Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Mending Fences (romance) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mending Fences (romance) (76639 Views)

Poem - Mending Hearts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by bimberry1307(f): 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
safarigirl, thanks for the update. please make it more frequent. I love your work.
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by jupitre(m): 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
safarigirl:
yeah, I didn't.
Not posting anymore on that site
Any hope you're going to finish it
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Ibunkun1(m): 10:22pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hmm,loving This.Thanks For The Update
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Dohyn3(f): 1:48am On Dec 28, 2017
Nice!
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by melodydennis(f): 5:57am On Dec 28, 2017
Wow, am short of words ma'am. Thanks for the update
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by ekydel09(f): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
[sub][/sub][sup][/sup]Iloveit ;DIloveit
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by aprilwise(m): 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
Madam please update ur story. thanks
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by frankdaholy: 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
following
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by itsandi(m): 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
Interesting smiley Enjoy new Christmas themed stories, poems, etc in this season of love on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#TushXmasPiece
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2018
Happy new year.... Safarigirl... Pls kindly update dis story.....
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
hope20:
Happy new year....
Safarigirl... Pls kindly update dis story.....
I'm a little busy with a job, hence my inability to update for a while. Once I'm done with the job, I'll update the story

Should be this week though. Sorry for the wait

3 Likes

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
Alrt mama, we'll wait faithfully
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by queenitee(f): 1:00am On Jan 04, 2018
Here
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Hardeybaryor(m): 9:49am On Jan 12, 2018
Safarigirl this wait is becoming another thing o.
Please let's hear from you.

1 Like

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Chommieblaq(f): 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
Safarigirl biko bia update nu

Daalu in anticipation
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Abbey2sam(m): 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2018
Why start a story if you know you're lazy?

Mtceew
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by CRaIziee(f): 6:57am On Jan 20, 2018
Safari... sad Safari sad how many times did u hear ur name...
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by KimBerlyie: 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2018
embarassed
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 6:05pm On Jan 22, 2018
Abbey2sam:
Why start a story if you know you're lazy?

Mtceew
Let me tell youall my problems in 2018. Maybe you can help me out

I am going through depression

I have resumed school

My phone is packing up, I have to buy a new phone

Are you paying me for this story?

Have you ever heard of writers block?

I have been writing stories I am getting paid for, so, I am sorry if I cannot update this at YOUR leisure.

Plus, I did not know where to even go with this story from here, I have stories I have not updated in over a year, you think I wouldn't want to update them?

Please, write your own story and we will see how hardworking you are since writers are not supposed to have lives.

See me coming to apologise for the delay sef.....

Bros, just assist me with any of those problem and I will post as soon as you say I should.

5 Likes

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by kaboninc(m): 6:23pm On Jan 22, 2018
safarigirl:

I have resumed school

I have been writing stories I am getting paid for, so, I am sorry if I cannot update this at YOUR leisure.

Plus, I did not know where to even go with this story from here, I have stories I have not updated in over a year, you think I wouldn't want to update them?

Please, write your own story and we will see how hardworking you are since writers are not supposed to have lives.

Bros, just assist me with any of those problem and I will post as soon as you say I should.

undecided
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
KimBerlyie:
embarassed
my dear, I will try to post something this week.

I've been conflicted on where the next scene should go in the story and I've been busy with others.

Between today and Wedneaday, I will do something definitely
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
kaboninc:

undecided
what?
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by KimBerlyie: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2018
safarigirl:
my dear, I will try to post something this week.

I've been conflicted on where the next scene should go in the story and I've been busy with others.

Between today and Wedneaday, I will do something definitely

Will be expecting it, take your time ok? smiley
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Abbey2sam(m): 12:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
safarigirl:

I have resumed school

I'm sincerely sorry about your ordeals,
I had no ideal you were going through such things
I sincerely apologise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2018
Abbey2sam:

I'm sincerely sorry about your ordeals,
I had no ideal you were going through such things
I sincerely apologise
I'm also sorry for the way I addressed you. I was pouring my frustrations in my words and that was wrong.

Sorry about that smiley

6 Likes

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
I was going to post an update tonight, but I got stuck because I needed translations for the next scene.

My battery is down, but I will update tomorrow once I charge and get the translations I need, thank guys

2 Likes

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by safarigirl(f): 7:56pm On Jan 25, 2018
Update

A plan...

He was not about to fall for this bait….not tonight at least

Mensah busied himself, fiddling with his phone and consciously avoiding any discussion with his sister despite her calculated attempt to pull him into whatever bind she had woven. she was in one of those moods of hers, and for the life of him, he couldn’t tell what had pushed her into this one. Thae last time he saw her in such a pissy mood was when she was jobless.

The last he checked, she still had a job, if she had lost it, she would have been with their mother, reeling out the many things going wrong in her life…..but she was with him, which meant she hadn’t lost her job. He noticed that she hadn’t been as cheerful as she usually was of recent, at first she just seemed bothered by something, but today was different, today she was in a terrible mood and he couldn’t fathom why.

