Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Who Is Wrong? Me Or This Girl - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is Wrong? Me Or This Girl (494 Views)

What Is Wrong With Feminism / Am I Being Paranoid, Or Is This Girl Happy About My Downfall? Is She Wrong? / Who Is Wrong Me Or The Girl And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Wrong? Me Or This Girl by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 25, 2017
There was this girl who was the perfect girl in my opinion.

GORGEOUS! Intelligent (went to Harvard to study law), seemed like the perfect daughter, well behaved etc..

She is almost 5 years older than me, so I always admired her from a far.

She was my role model I even had her picture as my screensaver at one point.

I one day plucked up the courage to message her on Facebook, I told her congrats for graduating university and I sent her a friend request.

After a long time of waiting my request was DECLINED and message ignored.

I was confused, so I added her again.

After a long time of waiting my request was again DECLINED.

I was confused, I did not have a profile picture at the time but we had mutual friends, and to be fair she did not really know me we spoke a few times at a party and drove in the same taxi together, and took pictures together- but still if you have mutual friends with someone and they send you a congratulations message surely you will reply or something?

I moved on with my life.

A few years later she got married and her mom wanted me to be one of the people who help at the wedding. She introduced me to her daughter (the girl I am talking about), and her daughter was really friendly and smile-y and wanted to hug me but I did not go in for the hug so it was a bit awkward ... The reason I acted how I did because I was like, why am I going to hug you when you can not even accept my friend request or reply to my message.

Nonetheless, after reflection I was like let me give her the benefit of the doubt and I was friendly etc there after.

The next time I saw her was at her wedding, she seemed so so stuck up. The people (us black girls) she did not acknowledge us at all, whereas all her white friends she was so loving towards. She is also marrying a white man. She also seemed kind off like she did not like me by the glances she gave me.

I later sent her another message a few weeks later saying "hello Mrs [insert new surname here], how are you"

She made her facebook so I could not add her (the add friend button had suddenly gone!) and she replied 'All is well. You?' and I replied 'fine thank you' she did not reply again. Is that not rude, no THANK YOU for taking the day of work to help out at her wedding etc, she sounded so blunt.

I did not message her again after that, nor did I attempt to add her on Facebook.

2 years later, something tragic happened to me and I sent her a message telling her (her mom and my mom are good friends and she (the girl I am talking about) had been through something similar- I just reached out to her that is all! and she saw the message but did not reply.

How can someone hate me so much?

Someone I literally idolised.

Even at one point her mom's phone had me on block on whatsapp, and her family in general are really judgemental and stuck up. I think her brother has a crush on me also.

Their whole family make me feel uncomfortable.

What should I do?
Re: Who Is Wrong? Me Or This Girl by Lomprico2: 9:52am On Nov 25, 2017
U are a stalker! I will do same to someone like you.

Na by force to be pesin friend? angry

1 Like

Re: Who Is Wrong? Me Or This Girl by nifemi25(m): 9:57am On Nov 25, 2017
Honestly it wasn't her fault. You said you didn't upload your pics on your Facebook profile. So do you expect her to add up a ghost as a friend. I will advice you call her one on one and pour out your mind to her.
Re: Who Is Wrong? Me Or This Girl by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 25, 2017
Lomprico2:
U are a stalker! I will do same to someone like you.

Na by force to be pesin friend? angry

But what was so wrong about what I did?

How am I a stalker?
Re: Who Is Wrong? Me Or This Girl by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
She's a witch,

Just find a new friendlier person to befriend @op grin

(1) (Reply)

OTUNBA Gani Adams Installation Speech / I / Dna Tests In Nigeria !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.