Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination (3193 Views)

Is this Why Students Fail Exams? / The Entire Final Year Biochemistry Students Fail An Exam In #EKSU / 6 Reasons Students Fail Examination Despite Studying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by adebisiseun2(m): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
About 437 foreign medical students who sat for the Medical Dental Council of Nigeria, MDCN examination recently, at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, UITH have reportedly failed the exam following the release of the result. The doctors who had been verified by US/MDCN questioned why only 243 allegedly passed out of the overall 689. According to some Doctors who exclusively spoke to Vanguard, they alleged that a top source in UITH initially hinted that about 500 doctors passed the assessment examination, only for the MDCN through its Registrar, Dr Tajudeen Sanusi to releases a statement that only 243 actually passed. One of the students, describing the result as a ploy to undermine foreign trained doctors, said that the irregularities that characterised the entire process of the examination were questionable. Some of the irregularities listed included: lack of coherent preparation for the students ; no cohesive curriculum and baseless marking scheme; high cost of verification and registration fees; including an alleged last minute change of questions by the MDCN and the stress they went through in the course of three months preparations for the exam among others. The foreign medical students had earlier complained of victimization by Dr Tajudeen Sanusi, Registrar of MDCN ahead of the assessment examination. A doctor who gave his name as Dr Nuhu, said Dr Sanusi saw foreign trained doctors as incompetent, adding that when he paid them a visit, his response to their complaints about a proper structure for the programme, was that most of the doctors were unqualified for the MDCN assessment examination. Dr Nuhu quoted Dr Sanusi as saying, “We train you in clinical medicine and dentistry to use your medulla not diagnostic medicine that is automated, which you were taught. I am sure based on your SSCE most of you are not qualified to be seated here.”
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Rihsabmohd(m): 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
hmmm
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by janedearie: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
shocked
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Ramwab94(m): 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
"...I am sure based on your SSCE, most of you are not qualified to be here today".
But Dr Taju, why na! The foreign Medical Doctors don offend you before? Imagine you comparing their foreign competence with Nigeria's! Abeg make una no think am. Every examination in Nigeria is scam. MDCN is no exception. Dazz why our Professional Medical Doctors kept traveling abroad because MDCN, Government and other dwindling factors had kept contributing to their nosediving welfare...
Nonesense and ingredients!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by cdqyehyeh(m): 12:36am On Nov 24, 2017
dis Nigeria dan tire person sef, kaduna teachers failed, mor dan halve medical dentist failed, above 70 percent wassce student failed,. Our government are even failing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Xsem(m): 5:34am On Nov 24, 2017
undecided Dr sanusi is a frustrated man, how can you brazenly compare the competence of foreign medical students to their colleagues that studied in Nigeria, that is asininity at its apogee. All I see here is a doctor with deep acrimony, envy and personal vendetta against those foreigners.
500 names ware sent to you but you uploaded only 200,for what? Just to prove your lame point Abi? This matter shouldn't be left like that because he can't just be displaying shear wickedness with impunity. All allegations brought against him should be investigated thoroughly, from resources gathered so far, this man takes so much joy in fighting and demeaning FMS,which is of course in its own right, a wrong battle.

2 Likes

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by charleymed(m): 7:14am On Nov 24, 2017
Xsem:
undecided Dr sanusi is a frustrated man, how can you brazenly compare the competence of foreign medical students to their colleagues that studied in Nigeria, that is asininity at its apogee. All I see here is a doctor with deep acrimony, envy and personal vendetta against those foreigners.
500 names ware sent to you but you uploaded only 200,for what? Just to prove your lame point Abi? This matter shouldn't be left like that because he can't just be displaying shear wickedness with impunity. All allegations brought against him should be investigated thoroughly, from resources gathered so far, this man takes so much joy in fighting and demeaning FMS,which is of course in its own right, a wrong battle.
Could you please stop ranting.
By "foreign trained " hope you're are not talking about those that trained in Ukraine, Poland, Romania, China, Belarus etc??
To the best of my knowledge, they left because they couldn't pass jamb at several attempts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by ghostmist: 7:47am On Nov 24, 2017
charleymed:
By "foreign trained " hope you're are not talking about those that trained in Ukraine, Poland, Romania, China, Belarus etc??
To the best of my knowledge, they left because they couldn't pass jamb at several attempts.
So, is Nigeria any better in the medical profession than those countries you mentioned?

