Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

My Journey To Being A Professional - Art, Graphics & Video (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Journey To Being A Professional (29680 Views)

BIC Art Master Africa (journey to participation) / My Pencil And I: My Journey As A Self:taught Artist. / My Art, My Portfolio, My Journey Into Graphics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by CornOak(m): 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2020
DipoAy:

Mehn, it’s still a shadow of itself. Don’t understand why but I’m just posting more frequently

Have you changed from busines account to a personal account yet?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 11:48am On Apr 03, 2020
CornOak:

Have you changed from busines account to a personal account yet?
Yea. I was on a business account before. I was adamant to switch back because it was more detailed but when things were still the same I just switched. After switching, it’s still the same
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 11:52am On Apr 03, 2020
Finally a new page. I really wanted to just leave the old page and post on a new one. Well, today’s the 3rd of April and movie lovers had patiently been waiting for this day. Yeaaaa, El casa de papel grin. Made this illustration for it. Hope you like it

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by Tobilyn77: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hi Sir dipoay, I got motivated to begin image cartooning after viewing your works. This is my first attempt . please can you provide me advice and useful links so that I can be a pro like you ? Thanks

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 06, 2020
UPWORK PREMIUM SOFTWARES

Atomic Email Hunter:
A premium software use for extracting email addresses on any webpage. Also use for separating valid and invalid email address.. GET IT Now - 5k

Sothink Logo Maker:
A premium logo maker use in making beautiful logo designs within minutes. This can aid your logo designs business... GET IT NOW. - 3k

Video Maker:
A premium software for making cool animation video for your YouTube and Webpages essential for your business success. GET IT NOW. - 6k

RAR PassFab Software:
This software is great for recovering locked or passworded rar files.

Diabolic traffic bot
This software brings artificial system traffic to your website thereby increasing the number of visitors to your site - 3k

Old Gmails available! #1, 500 per 1

US Emails list - 1milliion (10k)

Europe Email list - 1milliion (10k)

Asia Email list - 50, 000 (20k)

Premium Bulk Mailer - (5k)

Clickbank account - (20k)

Acute Email IDS Production engine - 5k

Contact Now! Chat - O8189567951
Call now, let's transact.
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 9:31am On Apr 06, 2020
Tobilyn77:
Hi Sir dipoay, I got motivated to begin image cartooning after viewing your works. This is my first attempt . please can you provide me advice and useful links so that I can be a pro like you ? Thanks
Let’s talk on WhatsApp
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
Latest

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 3:24am On Apr 07, 2020
More faces

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 12:45am On Apr 08, 2020
A personal one

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by bammo: 11:37am On Apr 09, 2020
Hey bro, I really admire your work, it's inspiring.. I just got a personal laptop and I'm looking to learn graphics online just like you did, can you pls suggest some helpful materials and where I can get them, I'll be really grateful if you can help. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
bammo:
Hey bro, I really admire your work, it's inspiring.. I just got a personal laptop and I'm looking to learn graphics online just like you did, can you pls suggest some helpful materials and where I can get them, I'll be really grateful if you can help. Thanks

YouTube is one very good learning place. Look up videos for the software you want to use. The first thing is understanding how software work and understanding the interface. When you know this basics, you’d be able to see other artists finished jobs and try imagine how they were done. Even in this present age, some people don’t know there’s something known as photo manipulation. So learn the basics. Also there is Udemy,cousera and other paid learning sites you can get tutorial videos from. You can also get videos free from there sometimes if you’re lucky. In learning design, I’d advice you stick to videos and don’t do much books. Don’t get me wrong, I’m learning principles and methods and the likes, books are good. (E.g branding,) but in just understanding the interface, try use videos. I hope I’ve been able to help

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by bammo: 10:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
DipoAy:

YouTube is one very good learning place. Look up videos for the software you want to use. The first thing is understanding how software work and understanding the interface. When you know this basics, you’d be able to see other artists finished jobs and try imagine how they were done. Even in this present age, some people don’t know there’s something known as photo manipulation. So learn the basics. Also there is Udemy,cousera and other paid learning sites you can get tutorial videos from. You can also get videos free from there sometimes if you’re lucky. In learning design, I’d advice you stick to videos and don’t do much books. Don’t get me wrong, I’m learning principles and methods and the likes, books are good. (E.g branding,) but in just understanding the interface, try use videos. I hope I’ve been able to help
Thanks a lot man.. this is quite enlightening & I'll definitely try these out. I'm currently learning corel draw. If it's not too much to ask, I'd like you to suggest other softwares that can be helpful too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2020
bammo:

Thanks a lot man.. this is quite enlightening & I'll definitely try these out. I'm currently learning corel draw. If it's not too much to ask, I'd like you to suggest other softwares that can be helpful too. Thanks
Adobe photoshop
Adobe illustrator.
In the world today, there are arguments that photoshop is better than Corel and it’s more productive. Now, I’m not saying Corel isn’t good because I’ve seen works done on Corel that amazed me but it would be good to learn photoshop too. If you can try learn both and also it depends on the niche of graphics design you wish to venture into. Put in your time and the Internet is ready to help you

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by bammo: 8:59am On Apr 15, 2020
DipoAy:

Adobe photoshop
Adobe illustrator.
In the world today, there are arguments that photoshop is better than Corel and it’s more productive. Now, I’m not saying Corel isn’t good because I’ve seen works done on Corel that amazed me but it would be good to learn photoshop too. If you can try learn both and also it depends on the niche of graphics design you wish to venture into. Put in your time and the Internet is ready to help you
Nice, I appreciate... I'm going to try and learn both ..I'll also let you know when I'm making good progress.. Thanks..

