Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Unilag studies thread - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag studies thread (106980 Views)

Rasheed Jimoh-Ijaodola, Muslim Professor Bags PhD In Christian Studies / Centre For Corruption Studies, University Of Abuja Billboard (Photo) / Billboard Of Imo State University College Of Agric & Veterinary Studies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag studies thread by deeone001: 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2018
Please I will like to know if I can take an msc in economics, I have a bsc in accounting and an ICAN certification.
Re: Unilag studies thread by olaolu89(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
please i willclike to know if i can take a form for m construction management. i have a 2.2 B.Tech degree in quantity surveying from federal university of technology, minna.
Re: Unilag studies thread by BlueRayDick: 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2018
If u intend going for Msc Risk mgt and insurance, don't bother buying the past questions, I still have the one I bought last year. Send me a Pm and lemme send it to you for free and don't bother going for tutorials.

The entrance is not as hard as its being hyped. Just go tru d past questions and you will be fine.
Re: Unilag studies thread by noshiobec(f): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
Good evening , had my BSC in Elect/ Electronics Engineering, pls I need advice on a master program to go for in Unilag. I am a female( if that info would be necessary)
Re: Unilag studies thread by magthan: 10:30am On Jul 04, 2018
Please I graduated with a First class Economics can i do an Msc in finance , plus I need past questions to this regard and procedures for the online application, because it seems the link on their site isn't pulling through
Re: Unilag studies thread by kalan: 11:07am On Jul 04, 2018
noshiobec:
Good evening , had my BSC in Elect/ Electronics Engineering, pls I need advice on a master program to go for in Unilag. I am a female( if that info would be necessary)

Hi Noshiobec,

Its like saying am going to Abuja to stay please tell me which area I should live... it depends on so many factors.. you have to play a part in the direction of your career. it has nothing to do with being male or female. so call me lets see if I can help you.
Re: Unilag studies thread by kalan: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2018
magthan:
Please I graduated with a First class Economics can i do an Msc in finance , plus I need past questions to this regard and procedures for the online application, because it seems the link on their site isn't pulling through

Hello Magthan,

Yes you are fully eligible. for other info and help you can contact me. check on the first page for my contact details. Thanks
Re: Unilag studies thread by kalan: 11:10am On Jul 04, 2018
olaolu89:
please i willclike to know if i can take a form for m construction management. i have a 2.2 B.Tech degree in quantity surveying from federal university of technology, minna.

Hi Olaolu89,

Sure you are okay with your direction.
Re: Unilag studies thread by kalan: 11:14am On Jul 04, 2018
deeone001:
Please I will like to know if I can take an msc in economics, I have a bsc in accounting and an ICAN certification.

Hello Deeone001,

I am sorry you can't go directly for Msc Econs, but pgd. except u want to go for msc finance
Hope it helps
Re: Unilag studies thread by kalan: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2018
olaolu89:
Please whats the difference between post graduate by coursework and post graduate by professional? Thanks in advance

There are 3 types of masters Degree in Unilag

1. Academic masters e.g M.Sc or MA
2. Masters by research e.g M.Phil
3. Professional masters -e.g MBA

MSC vs Professional:

Here are some differences:

Academic Masters degrees (M.Sc or M.A.)

1. Academic masters programs consist of advanced studies in an academic discipline.

2. They provide an introduction to research and advanced study at the doctoral level.

3. This degree is suitable for people who wish to know more theoretical research concerning their field and work towards a PhD in their area of specialty.

4. MSc/MA is 100% research and academic work.

Professional degrees.

1. professional masters degree are mostly terminal in nature.

2. They teach career-oriented skills and people who earn professional degrees usually move higher the ladder after graduation.

3. it focuses on job skills.

4. If you want to use it for doctorate, you will have to go back and do an M.phil or Msc.

5. They are industry-driven courses like MBA, MPIA, MPH, GIS, MFM, MEM, MIT etc

These will do for now.

Hope it helps
Re: Unilag studies thread by deeone001: 11:31am On Jul 04, 2018
kalan:

Hello Deeone001,

I am sorry you can't go directly for Msc Econs, but pgd. except u want to go for msc finance
Hope it helps

Thank you Kalan,
Can I take a part time in msc finance then and what’s the cost please.
Re: Unilag studies thread by hydee123(m): 11:46am On Jul 04, 2018
For Full Registration Details call Idowu on 08108775025
Re: Unilag studies thread by hydee123(m): 11:47am On Jul 04, 2018
magthan:
Yh

For Full Registration Details call Idowu on 08108775025
Re: Unilag studies thread by olaolu89(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
kalan:

MSC vs Professional:

1. Academic masters programs consist of advanced studies in an academic discipline.

2. They provide an introduction to research and advanced study at the doctoral level.

3. This degree is suitable for people who wish to know more theoretical research concerning their field and work towards a PhD in their area of specialty.

Professional degrees.

2. They teach career-oriented skills and people who earn professional degrees usually move higher the ladder after graduation.

4. If you want to use it for doctorate, you will have to go back and do an M.phil or Msc.

These will do for now.

Hope it helps
grateful sir
Re: Unilag studies thread by osenidvdg(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
kalan:

Hello Deeone001,

Hope it helps

PLEASE CAN ACCOUNTING GRADUATE and ican certified APPLY FOR M.Sc FINANCE NOW ?
Re: Unilag studies thread by Chibexe: 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
Chibexe:
Chat me up to be added to an already existing Watsapp group where you would meet your fellow applicants.

We also help you with your application at no cost.

Totally free of charge.