2 Likes

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by charleymed(m): 7:49am On Nov 24, 2017
ghostmist:
So, is Nigeria any better in the medical profession than those countries you mentioned?
In medical training. Yes...
But in my medical profession?? I don't even understand what that means.

1 Like

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Xsem(m): 9:06am On Nov 24, 2017
charleymed:

And what of those that left willingly due to inefficiency of educational system in Nigeria?, what of those that left because they had the wherewithal? what of those that went through scholarships? I am a medical student in Nigeria and I tell you solemnly if I had my way, I would have gone to UK, Ukraine,cuba, even morrocco. Mr man, Nigeria's education is not something to write home about. Jamb is nothing OK, that someone didn't pass jamb doesn't in anyway depreciate or undermine his academic prowess.
The irony is that after everything your politicians, president and the rich will run to them when they develop a little ailment. And what if they didn't pass jamb? 90% of those that gain admission into Medical College don't reach the cut off marks but they will influence the admission process and go through the back door.
Believe me you, present a foreign trained doctoraand Nigerian trained doctor and I bet you 100% of Nigerians will go for them even you Mr, not minding their college Alma mater. So your argument is baseless, jamb is not a criteria.Please stop your useless comparison, Nigerian's educational system is substandard in all ramifications and it's patent to everyone. Thank God for PLAB and uslme.

3 Likes

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Xsem(m): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2017
charleymed:
In medical training. Yes...
But in my medical profession?? I don't even understand what that means.
;DQuagmired fellow. Our medical training is nothing to write home about too. Too many redundant stress.
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by lastmessenger: 9:16am On Nov 24, 2017
Xsem:

And what of those that left willingly due to inefficiency of educational system in Nigeria?, what of those that left because they had the wherewithal? what of those that went through scholarships? I am a medical student in Nigeria and I tell you solemnly if I had my way, I would have gone to UK, Ukraine,cuba, even morrocco. Mr man, Nigeria's education is not something to write home about. Jamb is nothing OK, that someone didn't pass jamb doesn't in anyway depreciate or undermine his academic prowess.
The irony is that after everything your politicians, president and the rich will run to them when they develop a little ailment. And what if they didn't pass jamb? 90% of those that gain admission into Medical College don't reach the cut off marks but they will influence the admission process and go through the back door.
Believe me you, present a foreign trained doctoraand Nigerian trained doctor and I bet you 100% of Nigerians will go for them even you Mr, not minding their college Alma mater. So your argument is baseless, jamb is not a criteria.Please stop your useless comparison, Nigerian's educational system is substandard in all ramifications and it's patent to everyone. Thank God for PLAB and uslme.
i see a lot of fight and victimization in the medical profession? Why is it like that bro?
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 24, 2017
charleymed:

If you are inferring that medical training is better in Nigeria than any of those countries you listed, then it's fair to conclude that you are poorly informed.

2 Likes

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by lastmessenger: 9:34am On Nov 24, 2017
trolley:

If you are inferring that medical training is better in Nigeria than any of those countries you listed, then it's fair to conclude that you are poorly informed.
don't mind the guy. To him good medical training means a different thing. Let's even start from the teaching hospitals, does any Nigeria teaching hospital measure up to that found in China, Ukraine and all the other mentioned countries?

2 Likes

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Xsem(m): 9:37am On Nov 24, 2017
lastmessenger:
i see a lot of fight and victimization in the medical profession? Why is it like that bro?
The top men, especially those consultants don't want other juniors to reach there level, so they employ every possible means to inundate their progress. I know it's because of the money but the problem is that they don't even know that we already have shortage of doctors in Nigeria. You will say nobody is holding my destiny but you will know better when you try to progress in the medical line. Recent data shows that close to 1000 doctors resigned from Luth ,recently close to 600 doctors applied for residency in overseas.

