Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? (13959 Views)

Port Harcourt 7pm Curfew: Residents Trapped In Traffic Gridlock: Pics & Video / A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by deeptechcool(m): 11:54am On Nov 24, 2017
Jebba-Ilorin road. Spent 22hours transporting rams in 2014. Many rams were lost.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 11:55am On Nov 24, 2017
2009 kubwa express abuja, heading to Madalla, i spent 4hours in a car,
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by TemmyTee82(f): 11:55am On Nov 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

A solution must be found....... Religious activities must not hold a road network to ransom (but it's Nigeria)..... Nah so Ambode and FRSC go dey look like Lucozade

Dem no want offend the power that be ni. Make one G.O. no go curse dem.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by perdollar(m): 11:55am On Nov 24, 2017
Richardabbey:
angry D Question Shld Have Been , "longest Time U Spent In Jail " . U Will See All Dose Eastern Natives Go Dey Anser U - 14, 9 , 24 , 15 , They Are Criminals Over There
stupid ewu! live n let's live is better than wat ur ppl r known for: die n let's die. if not dt ur life can never get ds useless u for don go on suicide mission like ur fellow Mohammadan. not too late anyway go kill urself along ur hell bound Muslim mumu ummah.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Lexusgs430: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2017
TemmyTee82:

Dem no want offend the power that be ni. Make one G.O. no go curse dem.

I hear o..... Religious hostage activities situation, abi?
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by TemmyTee82(f): 11:58am On Nov 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I hear o..... Religious hostage activities situation, abi?
Remember what happened when that compulsory retirement for G.O.s issue came up.
Na one person head dem take break coconut.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Adekdammy: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2017
Redemption camp axis, 12.30am to 10:20am.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by okewumi: 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
LAGOS- IBADAN express road during muslim ileya festival. Traveled 1pm in the afternoon and got to ibadan 5am the following day
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Erums(m): 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
wunmi590:
Honestly we still have a long way to go in this country.

I guess Lagos to Abeokuta 7hours

Which road did u pass... Even as bad as sango i dnt tink dats possible
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by AceRoyal: 12:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
2007 Lagos-Benin express way. 12hrs traffic hold up. Two trailers fell across the road causing multiple accidents in the process. A day I'll never forget!
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Lexusgs430: 12:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
TemmyTee82:

Remember what happened when that compulsory retirement for G.O.s issue came up.

Na one person head dem take break coconut.

We carry religion for head, like very very hot catfish peppersoup........

And our economy/government/population is anything but religious......
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by DONADAMS(m): 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
lol....wahala dey Lagos...mine was when a trailer broke down on that ojuelegba bridge...I left CMS 5pm...I reached ikorodu 11:30pm..what should be normally slightly above an hour...rain fell that day..the BRT man 1 kill us with A.C..we complained and he turned it off buh it turned on automatically again..he said that's how its programmed and that was how people started opening the windows....no be small discussion about Nigeria inside BRT that day..some people sabi Nigeria history pass google sef...I was fvcking angry!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Lexusgs430: 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
Adekdammy:
Redemption camp axis, 12.30am to 10:20am.

How you manage discard waste? Or you hold am for body?
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by TemmyTee82(f): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

We carry religion for head, like very very hot catfish peppersoup........
And our economy/government/population is anything but religious......
I tell you. Greatest irony.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Emyjeze(m): 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Na wa oo. . .really wonderful
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Emyjeze(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2017
wazobianaija:

Bros, they are not joking o. I have spent more than 8 hours all within Berger and Redemption Ground and at the end of the day i went back to Lagos when there was no way. At the sametime, i remember a year around 2008 in Challenge to Iwo road Ibadan Expressway, there was a traffic during ileya that lasted for almost 24 hours, people turned the expressroad to Praying Ground that ileya day and some killed their ram on the express road. This is not a joke but reality.
hmmmm 24 hours kethat can only happen in lagos
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by madridguy(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2017
Wish I can type long epistle at this moment tongue but that day can never be erase from my memory. Traveling to save an accident victim " a brother " and we got hooked before mowe/ibafo. That day was terrible.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by obataokenwa(m): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
lonelydora:

