Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,594 members, 7,823,580 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? (29843 Views)

Who Can Indicate The Software Used For This ??? / Tv Commercials,post-production,events,movies,music Videos,animations,etc / I Need A Software Used For Creating Digital Year Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by deltree(m): 10:44pm On Jun 30, 2007
Been wondering what software is used for tv animation like the soundcity thingy. Is it flash, 3d max or what? Hola.

2 Likes

Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by wham(m): 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2007
one of them is Adobe Premium Pro: Video Editing SW

I belive u could do something similar with flash
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by gattang202(m): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2007
Hello Whom,
I love your style it is cool. i do little bit of flash but not carton stuff/animation stuff, can you please tell me the name of the software you used for the carton aside the flash, you can text it to my phone 08057223314.thanks one luv.
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by richylaw(m): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2007
here are some high end stuffs capable of doing it.

after effects
Final cut pro
Shake ( though almost being dropped)
houdini
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by richylaw(m): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2007
Guess my previous post addresses more of the editing,
flash is okay
but Toonboom, max and maya with specified plug-in may achieve it as well
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by deltree(m): 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2007
so are you saying that sound city stuff is done with flash? Incredible. I actually feel they use some other complex stuffs but i'l check out the list given above
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by hasheem(m): 11:55pm On Jul 02, 2007
o boy use after effect 7.0 na di place and the secret
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by grafikdon: 1:19am On Jul 03, 2007
There are plenty of applications for Broadcast graphics. If you're trying to figure out the specific tools used in the Sound City promo, I have ni idea, you gotta figure out from the creators. Although there are apps geared towards broadcast graphics, you can easily use software like Lightwave, Cinema 4D, Zarkwerk Invigorator and After Effects for the actual creation. You're going to need apps like Premiere and Audition for audio and editing/final output. The programs are really too numerous to mention, I just gave a small instance. . .
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by sojioguns(m): 11:20am On Jul 03, 2007
I did the montages for 3 programs on sound city (Owambe, Request time and Showtime). For Owambe, I used 3ds max for the woodlike figures, and after effects for final compositing and look development.
What I am trying to say is it depends on what you are trying to create. Check out our company profile at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mWQeaP6cmQ
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by Dynast(m): 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2007
One of the Multimedia software used for such is Pinnacle
Its expensive though very solid holla me if interested
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by sturvs: 9:21am On Jul 04, 2007
theres also another secret toon boom, it does more cartoon-like animation
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by deltree(m): 11:42am On Jul 05, 2007
thanks a lot. I never knew abt all these apps.I'l start checking them out starting with after effects. Am a flash guru but i want to go into sumthin deeper.
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by Macgreat(m): 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2007
Love graphic wish i knew how to design, am into engineerin,do i have to attend classes to be able to design.
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by conceptson: 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2007
hello, i also want to know more about design.
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by PHEESAYOUR(m): 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2007
SojiOguns, just visited yur site, what does it takes to learn that? Holla
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by kenway(m): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2007
Hi Deltree they have said it all. toon boom, MacroMedia Flash, Adobe After effects 6.5 Pro 0r 7, 3dmax, maya cool 3d, corel draw and a host of other softwares i have yet to come across. It is almost impossible to create something spectacular with one software. What is really important is knowing their strengths and limitations E.g. you can get flash and after effects to seriously complement each other because flash has limitations e.g. camera effects, like panning, trucking etc.

Here is a cartoon we did ( at EuphoRya Comics)with flash mx please check it out

[flash=425,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsjM1Vik_r0[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsjM1Vik_r0
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by deltree(m): 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2007
can i get these softwares at computer village?
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by richylaw(m): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2007
deltree:

can i get these softwares at computer village?

some are available at computer village , but not all te time
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by deltree(m): 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2007
ok, today i was able to get my hands on adobe after effects, maya, and 3d max. Does anyone know sites where i can get tutorial resources? I have sum already but the more the better
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by deekseen(m): 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2007
I'm about to graduate as a computer engineer. What i really love is animation, graphics design and manipulation. How and where do i start? Which softwares are okay for a beginner like me?
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by PHEESAYOUR(m): 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2007
nice jobs guys
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by kenway(m): 9:34am On Jul 12, 2007
Hi Deltree try going to google and typing in "free tutorials for , (maya), 3dmax, "
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by kenway(m): 9:39am On Jul 12, 2007
Hi deekseen which exactly are you interested in 3d or 2d? If you are interested in 2d try toonboom or flashor corel r.a.v.e., if you are interested in 3d try maya, 3dmax (there are othesr but these are the most popular. Make sure you get the essence of these softwares (the principle of animating) the software is just a tool you are the true animator.
The Kenway
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by sokislam(m): 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2007
Hi Kenway, can you train me in Animation?, please give me your number, I do like to call you.
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by Artboy(m): 7:36pm On Dec 19, 2007
Has any one actualy used toon boom? I hear its industry standard. If u have please tell me how good (or bad) it is. thanx

also I've never seen smooth animation achieved with flash. most of the ones I've seen are choppy.
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by iparrot(m): 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2007
or try the unreal shader. mostly for lightwave 3d though undecided
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by kenway(m): 9:52am On Jun 02, 2008
For 2d, The industry standard is Moho or Anime Studio. Here is a Job we (EuphoRya!) did with anime studio/ Moho. Please check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Yig7Bx9gw
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by kenway(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2008
Here is a video we did with flash in 2006 for a Mtech and MTN (when they promoting the MTN Loaded). It is the very first aniomation we did. Like i always say the soft ware is never the problem, once you understand the principle of animation u can use anything to animated Computer, hand drawn animation, clay, just about anything. Please check out the video i originally called it Omo naija but it has been plagiarised to Omo funky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqaQNN66Fho
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by smartsoft(m): 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2008
ehen, someone said it depends on what you wanna do, for that kind of software use by soundcity is : AfterAffect, Photoshop, Adobe Premium, most of them don't really use Flash as much as you think oooo
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by wan2b: 1:08am On Mar 08, 2010
Many types of software are used in animated commercials. 3D commercials these days often use Maya. 2D commercials do use Flash sometimes or ToonBoom etc. Along with a whole mess of graphics software, video editing tools and special effects plugins. I work for a company that does Animated TV Commercials and we use all of these as well as Final Cut, of course Photoshop, and lots of plugins. Flash is still a very useful tool!
Re: Software Used For Animated TV Commercials? by marverance: 9:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
Bluff titler is a good one. with it, you can do HD ANIMATIONS go to http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler it is very easy. to use. if you want the crack and key call me 08065724699 or email marverance4peace@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ọkhọkhọ: Cambridge's Jesus College Returns Benin Artefact / Meet A Self Taught Nigerian Artist That Paints With Biro ...PHOTO REALISTIC / Some Really Cool Optical Illusions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.