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by charleymed(m): 9:39am On Nov 24, 2017
Xsem:

Normally, I would have ignored you but you seem to be very intelligent, hence we can have a meaningful discussion.
When I'm talking abroad, I'm not talking about UK, USA Australia, Cuba and there likes, these are countries with track record and quality control system in medical training and education.
The countries I listed still stands and I can go ahead to prove my point.
Let's take Ukraine as a case study,
Before the advent of the mass exodus of frustrated Nigerian admission seekers to Ukraine for medical education, was anything known about Ukraine??
Ukraine as everyone know has no record whatsoever in education let alone medical education. Even their citizens don't stay in their country.

For the little time i have spent on earth, I have never heard of anyone one securing admission to study medicine by just applying online, without any form entrance exams or scrutiny. It only happens in Ukraine, where one who's not even qualified for admission into biology education in UI will gain admission into a medical school in less than 24 hours.
That says a lot about the system.
Ukraine is not even an English speaking country, and it wants to train students in English??
A friend of mine that schools there told me that they normally use interpreters for most of their lecture sessions. They're not even allowed to dissect cadavers. And most of the medical schools are just a single block, more like a department in a typical medical school in Nigeria, with the 6-10 bed improvised teaching hospital. WTF is that.
Come to think of it...
How can a country as small as Ukraine have over 250 medical schools, even neighbouring Russia which is more advanced can't boast of such. How do they fund it?
That's to tell you that it's a hoax and a ploy to defraud people of their resources.

If those countries are as good as you think, why can't they practice after graduation??
Why do they have to come back to a failed system just to fail a 500 level exams??
Nigerias medical education might be bad, but it's far better than those ones in Ukraine.
Talking about failing jamb and jamb not being a standard for measuring intelligence, well that's what we have and we use it.
It's not just peculiar to Nigeria, even in USA... More people going to Caribbean islands to study medicine from USA, failed MCAT at several attempts. Or you want to say that MCAT is not a standard exams??

4 Likes

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Xsem(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2017
B
charleymed:
Normally, I would have ignored you but you seem to be very intelligent, hence we can have a meaningful discussion.
When I'm talking abroad, I'm not talking about UK, USA Australia, Cuba and there likes, these are countries with track record and quality control system in medical training and education.
The countries I listed still stands and I can go ahead to prove my point.
Let's take Ukraine as a case study,
Before the advent of the mass exodus of frustrated Nigerian admission seekers to Ukraine for medical education, was anything known about Ukraine??
Ukraine as everyone know has no record whatsoever in education let alone medical education. Even their citizens don't stay in their country.

For the little time i have spent on earth, I have never heard of anyone one securing admission to study medicine by just applying online, without any form entrance exams or scrutiny. It only happens in Ukraine, where one who's not even qualified for admission into biology education in UI will gain admission into a medical school in less than 24 hours.
That says a lot about the system.
Ukraine is not even an English speaking country, and it wants to train students in English??
A friend of mine that schools there told me that they normally use interpreters for most of their lecture sessions. They're not even allowed to dissect cadavers. And most of the medical schools are just a single block, more like a department in a typical medical school in Nigeria, with the 6-10 bed improvised teaching hospital. WTF is that.
Come to think of it...
How can a country as small as Ukraine have over 250 medical schools, even neighbouring Russia which is more advanced can't boast of such. How do they fund it?
That's to tell you that it's a hoax and a ploy to defraud people of their resources.

