, 2019
shomutuski:

Bro i got an iPhone too 6s it's working perfectly except that any sim i put inside doesnt work. Telling me sim not installed. Pks what do i do

Sm not installed or no Sim / invalid sim/ searching which one are u getting

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by shomutuski(m): 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
princemillla:

Sm not installed or no Sim / invalid sim/ searching which one are u getting

Sim not installed

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by DeyGee(m): 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
Iphone 8 plus available

Hot deal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by shogsman(m): 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2019
Chip unlocked iPhones are iPhones that are not factory unlocked m,hence you have to buy a chip to use a sim on the iPhone or better still unlock it.

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by afolabia143: 2:15am On Sep 19, 2019
For your factory unlock of T-Mobile,att message me 09033365257 less than 45k
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Macaulish(m): 1:25am On Sep 20, 2019
Kingkun69:
1.dont buy chip unlocked

Microchips works fine and more flawless on iOS 13 than iOS 12.4.1.

tested and confirmed already.

Just buy the right working chip.
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by kolexis: 12:08am On Oct 18, 2019
princemillla:

1. Some iPhones are

My 2cent

HELLO please help me out, I got a chip unlocked iPhone 7 Plus recently and I’m about to update to iOS 13 is it safe please?

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by princemillla(m): 2:10am On Oct 18, 2019
kolexis:

HELLO please help me out, I got a chip unlocked iPhone 7 Plus recently and I’m about to update to iOS 13 is it safe please?

Go on but afterwards don't remove Sim o
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by kolexis: 11:48pm On Oct 18, 2019
princemillla:

Go on but afterwards don't remove Sim o
Oops updated and phone worked fine thanks, sadly I removed sim now I’m in trouble

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by princemillla(m): 10:11am On Oct 19, 2019
kolexis:

Oops updated and phone worked fine thanks, sadly I removed sim now I’m in trouble

Lol
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by meemich234(m): 9:38am On Nov 25, 2019
Clean iPhone 7plus 128gb and 256gb for sale..... with a free screen guard and 2 different pouches (Lagos Mainland)

Call : o814323six46six

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by abiolag(m): 12:31am On Jan 05, 2020
kolexis:

Wot later happen when u inserted the sim? I'm about going for a chip iPhone X which is wot my budget can afford but I'm scared of future issue. Any network issue since uve been using d chip (with internet or network signal)?

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by kolexis: 2:39am On Jan 05, 2020
abiolag:

Wot later happen when u inserted the sim? I'm about going for a chip iPhone X which is wot my budget can afford but I'm scared of future issue. Any network issue since uve been using d chip (with internet or network signal)?
It was bad for me sir, my chip didn't work again I'd never use a chip unlock iPhone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:45am On Jan 05, 2020
Op it is NOT worth the stress of buying a chip unlocked IPhone..not worth it at all..be patient and save more to get a factory unlocked one or just add some money(if you have ) and get it for your peace of mind..been using iPhones for years so I know what I’m saying..

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by abiolag(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2020
kolexis:

It was bad for me sir, my chip didn't work again I'd never use a chip unlock iPhone
Sorry about ur experience. Maybe I'll wait until I av enough money to get factory unlocked
But don't u think getting a new chip will solve d issue?
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by abiolag(m): 11:41am On Jan 05, 2020
AkpaMgbor:
Op it is NOT worth the stress of buying a chip unlocked IPhone..not worth it at all..be patient and save more to get a factory unlocked one or just add some money(if you have ) and get it for your peace of mind..been using iPhones for years so I know what I’m saying..
Thanx for ur input. I'm also contemplating on getting a chip unlock iPhone x or xr but with all d info I've gathered here, I think I'll chill till I get complete fund for d factory unlocked version
Thanks once again
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Bosun13: 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
Pls o ....I don't know much about iPhone and I want to buy one...I don't care either using sim or not..my concern is, can I be able to use any locked iPhone with WIFI
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by Demmylove(m): 10:58am On Jan 06, 2020
I want to buy an iPhone 6 plus from jumia, Do I have to unlock it after buying it brand new.

Also can you please explain the flexibility of using iphones like updating apps and downloading music and videos, I heard they are not as flexible as Android phones.

Also what does locked iCloud mean and what is it essence?

Thanks
Re: What Does It Mean For An Iphone To Be Chipped Locked by ceasare: 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hi all,
I hv a mint UK used iPhone 7 128GB caramel black for sale
Complete with pack and charger for 85k slightly negotiable
Contact me via by details on signature

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Countries That Spends The Most Time On Internet, Social Media. Nigeria At / Infinix Race Eagle, Android phone. / Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.