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 1:46pm On May 12, 2020
Hi, so it’s been a while now right? Well, the entrepreneurial life isn’t easy for me. Ups and downs. Certainties and uncertainties. My laptop developed an issue I took lightly but has persisted for weeks now. Been checking online for fixes and try out almost all related ones I could stumble upon. For a while now, I’ve been unproductive. Not doing anything serious and eating away...lol. I’m hoping to get back soonest. I have some tasks I’ve some projects I have written down that I want to embark upon but haven’t picked a start date yet. Till my laptop gets well, I’m just going to psychologically build up myself. You know I’m Corp member of the federation right? Batch b2, for those not in the know, I’d be passing out sometime in July/August. And I mustn’t lie the notorious question, WHAT NEXT? has been on my mind. Like no more allawee, no constant income, I think this should be enough motivation for me to sit up with design, or what do you think? During this my Nysc year, I’ve learnt a lot, of which I’m proud and happy about.
Apart from going to my PPA I decided to venture into a field I have a liken for, agriculture. Just catfish hatching and breeding tho, baby steps I suppose. I found someone that was into that in osun here. Asked him some questions about me starting in that line, struck a deal with him and I bought brood stocks (parent fish in simpler terms). My fishes are 5 weeks old now. I think I’d create a different thread for that business as it’s not graphics related.
The problem:
Corona virus. Yes, that simple, corona virus outbreak brought about lockdown and some restrictions. Summary of what I’m saying is no customers to buy the fishes off. So my creating a thread would be to find out-of-state customers that needs juvenile catfishes.

I know it’s not graphics related but I’m just saying what’s in my head rn. The story of my catfish journey is more that the little I just stated but I hope for better. Fingers crossed.

Picture attached is the last work I did before laptop got faulty.
Adios
Daga_crea8

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 2:58pm On May 18, 2020
#Latest

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 4:07am On May 21, 2020
What do you think?

just playing around

Btw, I think I want branding projects, so if you want to brand, or rebrand, HMU

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 2:53pm On May 22, 2020
What’s up with you?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by Kryptonvinyl(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2020
I was thinking of going into this but I dunno if I can mix it with HTML and CSS. I don't have a laptop yet tho
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 9:11pm On May 24, 2020
Kryptonvinyl:
I was thinking of going into this but I dunno if I can mix it with HTML and CSS. I don't have a laptop yet tho

You can actually, both fields are hot and lucrative. Mixing both depends on your determination. But if it’s possible, yes, very possible
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
Update:
Laptop repaired.
I’m done with my service, now in Lagos
All fishes were sold successfully. Thank God.
I’m now unemployed. Haha

#latest

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 2:58pm On Nov 14, 2020
Who has a job for me??

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2020
So, I do illustrations like this. Mobile and web illustrations I think. I need a job

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by theGigolo: 9:35am On Nov 15, 2020
Post this stuff on Twitter bro, this is cool for UI/UX designs

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2020
theGigolo:
Post this stuff on Twitter bro, this is cool for UI/UX designs

Bro, it’s been a long time coming on this my thread. You’ve always supported mostly by giving your opinion and advices. Even after being inconsistent, you’re still here. Thank you very much theGigolo. This is an appreciation post just for you. Thanks.

I don’t have a large following on Twitter and I haven’t really posted anything on there but I think I’d consider it now. It wouldn’t kill to post it there. Thanks
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by theGigolo: 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2020
DipoAy:

Bro, it’s been a long time coming on this my thread. You’ve always supported mostly by giving your opinion and advices. Even after being inconsistent, you’re still here. Thank you very much theGigolo. This is an appreciation post just for you. Thanks.

I don’t have a large following on Twitter and I haven’t really posted anything on there but I think I’d consider it now. It wouldn’t kill to post it there. Thanks

You don't need a large following, you just need people who need you and trust me they will see you.

If you want after you post your work I can retweet and get you the few recognition I can muster.
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 16, 2020
DipoAy:
So, I do illustrations like this. Mobile and web illustrations I think. I need a job
Start selling online. The market is huge..

Look into creating and selling icons, digital illustrations.
You’re doing well bro...
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 11:56am On Nov 16, 2020
theGigolo:

You don't need a large following, you just need people who need you and trust me they will see you.

If you want after you post your work I can retweet and get you the few recognition I can muster.

Alright bro. Thank you very much

What’s your handle??
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2020
fighal:
Start selling online. The market is huge..

Look into creating and selling icons, digital illustrations.
You’re doing well bro...

Thanks for your input sir. Really grateful.

I’m on fiverr but I just recently started that and I think you know how almost impossible it is for a newbie on most freelance sites. There’s always someone else that can do the job. So that’s why my freelance journey is crippled.
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2020
DipoAy:

Thanks for your input sir. Really grateful.

I’m on fiverr but I just recently started that and I think you know how almost impossible it is for a newbie on most freelance sites. There’s always someone else that can do the job. So that’s why my freelance journey is crippled.
I’m not talking about freelancing bro.. I’m talking about selling your creations in a marketplace or creating your own digital store and sell from there
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by DipoAy(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2020
fighal:
I’m not talking about freelancing bro.. I’m talking about selling your creations in a marketplace or creating your own digital store and sell from there

Graphic marketplace like envato?? I have no idea about those places. Do you have any idea please? Like don’t sellers pay before one could start selling??
Re: My Journey To Being A Professional by theGigolo: 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2020
Dude chat me up on WhatsApp let's talk

Zero 8 one 31 nine 2 five five 66

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Great Photos Collected From History. / Checkout The Beauty Of These Artworks By this Corper With Gifted Fingers / Software Used For Animated TV Commercials?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.