Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? (14006 Views)

Port Harcourt 7pm Curfew: Residents Trapped In Traffic Gridlock: Pics & Video / A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by bujebudanu1(m): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
2010.abahji town. spend 7hrs for a 10mins drive cos of election. i was having waec to write the next day in jos. we got to abuja 2am.d day of my exam woke 5am to continue my journey. I missed d exam cos I was half way to end
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by AcquireCofOLand(m): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
ON AND REAL ESTATE/PROPERTY INVESTMENT

IN IBEJU-LEKKI/AJAH & MAGBORO

DEPOSIT #100K AND GET TURKEY, BAG OF RICE AND COOKING OIL

buy 1plot from villa garden city
Behind MFM prayer City Magboro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklgX6yrWIc

Price: #650 per plot
Title: Registered survey
Size: 600sqm
Instant Allocation/Buy and Build

FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN UP TO 6 MONTHS

3 Months plan: #230k × 3 months = #690k
6 months plan: #120k × 6 months = #720K

Deposit #100K and spread the balance for 3 to 6 months

Contact me on
08034113771 (or WhatsApp +2348027390046)

Let's discuss your options

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Financialfree: 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
Zeuz007:
Rumokoro, Two cars got spoilt in the middle of the road. We wasted an hour there cry

Meanwhile my uncle picked a fight with me not knowing how evil I can be. I'm going to steal his phone and save my two numbers as Jenny Sweet and Naomi big Brezz, then repeatedly call him and hang up at 3 am.

I'll let his wife fight him for me cheesycheesy I dont fight with my elders.
ph boy
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by thunderbabs: 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
If u r a lagos resident, u dont ve to answer to dt...coz awa gangan loba traffic grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by IgedeBushBoy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
Chai, 2hrs. Ojodu-Berger to Allen. Left house at 4pm for a rehearsal at 5. So much traffic, I got there 6pm. I was looking through the fence as the church door was being locked at 6:05pm and had to turn back from there grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2017
Zeuz007:
Rumokoro, Two cars got spoilt in the middle of the road. We wasted an hour there cry

Meanwhile my uncle picked a fight with me not knowing how evil I can be. I'm going to steal his phone and save my two numbers as Jenny Sweet and Naomi big Brezz, then repeatedly call him and hang up at 3 am.

I'll let his wife fight him for me cheesycheesy I dont fight with my elders.

motherfucker!
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by sinceraconcept(m): 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
priceaction:
Eve of ileya, muslim ed el kabril or so. Every year in lagos, is always a disaster. If you are not careful, you will enter your house the following day when everyone is just waking up. I just dont know why?
its because the largest population of Lagosians are Muslims
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by donnie(m): 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
Onitsha Head bridge .... 5 hours.

Night of Bliss Special with Pastor Chris in Lagos which held at the Loveworld Camp ground Lagos-Ibadan Expressway could have been the longest. But I got out of the vehicle and trecked to the venue. grin

Some were stuck there for 2 days. A couple about to Wed; a corpse they were taking for burial etc.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by OhiOfIhima: 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Mine was 2015, a day to Ileya, from Lokoja to Okene. Left lokoja by 5pm n arrived okene by 1am in d midnight, 8hrs. A journey dat shouldn't have more than an 1hr. It was a terrible experience but funny sha as almost all d students want to do Ileya 4 home.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
7HRS ON LAGOS - ABEOKUTA EXPRESSWAY IN 2002
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by BumbleBee007: 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
On the Lagos-Benin highway. Spent 8 long, tiring hours there. Combined with the intense humidity, it wasn't funny at all!!!
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by efighter: 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
Zeuz007:

I'll let his wife fight him for me cheesy: D I dont fight with my elders.

If you uncle's wife stab him to death (women are stabbing their husbands everyday since Buhari got to Aso Rock) , then you both shall me at Jesus feet, where you will meet to part no more.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by tete7000(m): 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
7hrs on Lagos - Ibadan expressway. That should be like 3 years ago. Coming back to Lagos after spending Ileya holiday in Ibadan. It was hellish. The traffic was stagnant, no movement for hours around Redeem-Ibafo axis. A memory I can't forget.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by tete7000(m): 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lexusgs430:

A solution must be found....... Religious activities must not hold a road network to ransom (but it's Nigeria)..... Nah so Ambode and FRSC go dey look like Lucozade

What solution do you want to find when those who will find solution are members of the churches, vice-president inclusive. Even those who are not members attend programmes to curry votes. The best way to live in Nigeria is just to sometimes understand the situation and find personal solutions around them. I avoid Lagos-Ibadan expressway once I hear any of the churches are having programme. December is around the corner and I won't dare go near the road during the upcoming holy ghost Congress. A cousin that attends one of the churches once went for the yearly Congress and came back to relay how much he suffered in holdup. He said he spent 4hrs at a spot and vowed never to attend again. Yet people trouped in daring the suffering. God is wonderful. Man can withstand anything in the name of God. I don't even expect solution anymore.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Andyg: 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
lOne faithful day, i left One man village (Mararaba, Nasarawa state) at exactly 7:30am with hope of going to my office in maitama, Abj. I reach AYA by 2;35pm. I kuku turn back from AYA. I can't forget the experience. it was terrible.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Lexusgs430: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
tete7000:

What solution do you want to find when those who will find solution are members of the churches, vice-president inclusive. Even those who are not members attend programmes to curry votes. The best way to live in Nigeria is just to sometimes understand the situation and find personal solutions around them. I avoid Lagos-Ibadan expressway once I hear any of the churches are having programme. December is around the corner and I won't dare go near the road during the upcoming holy ghost Congress. A cousin that attends one of the churches once went for the yearly Congress and came back to relay how much he suffered in holdup. He said he spent 4hrs at a spot and vowed never to attend again. Yet people trouped in daring the suffering. God is wonderful. Man can withstand anything in the name of God. I don't even expect solution anymore.

