Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Headies Song Of The Year 2017 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Headies Song Of The Year 2017 (597 Views)

Teni Wins Rookie Of The Year At 2018 Headies Award. / Headies Award 2018 Winners Full List / Davido Wins Song Of The Year & Video Of The Year At AFRIMMA 2017 | Full Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Headies Song Of The Year 2017 by OfficialAwol(m): 11:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hello guys. I'm AWOL. And I want you to join me as we decide which song goes home with song of the Year price.

Preamble

In less than a month or thereabouts, the organisers of Headies will be unveiling nominees for different categories including the song of the Year category. Now, I want us as members of the biggest forum in Africa to have our voice and opinion set out. Now down to business: the nominees are...

1) MAD OVER YOU - Runtown
Today, Nigeria, and Africa at large is grooving to the "pon pon" sound,  all thanks to Mad over you by Runtown. The song was released late last year and made waves into the New Year and continued. with much YouTube views and online streaming to its credit, Mad Over You is unarguably a strong contender for the price.

2) IF/FALL- Davido

What IF Davido FALl into FIA just LIKE DAT? Lol. I wish I didn't need to lump this two great songs together but an artiste can only be represented by one song in the year under review. The song IF by Davido as produced by Tekno is credited to have relaunched the former's fading career then after unsuccessfully testing the waters of international relevance. The follow up FALL is another banger with a killer beat that you simply can't get tired of hearing.  Now with the waves made by these songs, you would agree with me they are the songs to beat.

3) MAMA - Mayorkun
Not of recent memory has an upcoming artiste made a song as huge. Mayorkun's MAMA slowly took the airwaves and have refused to go. The song has become a street anthem all over the country and is really a strong contender. Mayorkun's success proves Davido's gamble right to the shame of record labels looking for already made artiste than the talent.

4) JUICE - Ycee

Am I the only one in love with this beat? Certainly not. TIN magazine regards this song as Ycee's biggest so far and it certainly is.  The song produced by Maleek Berry, who also featured in it, comes with a beat that seems magical. I'm actually waiting to see if I'm ever gonna grow sick of hearing it.

5) ISIKABA - Wande Coal

Yes, you saw it right. This song is a street anthem throughout the country. It's a jam you hear in clubs, parties, etc. There is no arguing the fact that it is really one of the biggest songs of the year.

6) PANA - Tekno
Except we have all forgotten, if not you would all agree with me that Pana came with a hysteria. Song was huge all over Africa. It literally made Tekno. It's the reason Tekno felt insulted being nominated for Next Rated at Headies last year( we all know he was the artiste of the year. But could Headies have been blinded ethnocentrism and sentiments?).

There you have it guys! You didn't see some songs you expected? Yea I suspected that too. You expected "Come closer" by Wizkid, "Wo" by Olamide?  well, while the latter was more popular outside the shores of Nigeria as confirmed by TIN magazine, the latter does not fall into the year under review( except Headies shifts the goal post for Olamide).

Note that our yardstick has been that employed by Headies which reviews songs from Oct to July. But should.

So guys let the voting begin. Which song wins it. And what do you think of the nomination?

Don't fail to contact me for entertainment and political articles. You wouldn't regret you did.

It's AWOL.

lalasticlala ngwa.....

(1) (Reply)

Peruzzi Ft. Davido – For Your Pocket (remix) (audio) / Video: Wizkid – From Lagos To London [documentary] / Timaya - "Ah Blem Blem" (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.