He heard her slam the wardrobe.

Yep, things were going to get nasty anytime soon, he reached for his earpiece casually and began to put the buds in his ears to avoid her inevitable storm…however, he didn’t get to completely block her out.

“Mensah.”

He groaned inwardly, damn it! he needed to make his moves faster before he got caught in the storm, “Yes?” he asked

“I have a problem.”

He rolled his eyes, “Obviously.” He said in a deadpan voice

If she noticed the lack of excitement on his voice, she didn’t show any reaction as she continued to hover over him, “And you didn’t bother to ask why, enua ben ne wo?” (what kind of brother are you)

Mensah raised his brows, “Well, whether I ask or not, you’ll still tell me, won’t you?”

Martha crashed in the bed next to Mensah, “Someone is bothering me at work.”

“Is it your boss?”

“No, not him, someone else….he’s new.”

As soon as Mensah heard that some other man was involved, he dropped his phone aside and sat up, if a ‘’he’ was bothering his sister, then it was something he needed to pay attention to. He knew how these privileged men in the city liked to treat ladies who worked for them. It was a disgusting thing. He had been glad when Martha had returned home months ago to tell them her new patient was a man in a wheel chair, that meant she wasn’t likely to be subjected to any harassment she couldn’t handle. But this new person, he certainly had never heard of and if he was a bother, he probably wasn’t crippled

“Is he a staff?”

She shook her head in the negative, “No, it’s my boss’s son.”

“Your boss has a son?” Mensah asked, he only knew of the man’s daughters, Martha had told him the man had just two daughters and one of them had been the one to hire her

“Yes.”

“How come you never mentioned him?”

“Well, I didn’t know of him until four days ago.” Martha replied, “He acts funny.”

“In what way?”

Martha shrugged, “I don’t know, he’s just…funny.”

Mensah raised a thick brow, know she was the one sounding funny. He studied her body language briefly as she tried to explain how exactly her boss’ son acted ‘funny’, and Mensah couldn’t help but reach a conclusion, “Do you like him?”

“No!” she replied hastily, “No! Tufiakwa, he’s not a likeable person, he’s pompous and conceited, he has such a disgustingly high opinion of himself and he’s unbearable and….”

“You like him.” Mensah finished

“You’re talking rubbish.”

“You’re in denial, come, you think I don’t know when you like somebody? The last time you described a guy like this was when you were in secondary school and the whole world knew back then that you were almost obsessed with Tamuno.”

She scoffed at him, “Tamuno was an idiot.”

“I agree, but you like this boss of yours and whether he is an idiot or not, remains to be seen. What can I do for you?” Mensah asked

He watched his sister battle with her inner pride, the thing Martha was yet to realise about herself was that she was very much easy to read, “He likes to play tricks.” She grumbled

Mensah grinned, “What kind of tricks?” he was liking this guy already, he liked anyone who could get under Martha’s skin. She turned a sharp gaze to him like she expected him to know without her saying, he watched her for almost a minute before it came to him, “Oh, you mean he’s teasing you. I love him already.”

“Don’t be stupid” she shot at him.

“Oh, I’m not.” He replied, “Let me give you a hint, the best way to get at a guy who teases you is to make him jealous, that is, if he likes you of course.”

“And how am I supposed to do that?”

Mensah shrugged, “I don’t know, get some other guy to act as your boyfriend, see how far you can string him.” he responded as he leaned into the bed.

“Where am I supposed to get another guy for that?”

Mensah scoffed, “so, I will teach you to fish, and I will still give you net on top, when no be say you dey pay me”

Martha hit him, “Menny, help me now.” She whined

“Abeg no dey disturb me, me sef get woman problem abeg.”

“Help me out now….I can use you to pose as my boyfriend”

His eyes widened at those words, “Wu di agoro, me, be your boyfriend? He will spot the lie as soon as I walk in.” ( you’re joking)

“He won’t, Mensah abeg now. When last did I ask you for anything?”

“How can you be asking this kind of thing? Na so the guy stupid reach?”

“We can make it believable.” She urged

“Make what believable? Martha, W’adwen y3 adwuma anaa?” (are you alright?)

“Mensah…”

He cringed at her whining, gosh, there was nothing worse than a whining Martha. He glared at her, "I am not kissing you"

"Eeww! Never"

Mensah frowned, hopefully, this guy didn't like Martha that much, because not only was he not going to kiss her, he would downright disclaim her the moment it seemed the guy was set to go violent. He loved his sister, but he wasn't about to get a black eye for nothing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2018
thanks next update probably,by march

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mending Fences (romance) by aprilwise(m): 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2018
I love this story from the start to the point u took break nd now. thanks for the continuation
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by labelle123(f): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2018
thanks for the update
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by Yonce(f): 10:20pm On Jan 25, 2018
Faspen:
thanks next update probably,by march

grin grin
Re: Mending Fences (romance) by kennysam91: 1:19am On Jan 26, 2018
Seriously I love what I'm reading hear 9ic work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny / These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend / Kukere Sisters: Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.