And many Lagosians say they can't live outside Lagos. I try to imagine how they suffer live daily?
Infection of a rowdy lifestyle
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by obataokenwa(m): 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
moscobabs:

Just five hours? Try to drive from Oshodi to toll gate along Lagos-Abeokuta on Friday evening
8hrs you still dey road.
When I returned to Abuja, everyone said I became dark

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Chukazu: 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2017
hmm

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by MissJoy29(f): 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
I thought mine is long o. I saw 10, 8 6 hours above and I'm like what!!! shocked

Anyway, mine is 4 hours(2010, Okada ,Edo State) & 3 hours (2017, Lagos Ibadan Expressway). Not funny experiences o
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by obataokenwa(m): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
purem:

Werey how many ppl dey da ur abj wey suffering no dey embarassed

All u people using Lagos has ur business state and using Abuja has a home state and now cursing Lagos una go soon cast
Typical example of a Lagos lifestyle, always abusing people for no reason. Why on earth should someone spend five hours on traffic for a twenty minutes drive? FG should relocate some major industries in that state
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by jidody(m): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lagos Ibadan expressway: 12 hours (2005)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
I once spent 3hrs on isolo bridge. It was someone who called me twice that made me know. The first time around 6pm then called again around 9pm yet I was still on the bridge. She shouted 3hrs! It was then I checked my phone n knew I had spent 3hrs.
That day,I hated my car,felt like selling it for 20k. I envied those trekking cos of the stress plus d heat I was feeling. Though there's improvement but govt should still repair all bad roads around there.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Ximonak: 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
olumidazz:
Traffic home old lekki/Ajah road 10 hours
everyday from 5pm lekki-ajah to CMS or from CMS
especially bonny camp axis,
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by lovely17(m): 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
Us wey no get car may we just dey waka dey go
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Ximonak: 12:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
xynerise:
2 hours along Badagry Exp. Way from Mile 2 to Iyana iba
before the 10lane construction and currently
daily its normal, morning also

the new leader of traffic route is
from oluti - Alajika plus:
the marwa road inside satellite town like 5hrs almost daily
(reason fuel deport was built in a residential area, so tankers occupies the small road)
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by moscobabs(m): 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
obataokenwa:
When I returned to Abuja, everyone said I became dark
We are used to it here in Lagos
I spend minimum of 8hrs in traffic daily from my house to office everyday

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Tsowa(m): 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
2 hours some minutes at oke ose Ilorin a day to sallah 2015
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nyanya to wuse.. From 7am to 4pm.. Many ppu went back home from dt hold up dat day...2012/2013 I guess... Cant rmbr d year in particular tho... Hit d like if u still rmbr dat fateful day in Abuja...

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by ikemesit4477: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ayblaize:
I'd recall me using almost 3hours from Sango to Abk some months ago. But I have ogas, especially lagosians wink,tell us your experience.

3hrs at Niger bridge between ontisha and asaba!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by davillian(m): 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
edoman2016:
I spent 20 hours on traffic at Lagos-Ibadan expressway. I was coming from OAU after my exams to Lagos on December, 2006. During the period, Redeemed church was having a crusade at their prayer camp and the whole buses coming from different parts of Nigeria jammed together at Redeemed camp on Lagos Ibadan expressway. It was a serious traffic and no mobility of cars and vehicle throughout the day.

Our bus got to Redeemed camp on Lagos Ibadan expressway by 1pm and we left that same spot by 10:30am the next morning. I can never forget the travel experience on that day. Because all passengers slept in their buses overnight on the expressway. Street hawkers began to sell pure water at 20 naira and bottle water at 100 naira in the night.

Traffic begins to ease when government sent Nigeria army the next morning. Trust Nigeria Army, they did a very good job compared to Federal Road Safety Corp.
Lagos ibadan express 24hrs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident At Ojuwo-olijo In Kogi, Car Burnt (Photos) / Jakpa To Bolivia / Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.