If those countries are as good as you think, why can't they practice after graduation??
Why do they have to come back to a failed system just to fail a 500 level exams??
Nigerias medical education might be bad, but it's far better than those ones in Ukraine.
Talking about failing jamb and jamb not being a standard for measuring intelligence, well that's what we have and we use it.
It's not just peculiar to Nigeria, even in USA... More people going to Caribbean islands to study medicine from USA, failed MCAT at several attempts. Or you want to say that MCAT is not a standard exams??
Okay you have a point. I thought you were generalizing. But from the post, do you in anyway acquiesce to the kind of hate speeches dished out by Dr sanusi on those medical students? For me it's not justifiable in any way. From what I could elicit from him(dr sanusi), I only see a man filled with dudgeon and acrimony. He had already judged them before the exam they took. The write up, said that UITH sent up-to 500 names of those that surpassed the exam but the Dr decided to upload only 200 which is still very wrong, what happened to the remaining names.
Though we have mushroom medical schools littered almost in every part of the world but notwithstanding, there are still good ones too. Ukraine for instance, has a good medical school (kharkiv medical school),a very standard school, Just google it.Though the most important thing is self development but school is also important. Likewise in Nigeria, there is unn, UI, OAU, and there is Lasu, esut, ebsu, imsu and also babcock, It doesn't mean that if I couldn't get UI that babcock or Lasu is not an option.If I can't lay my hands on iPhone, there are other options like techno, Samsung, or even Nokia,at the end we are still doing the same thing.
As for the exam they took, it's like that in every part of the world,why are Nigerian students striving to write PLAB or USLME and leave Nigeria? don't we have jobs for them?haha, the poor salary and hardship is a red flag Mr.Some FMs have ambitions like politics,or to contribute their quota in the development of Nigeria.So it's paramount that you participate in the exam and also in nysc to avail you the ambition you seek. Don't also forget racism exist in all these foreign countries, so to practice won't be easy. There are so many things that can make one opt to come home to Nigeria.In Ukraine,doctors don't earn much and that could be one of the issues.
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Ramwab94(m): 11:39am On Nov 24, 2017
adebisiseun2:
About 437 foreign medical students who sat for the
Medical Dental Council of Nigeria, MDCN examination
recently, at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital,
UITH have reportedly failed the exam following the
release of the result.
The doctors who had been verified by US/MDCN
questioned why only 243 allegedly passed out of the
overall 689.
According to some Doctors who exclusively spoke to
Vanguard, they alleged that a top source in UITH
initially hinted that about 500 doctors passed the
assessment examination, only for the MDCN through
its Registrar, Dr Tajudeen Sanusi to releases a
statement that only 243 actually passed.
One of the students, describing the result as a ploy to
undermine foreign trained doctors, said that the
irregularities that characterised the entire process of
the examination were questionable.
Some of the irregularities listed included: lack of
coherent preparation for the students ; no cohesive
curriculum and baseless marking scheme; high cost of
verification and registration fees; including an alleged
last minute change of questions by the MDCN and
the stress they went through in the course of three
months preparations for the exam among others.
The foreign medical students had earlier complained
of victimization by Dr Tajudeen Sanusi, Registrar of
MDCN ahead of the assessment examination.
A doctor who gave his name as Dr Nuhu, said Dr
Sanusi saw foreign trained doctors as incompetent,
adding that when he paid them a visit, his response
to their complaints about a proper structure for the
programme, was that most of the doctors were
unqualified for the MDCN assessment examination.
Dr Nuhu quoted Dr Sanusi as saying,
“We train you in clinical medicine and dentistry to
use your medulla not diagnostic medicine that is
automated, which you were taught. I am sure
based on your SSCE most of you are not qualified
to be seated here.”
OP, abeg add the link to your story make Lalasticlala move the thread go frontpage.
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by lenghtinny(m): 12:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
The reason is envy and nothing else...
Most institutions related to education are fond of doing this anytime they come across anyone that studied outside the country. Always looking for a medium to downgrade and ridicule them.