While ant dey chop, elephant dey fat ........
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
Travelled to Lagos last year Dec without informing my wife or parents why or where I am heading to. I left IBADAN around 12, drove myself in a strong PEUGEOT 206. As I fired Into Lagos around 2:30 I observed the trafick building on the other lane, I said to myself, "It will be all gone before I am ready". I finished around 3:30 and got to ojota around 4pm. that was where I met the trafick. it was so frustrating that my car spent 2 hours on a spot without moving as if I parked it. trucks dominated the road and vehicles were overheating. later the vehicles started to move every 30 mins or there about and I left the long bridge where the trafick ended around 10: 45pm since 4pm. I resorted to overspending to beat time but I was too late. I did 160-170km/h with a Peugeot 206 with TU3 engine. reached Ibadan around 11:50pm and as I passed the gate in our area, I looked into the mirror, I saw the vigilante locking it. I give thanks to God for journey mercy and vow never to go to Lagos later that 7am especially if I plan to return same day.
my wife was so afraid and angry that day.

Time spent: close to 7hrs
Cause of Traffic: Berger reconstruction projects was on going then

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Acuna91: 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
6-7 hrs towards Onitsha - Asaba bridge. That day was bloody, I was traveling to Lagos and got held at the holdup due to the narrowness of the road. Finally arrived Lagos around 1am.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by phenol33(m): 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
owelle I thank u for making traffic jam disappear from owerri city!
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by ikorodureporta: 3:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
Frm ikorodu to yaba, when owode axis was flooded, took 7hrs
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by mastermaestro(m): 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
TemmyTee82:

Remember what happened when that compulsory retirement for G.O.s issue came up.

Na one person head dem take break coconut.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by blingxx(m): 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
komia:
March 11 2011. I was driving from Saitama to Tokyo when the great earthquake came. 8 hours in total

Saitama grin
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by TemmyTee82(f): 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
[quote author=mastermaestro post=62679110][/quote]

Which one is spiritual powers laughter again? grin
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by Teeboi56: 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lagos-ibadan express way
4hours without move
It was in 2014
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by kaymandak(m): 5:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ibadan/ Lagos...enroute Lagos
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by kaymandak(m): 5:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
Ibadan/ Lagos...enroute Lagos ..3hrs
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by obataokenwa(m): 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
purem:

Werey how many ppl dey da ur abj wey suffering no dey embarassed

All u people using Lagos has ur business state and using Abuja has a home state and now cursing Lagos una go soon cast
Typical Lagos frustrated mans way of passing out information...abusing someone for no just cause. swarve jor
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by MsFaith: 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
obataokenwa:
Was in Lagos last two months... Traffic at Volts and Costain nearly made me suffocate. Right now going to Lagos scares me.

I spent two weeks in Lagos, the stress I experienced within those period; I've never seen such here in Abuja for the past years. I was on traffic for whole five hours just to cross over to Agbara that's not up to twenty minutes drive.

Suffering dey that state.
My brother, no be small suffering. Lagos is synonymous to stress

1 Like

Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by victorDanladi: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
funny enough,90% of testimonies are "LAGOS-IBADAN EXPRESSWAY.

But are their northerners on nairaland at all?
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by limitless234: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
Benin to Lagos at mowe redeem side of the trip, spent almost 10 hours 5pm to 3am the day.
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by purem(m): 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
obataokenwa:
Typical Lagos frustrated mans way of passing out information...abusing someone for no just cause. swarve jor

Oga if I no wan ansa u no mean say ano no wetin to tell u o

U be olodo.....

typical olodo

Lagos is the second state with high population after Kano

Now people come from other states to Lagos for business thereby increasing the population

Yhu shud use ur brain to assert that were there is alots of people there will be road traffic and don't forget that some people from other states do higher cars for transportation business in Lagos....

Have a good 9te
Re: What Is The Longest Time You Have Spent In Traffic And Where? by obataokenwa(m): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
purem:

Oga if I no wan ansa u no mean say ano no wetin to tell u o

U be olodo.....

typical olodo

Lagos is the second state with high population after Kano

Now people come from other states to Lagos for business thereby increasing the population

Yhu shud use ur brain to assert that were there is alots of people there will be road traffic and don't forget that some people from other states do higher cars for transportation business in Lagos....

Have a good 9te
Your way of response shows you're so frustrated with life already...I responded to a topic of how many hours I've spent on traffic and I gave my own experience and you start abusing your people for no just reason...must you be angry with my comment...

I wonder how u reason with people.
.....The End....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ukraine Ticket / Where Is Ondo State Liaison Office In Lagos? / Train Services Resume On Kaduna-Abuja Route With Low Passenger Turnout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.