Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses (5099 Views)

Unique Strengths � Of & Characteristics Of Ghana �� & Nigeria �� & How They / Five Weaknesses Of The Igbo People / Top 4 Richest Tribes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by Ngozi123(f): 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
ofai:
HAUSA
Strength - Language spread, population and landmass
Weakness - High Illiteracy rate and religious extremism.

In light of the recent surge of cases of enslaved Nigerians in Libya, I really think that we need to put aside our differences, at least for the time being, and work together to achieve a stable country, in which, Nigerians would actually want to stay in. Our politicians have been taking us for a ride for too long and enough is enough. I greatly despise what Nigeria has become but I cannot sit by and watch my people suffer any longer. These stereotypes only work to divide us and keep us from targeting our real enemies, the Nigerian policy makers and enforcers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by Basic123: 7:15am On Dec 02, 2017
ofai:

Sorry, that trait forever defines and describes the typical Yoruba man.

You are entitled to your opinion.
But you never state any reason?

you are only stereotyping!

give an evidence to show they are cowards! and an evidence to show you Igbo people are brave.

Give an evidence to show Yorubas are hypocrites?....and hoe loyalty is the order of the day in Igboland.

YOU ARE IGBO.YOU ONLY VIEW OTHER TRIBES FROM YOUR IGBOTIC ANGLE.NO WONDER,YOUR TRIBE HAS MORE STRENTH THAN OTHERS.YOU ARE FVCKING TRIBALIST.
Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by ofai: 8:00am On Dec 02, 2017
Basic123:

But you never state any reason?

you are only stereotyping!

give an evidence to show they are cowards! and an evidence to show you Igbo people are brave.

Give an evidence to show Yorubas are hypocrites?....and hoe loyalty is the order of the day in Igboland.

YOU ARE IGBO.YOU ONLY VIEW OTHER TRIBES FROM YOUR IGBOTIC ANGLE.NO WONDER,YOUR TRIBE HAS MORE STRENTH THAN OTHERS.YOU ARE FVCKING TRIBALIST.

But you never asked for any evidence of the strengths of Yoruba that i mentioned. You dwelt only on the weaknesses.

Is that not hypocrisy to start with?

Your opinion is your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by Basic123: 8:16am On Dec 02, 2017
ofai:

But you never asked for any evidence of the strengths of Yoruba that i mentioned. You dwelt only on the weaknesses.

Is that not hypocrisy to start with?

Your opinion is your opinion.

because I know the answer to that.

Now tell me what I dont know.Dont forget to tell me evidence to support those weakness you listed too for Igbo people too?

YOU SEE,STEREOTYPING IS THE FATHER OF TRIBALISM.THIS THREAD IS UNCALLED FOR.WHATEVER WEAKNESS YOU WROTE FOR ANY TRIBE UP THEIR IS ORDINARY STEREOTYPING!.WE HUMAN BEINGS ARE NOT DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER!
Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by ofai: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2017
Basic123:

because I know the answer to that.

Now tell me what I dont know.Dont forget to tell me evidence to support those weakness you listed too for Igbo people too?

YOU SEE,STEREOTYPING IS THE FATHER OF TRIBALISM.THIS THREAD IS UNCALLED FOR.WHATEVER WEAKNESS YOU WROTE FOR ANY TRIBE UP THEIR IS ORDINARY STEREOTYPING!.WE HUMAN BEINGS ARE NOT DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER!

You know the answer to that because it is positive, so you even readily accept even if its not entirely true. SW isn't highly urbanized, Lagos is just an exception... But I in my opinion still placed SW at highly urbanized.

1 Like

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by Basic123: 9:36am On Dec 02, 2017
ofai:

You know the answer to that because it is positive, so you even readily accept even if its not entirely true. SW isn't highly urbanized, Lagos is just an exception... But I in my opinion still placed SW at highly urbanized.
you too just listen to yourself grin

And your all the Igbo strength are entirely true.

You are a fvcking tribalist and hypocrite cool

And about lagos,continue being deluded cool

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by ofai: 9:45am On Dec 02, 2017
Basic123:

you too just listen to yourself grin

And your all the Igbo strength are entirely true.

You are a fvcking tribalist and hypocrite cool

And about lagos,continue being deluded cool

Its unfortunate you don't know what "HIGHLY urbanized" means. That still brings your education to question.

Then to Lagos....it is often projected a slum city by pundits. Infact it was recently assessed as the 2nd most unlivable city on earth. So who is being deluded here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by Basic123: 9:54am On Dec 02, 2017
ofai:

Its unfortunate you don't know what "HIGHLY urbanized" means. That still brings your education to question.

Then to Lagos....it is often projected a slum city by pundits. Infact it was recently assessed as the 2nd most unlivable city on earth. So who is being deluded here?
YOU!

because you just claim SW is not as urbanized as you hypocritically classified it except lagos!

1 Like

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by ofai: 9:55am On Dec 02, 2017
Basic123:

YOU!

because you just claim SW is not as urbanized as you hypocritically classified it except lagos!

Tear yourself apart if you have to. Your opinion is inconsequential.

1 Like

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by Basic123: 9:59am On Dec 02, 2017
ofai:

Tear yourself apart if you have to. Your opinion is inconsequential.

1 Like

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by ofai: 10:00am On Dec 02, 2017
[quote author=Basic123 post=62907298][/quote]

You are very correct. Tell that to the man in the mirror.