1 Like

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by lenghtinny(m): 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
charleymed:
How come despite your glorified jamb and how excellent your medical schools are, Una still dey carry patient go India angry...
Nigerian educational system is light years behind some of the countries you mentioned but hate and envy won't let you admit it.
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by charleymed(m): 1:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
Xsem:
B
Okay you have a point. I thought you were generalizing. But from the post, do you in anyway acquiesce to the kind of hate speeches dished out by Dr sanusi on those medical students? For me it's not justifiable in any way. From what I could elicit from him(dr sanusi), I only see a man filled with dudgeon and acrimony. He had already judged them before the exam they took. The write up, said that UITH sent up-to 500 names of those that surpassed the exam but the Dr decided to upload only 200 which is still very wrong, what happened to the remaining names.
Though we have mushroom medical schools littered almost in every part of the world but notwithstanding, there are still good ones too. Ukraine for instance, has a good medical school (kharkiv medical school),a very standard school, Just google it.Though the most important thing is self development but school is also important. Likewise in Nigeria, there is unn, UI, OAU, and there is Lasu, esut, ebsu, imsu and also babcock, It doesn't mean that if I couldn't get UI that babcock or Lasu is not an option.If I can't lay my hands on iPhone, there are other options like techno, Samsung, or even Nokia,at the end we are still doing the same thing.
As for the exam they took, it's like that in every part of the world,why are Nigerian students striving to write PLAB or USLME and leave Nigeria? don't we have jobs for them?haha, the poor salary and hardship is a red flag Mr.Some FMs have ambitions like politics,or to contribute their quota in the development of Nigeria.So it's paramount that you participate in the exam and also in nysc to avail you the ambition you seek. Don't also forget racism exist in all these foreign countries, so to practice won't be easy. There are so many things that can make one opt to come home to Nigeria.In Ukraine,doctors don't earn much and that could be one of the issues.
If Dr sanusi really said that, then it's unprofessional to say the least. But that not withstanding, if thoroughly analysed one could get a glimpse at why anyone would say so.
This so called foreign trained doctors have an over inflated ego. Imagine one of them, whom I know very well, the highest he ever had in jamb was 170, that's after several attempts, bragging about how well trained and advanced he is.
He even went further to say that, MDCN should thank them for even considering coming back to practice, instead of giving them some exams to write. And he schooled in Ukraine, in a school whose physical and academic facilities are not up-to anatomy department in UI.
Off course, he failed the licensing exams and now works in some bank.

These guys don't that we are allow aware of the circumstances surrounding their disappearance and reappearance...
Everyone just wants to form foreign, even when they now they are not better.

Thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by charleymed(m): 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
lenghtinny:

How come despite your glorified jamb and how excellent your medical schools are, Una still dey carry patient go India angry...
Nigerian educational system is light years behind some of the countries you mentioned but hate and envy won't let you admit it.
Envy??
Are you kidding me?
If at all I want to be envious, at least I won't be envious of some one that schooled in Ukraine.
What for na??
See, if you give me a scholarship to study medicine in Ukraine, I will gladly turn it down for UI or anyother federal university in Nigeria.
Just do your research, Nigeria is not that bad.

About people going to India , if the government refuses to invest in healthcare, whose fault is it.
Not just that, people go there for different reasons, some to show off, cos I have seen someone that went to India for common herniaorraphy that can be done very well here, he only wanted to show that he is rich.
It happens everywhere.
People also leave India to receive treatment in the US and vice versa. But that doesn't mean they're grossly ineffectient in handling such issues.
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Xsem(m): 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
charleymed:
If Dr sanusi really said that, then it's unprofessional to say the least. But that not withstanding, if thoroughly analysed one could get a glimpse at why anyone would say so.
This so called foreign trained doctors have an over inflated ego. Imagine one of them, whom I know very well, the highest he ever had in jamb was 170, that's after several attempts, bragging about how well trained and advanced he is.
He even went further to say that, MDCN should thank them for even considering coming back to practice, instead of giving them some exams to write. And he schooled in Ukraine, in a school whose physical and academic facilities are not up-to anatomy department in UI.
Off course, he failed the licensing exams and now works in some bank.

These guys don't that we are allow aware of the circumstances surrounding their disappearance and reappearance...
Everyone just wants to form foreign, even when they now they are not better.

Thanks for your understanding.
You are on point, just that you like generalizing. What you posted as for foreign students studying in substandard schools is true but not absolute.That scenario is one that can also be obtained in Nigeria. Some students are very serious while others care less, some schools are more standard than others while some are living in past glories with there names inundating the achievements of other upcoming schools.
If we have over 200 medical schools in Ukraine, believe me you close to twenty will be very standard.This is not alien to what is obtainable here in Nigeria. Don't underestimate or underrate all foreign students that come your way, some of them are very good with what they are doing while others are not. My point... Stop generalizing. While we have good ones, we also have bad ones.
I know someone who left for overseas(ukraine) because his jamb was seized and released after the screening exam. What did he score then? 272,his waec was 4As and 5B2s, is that not great?and I know another who scored 222 with Caution in his waec, studying mbbs in UNN. Anyways thanks for your time, see you around.
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Xsem(m): 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
charleymed:
Envy??
Are you kidding me?
If at all I want to be envious, at least I won't be envious of some one that schooled in Ukraine.
What for na??
See, if you give me a scholarship to study medicine in Ukraine, I will gladly turn it down for UI or anyother federal university in Nigeria.
Just do your research, Nigeria is not that bad.