Chat me up now 07030616510
Re: Unilag studies thread by wasiuom: 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
I have B.Sc Accounting with 2:1. I am interested in M.Sc Finance, Can I apply bross?

Meanwhile, kindly share Msc Finance past questions.. My Email is wasiuom@yahoo.com

Thank you
Re: Unilag studies thread by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
hello Mr kalan. please does unilag use grade for admission purpose into academic masters? i have 3rd class in sociology and i'm torn between doing a pgd, a professional masters or the full time academic masters.
Re: Unilag studies thread by maxyboss212(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
Good day..I am maxwell.. A graduate of banking and finance with some months of banking experience.. I wish to go for part time MSC fianace in unilag.. Please first thing I need to know is if I must keep my transcript at hand before applying or can I apply and provide the transcript at a later date.. Also I need help from a honest fellow here to assist me with the run around for the application cz work wouldn't allow me do that..thanks in anticipation
Re: Unilag studies thread by tamaranancy: 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
kalan:

MSC vs Professional:

Professional degrees.

These will do for now.

Hope it helps
Good evening am Tracy and am interested in the post graduate program but I don't have my original certificate and transcript with me, can I go ahead with the registration then after submit my credentials or is it compulsory to present them first before registration. thanks
Re: Unilag studies thread by Arisheloaded(m): 6:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Hello Dan,

I've Bsc (Ed) in Business Education, which course is best for me among Unilag Masters education courses (preferably, due to cost) or other departments?
Re: Unilag studies thread by Arisheloaded(m): 7:08am On Jul 05, 2018
Hello sir,

I've Bsc (Ed) in Business Education (Accounting Option), which course is best for me among Unilag Masters education courses (preferably, due to cost) or other departments?

And the duration for full time and part time?

Thanks
Re: Unilag studies thread by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 05, 2018
@Blueraydick please i sent to you a pm. i need the past question for risk management and insurance. although i'm applying for post graduate diploma, please can you give more info about the the programme? do you have an idea how long the pgd in risk mgt takes? and how much the school fees? you can contact me on adetomiwabola@gmail.com
Re: Unilag studies thread by SIXTUSANTHONY(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2018
Adequate preparation is the key to success in pursuit of UNILAG Postgraduate Admission. Studying the past questions and amswers is one of the ways to prepare adequately for the entrance exam. This is because University of Lagos (UNILAG) School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS) is known for repeating most of their past questions. Fortunately, we have the past questions and answers for virtually all the courses. We have both soft (PDF) and hard (Printed on Paper) copies. The price for soft copy is N3,000 while the price for hard copy is also N4,000. To get your copy, simply come to our outlet in Faculty of Education, University of Lagos (UNILAG). Please call this number 08133575214 for further direction to our outlet in UNILAG. But if you cannot come to our outlet in UNILAG, then call to find out other options available.

For more details visit http://www.academia.com.ng/unilag-postgraduate-masters-pgd-phd-form-2018-2019-how-to-obtain-and-fill-the-form/
Re: Unilag studies thread by BlueRayDick: 8:09am On Jul 05, 2018
bolarinnwa:
@Blueraydick please i sent to you a pm. i need the past question for risk management and insurance. although i'm applying for post graduate diploma, please can you give more info about the the programme? do you have an idea how long the pgd in risk mgt takes? and how much the school fees? you can contact me on adetomiwabola@gmail.com

Will respond to Ur mail shortly
Re: Unilag studies thread by Chibexe: 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2018
magthan:

Yes you can apply for MSC finance. I confirmed from the pg coordinator of the department.
Re: Unilag studies thread by amodu(m): 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
kalan:

Hello Winflower,

Unilag do not allow Edu courses to do Msc public health, otherwise that would have being the pecfect combo.
for now no way.

changing from one scheduled to another is possible before you start, after you start, its usually not easy to do, but its possible.
But note, you can only change from a smaller fee scheduled to a higher fee scheduled.

ie u can change from N90k to N225k
not vice versa.

Hope its clear.

Since there is no room for Health Educationists to opt for MPH, what are the other available options apart from Health Education

Cc- Kalan
Hydee123
Re: Unilag studies thread by amodu(m): 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
Windflower:

Hello sir,please I would like to ask some questions.
I have a b.sc in health edu,is it possible I go for another course asides health education for M.sc,perhaps Nutrition under public health.
Also,in unilag is it possible to swap from full time to part time or part time to full time

Fellow health educator, having heard of no permission for MPH, what is the way forward?

You know, two heads are better than one.
Re: Unilag studies thread by amodu(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
Ijee5:
Please I'm a current student at unilag studying MSC health education. I'm finding it hard to follow up cos I resumed quite late. I just registered last week. Please can u get me past questions for my department/courses. I'll deeply appreciate it...

Can you please help on the requirements and details on MSc Health Education
Re: Unilag studies thread by adeniyimam(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
Unilag PG Aspirants 2018/2019 WhatsApp group

You can chat me to add u up 08093131847
Re: Unilag studies thread by hydee123(m): 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2018
deeone001:

You can take m.Sc finance but u are not eligible for M.sc in Economics

For registration call 08108775025
Re: Unilag studies thread by hydee123(m): 10:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
tamaranancy:
Good evening am Tracy and am interested in the post graduate program but I don't have my original certificate and transcript with me, can I go ahead with the registration then after submit my credentials or is it compulsory to present them first before registration. thanks

Yes, you can use your statement of results.. For registration and past questions call 08108775025

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

Updated Scholarship Thread / Female US Teacher Had Sex With Boy, 13, In Classroom & Even Moved Into His Home / Bnaira: Former UNILAG's Richest Boy (Then Vs Now Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.