Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know (4976 Views)

The Giant Pythons Of Ihiala In Anambra State / Funny Collective Nouns For Some Animals You May Not Know / Confusing English Words/Phrases You Probably Do Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by plice01: 7:08am On Nov 25, 2017
Everyone is Familiar with what a Python is.

Pythons are one of the largest snakes.

OMG! What am I doing?? talking about snakes?

Snakes scare the living daylight out of me but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t read up and educate you guys.

Anyways moving on, unlike many other snake species, Pythons don’t produce venom – they are non-venomous snakes. They live in the tropical areas of Africa and Asia. They can be found in rainforests, savannas and deserts.
A lot of people keep them as pets but they don’t attack humans, unless they are provoked or stressed.

Below are some interesting Python Facts:

Pythons are constrictors which means they’re not venomous and they kill their prey by squeezing them until they stop breathing.
After they kill an animal, they will swallow it in one piece.
Everything except fur and feathers will be digested. Undigested material can be found in the python’s poop.
Size of the prey determines the time needed for digestion. Bigger prey can keep the snake satiated for weeks or months. Pythons eat 4-5 times per year.
They eat wild animals such as monkeys, antelopes, caimans…
They also attack their prey from the ambush and are well camouflaged and hidden usually in the trees.
Although they are mainly located on the ground or in the trees, pythons are excellent swimmers.
Colors of the python’s skin are usually similar to the colors of its habitat. Snakes blend easily with their environment.
People kill pythons because of their beautiful skin that is used in fashion industry.
They have heat-sensing organs which help them locate the prey.
Female lays 12-36 eggs. She protects eggs and keeps them warm by coiling her body around them. When babies hatch, mother leaves the nest. Young snakes need to look after themselves from the first day.
Pythons are cold-blooded animals, but they can increase their body temperature through sunbathing.
One of the longest known python species is Reticulated Python which can reach 30 feet in length. Most snakes weigh between 260-300 pounds.

For more facts go to https://www.24buzzng.com/animal-fact-file-python/

Source: https://www.24buzzng.com/animal-fact-file-python/

Cc: olawalebabs, Fynestboi, Richiez

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Neutral15(m): 7:15am On Nov 25, 2017
The topic should be interesting fact about lalasticlala you may not know

8 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 25, 2017
Op dont forget the most important for nlanders

They are the surest way of getting FP.
In Kenny blacks WO remixes' voice
"Ma Lou lala kibou"

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Aminu212: 7:31am On Nov 25, 2017
Lalasticlala is not impressed with living snake tongue so no front page.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by ebukahandsome(m): 7:51am On Nov 25, 2017
Me, whenever i see a snake thread

1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 25, 2017
How come you didn't tag the Chief lala angry
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by teewhizzy4real(m): 8:22am On Nov 25, 2017
ebukahandsome:
Me, whenever i see a snake thread
this ur pix is one kind oooo, d boy looks old, is he a dwarf see him face
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by lmm4real: 9:51am On Nov 25, 2017
teewhizzy4real:

me no understand the pic too, that an old boy. undecided
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 25, 2017
These "facts" ain't exactly new.
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by ebukahandsome(m): 10:04am On Nov 25, 2017
teewhizzy4real:
That is someone 's governor
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by illicit(m): 10:05am On Nov 25, 2017
can a python swallow another python?
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 25, 2017
illicit:

Very well
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by illicit(m): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2017
hostine316:

Very well
lobatan!
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by ayanbaba2(m): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2017
we are going there...

courtesy: Lala!

Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by ruggedtimi(m): 10:24am On Nov 25, 2017
i have spotted a python inside a channel in my street back at sch, appeared like a frog at first glance.
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by ruggedtimi(m): 10:25am On Nov 25, 2017
illicit:
yes..check utube
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by kingJoya(m): 10:34am On Nov 25, 2017
Kikiki
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by wittyt98(m): 10:38am On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Khd95(m): 10:38am On Nov 25, 2017
Op do pythons dance angry grin
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by jerryunit48: 10:45am On Nov 25, 2017
Really they don’t attack humans?
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Blackfire(m): 11:12am On Nov 25, 2017
S
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by TemmyT123(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2017
Interesting.
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by vision2050: 11:34am On Nov 25, 2017
You can do better. No front-page for u grin
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Sheun001(m): 11:55am On Nov 25, 2017
lalasticlala
do the needful now undecided
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2017
if lala doesnt knw all these already make plane jam me
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by teewhizzy4real(m): 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
ebukahandsome:

grin
ebukahandsome:

. you make me laugh in Chinese chichuaginqinlinchunchuachinchin

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by teewhizzy4real(m): 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2017
ebukahandsome:

grin
ebukahandsome:

. you make me laugh in Chinese chichuaginqinlinchunchuachinchin. but it is true sha
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by Biggty(m): 2:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
This topic will soon get to front page, they so much love snake(python) thread here
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by illicit(m): 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
ruggedtimi:
yes..check utube
Chineke
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by blacq2009(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
It's about snake. Fp material
Re: Interesting Facts About Pythons You May Not Know by jeff1607(m): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
snake

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About National Open University / Teacher Shocks Students With Jaw-dropping Outfit! / Tiktok Sensation, Jadrolita, Secures N200M Contract With Chinese Robotic Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.