About people going to India , if the government refuses to invest in healthcare, whose fault is it.
Not just that, people go there for different reasons, some to show off, cos I have seen someone that went to India for common herniaorraphy that can be done very well here, he only wanted to show that he is rich.
It happens everywhere.
People also leave India to receive treatment in the US and vice versa. But that doesn't mean they're grossly ineffectient in handling such issues.
Stop using Ukraine as a case study, a lot is happening over there man. UKRAINE have good medical schools likewise bad ones, this is something obtainable everywhere. I don't know what gave you the notion that UKRAINE is bad, I wish you meet a well read medical student studying in Ukraine, I promise you, you will change your opinion about them with alacrity. Forget hearsay, do your google research, they have one of the best medical school(s).
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by DrAdonis: 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
Xsem:
B

The so called hearsay that 500 passed is just what it is - a hearsay!
There's no way 500 will pass and MDCN will upload 200 names and even university of ilorin will keep quiet...That will just be MDCN challenging the credibility of the exam which UITH staff won't take lightly.

I think you're trying to claim quality of medical education in those aforementioned countries is better than in Nigeria because you have not started clinical practice. I bet you, you'll know better someday.

Medical education in Nigeria is top notch (the lecturers, curriculum, regulation and accreditation) - take it or leave it. I never knew till I interacted with doctors from all over the world. Someone who trained in Ukraine told me that he never examined a patient as a medical student, I still find that hard to believe till date but it's the truth.

We may not have the best hostels, sporting facilities and diagnostic equipment but being a good doctor has absolutely nothing to do with having a PET scan or brachytherapy machine, it's just about taking a good history, an examination and being able to put those together with the available relevant investigation report.

3 Likes

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by Xsem(m): 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
DrAdonis:

There's no way 500 will pass and MDCN will upload 200 names and even university of ilorin will keep quiet...That will just be MDCN challenging the credibility of the exam which UITH staff won't take lightly.

I think you're trying to claim quality of medical education in those aforementioned countries is better than in Nigeria because you have not started clinical practice. I bet you, you'll know better someday.

Medical education in Nigeria is top notch (the lecturers, curriculum, regulation and accreditation) - take it or leave it. I never knew till I interacted with doctors from all over the world. Someone who trained in Ukraine told me that he never examined a patient as a medical student, I still find that hard to believe till date but it's the truth.

We may not have the best hostels, sporting facilities and diagnostic equipment but being a good doctor has absolutely nothing to do with having a PET scan or brachytherapy machine, it's just about taking a good history, an examination and being able to put those together with the available relevant investigation report.
Is not only one medical school that is in Ukraine oga.Please read the post again and see the threats and saucy words dished out by Dr sanusi. UITH also affirmed that 500 names were sent and they are surprised how only 200 was uploaded. Don't contradict the post, it was clearly stated there. Our medical schools are trying but not yet top notch, you use top notch when you are referring to John Hopkins, Harvard, Yale, Oxford or Stanford.

1 Like

Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by SmooshCHN: 8:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by austin212: 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2017
Pleas I want to know if the student visa is sure cause I have interview with the Ukraine embassy this December for the case of sponsorship my elder brother is the one sponsoring me I hope that those not have any effect?

We may not have the best hostels, sporting facilities and diagnostic equipment but being a good doctor has absolutely nothing to do with having a PET scan or brachytherapy machine, it's just about taking a good history, an examination and being able to put those together with the available relevant investigation report.[/quote]
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by drrooney(m): 3:52am On Dec 17, 2019
Xsem:
B
Bro the only reason I'm replying is that you rated the iPhone above Samsung! What the hell! Lol
Re: 437 Out Of 689 Foreign Students Fail MDCN Examination by KingAzubuike(f): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2020
lenghtinny:

Yeah you're right.. Most especially with foreign students who had their Mbbs degree outside the country and came back home to do MDCN exams. The envy and hatred they face is just terrible.

(1) (Reply)

SMASHING Your Semester Exams Like A BOSS... Student's GUIDE to Academic Excellen / Unilag Cut-off Mark For 2010/2011 Admission / Best ACCA Study Centre In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.