1 Like

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by legitnow: 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2017
Ngozi123:

In light of the recent surge of cases of enslaved Nigerians in Libya, I really think that we need to put aside our differences, at least for the time being, and work together to achieve a stable country, in which, Nigerians would actually want to stay in. Our politicians have been taking us for a ride for too long and enough is enough. I greatly despise what Nigeria has become but I cannot sit by and watch my people suffer any longer. These stereotypes only work to divide us and keep us from targeting our real enemies, the Nigerian policy makers and enforcers.

U are mistaking, Nigeria is not workable.

The only peace u have now is becos it is clear to the North that both parties are fielding Northerners

Power is all they care about. They need the power to steal and oppress the other groups that dont conform to their ideology.

This is my honest submission.
Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by afabby: 8:35am On Sep 11, 2019
Diplomacy has its strengths and weaknesses which is why you feel that yoruba are unreliable and cowardly. The reason while Nigeria has not broken apart is because of the yoruba tribe. We can't do what igbo wants us to do and we can't do what the hausa Wants us to do but what we feel is the best for us and the nation at large.
We are like the chief corner stone, silent but powerful. It doesn't matter if you like us or not whatever we do or supports succeed.
It's normal to have your grievances and we all do against other tribes as well.

NB. No tribe is perfect we all have our weaknesses.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by geosegun(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2019
afabby:
Diplomacy has its strengths and weaknesses which is why you feel that yoruba are unreliable and cowardly. The reason while Nigeria has not broken apart is because of the yoruba tribe. We can't do what igbo wants us to do and we can't do what the hausa Wants us to do but what we feel is the best for us and the nation at large.
We are like the chief corner stone, silent but powerful. It doesn't matter if you like us or not whatever we do or supports succeed.
It's normal to have your grievances and we all do against other tribes as well.

NB. No tribe is perfect we all have our weaknesses.
God bless Nigeria.

Excellent narration.

Most people in the country know but wouldn't want to agree openly because of their envy and inferiority complex.
Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 5:19am On Nov 11, 2019
Why do they call yoruba hypocrites and cowards?

Abiola stood his ground, Awolowo was jailed , fela battled against the military regime, Obasanjo was jailed, fela ransom kuti, foremost nationalists are yorubas, the yorubas stood against the fulanis and pushed them back, even when the yoruba civil war was going on, cowards don't fight wars, not even the hausa fulanis were involved in war like the yorubas, not even the whites, but you still label us cowards...

Why do you call us hypocrites, backbiters, zik backbite Awolowo by forming alliance with the northern peoples Congress so he can play the second fiddle to the north, and what did awo do, he stayed in his south west and made the region and his party a formidable one before your officers killed northern elites and unified the country under aguyi destroying the whole regional governments, ojukwu went into exile leaving his deputy a Calabar man to surrender, he went with the promise to procure arms and ammunitions for his people, so who's the coward?

Read oyo history and tell me if a coward can stand against the alaafin, even the white marvels at the level of our government, the yoruba nation has never called for secession, even the north called for it in 1959 igbos in 67, what do you think will happen if the yorubas starts aggravating for one?

You call them hypocrites but you didn't vote for your leader in 1999, yorubas gave more votes to PDP in 2019 than the whole south east put together and you still call us hypocrites... it's senseless and plainly stupid, called Lagos slum, their oba threatened you, you all cried foul that it's no man's land, there's nothing in east that you won't find in yoruba nation, not to talk of olokola free trade zone, agbabu bitumen deposit and large industries in sagamu generating igr, go to ondo south and see oil which you'll never find in the east, yorubas have been dominating since time immemorial, they have history and traditions which you can only dream of, go to yoruba towns and see their obas name his predecesors from the time they settled and about skull mining, the ogoja shrine obj demolished is in osun, oyo, Ekiti, Ondo, lagos or Ogun?

There's no reason to hate on us, sorry if you're still pissed with Awolowo for turning you to savages and wild animals or fajuyi for decapitating your soldiers, sorry for your loss but you have to move on, until yorubas are ready to let you have your freedom, you're going no where

Kanu that couldn't come for his mothers burial, that ran away under the cover of darkness is an hero right?

You just have to stop all this shit, yorubas are the only one that stood against tyranny and dictatorship in this country, or yorubas are the one that made the 1 million man match for abacha?

Until the yorubas want you to secede , you can't be do nothing and if Lagos is a slum, please leave it with your pirated CD buisness and Barrow pushing, go to yorubas roads how you hawk galas and drinks, do you pay taxes for that, how you've littered their main roads with your okrika business, but they can't do that in the easT and you'll still call us ingrates and beat yourself like animal

I hate been tribalistic, but reading your crap about us on nairaland made me one, thank God osewa is not igbo, hell would have let loose tey tey

Even FFk the worst of them all, your pseudo leader is more courageous than any igbo man, what of fayose that drag it with Buhari, Saraki, dino, abeg abeg, know your mate and stop calling yorubas bad names or else you'll see 1967 ²'⁰

Part from kanu that ran away, name any igbo man that has stood against Buhari like ffk, Fayose, your gra gra that made you loose the war is coming back to hurt and haunt you down, learn how to plan and organize like yorubas, bola ige is an igbo man?

We are called OMOLUABI for a reason, I started having resentment towards you, the day an igbo guy (first born) beat up his father like better beating, his name is UCHE CHUKWU, and an igbo man used his wife for ritual, this happened in every tribe but because some bloggers are able to source for news more in yoruba cities doesn't exclude you from the rituals unless you count sacrifice as money ritual

Yorubas are liberal, why you'll see a Muslim father and a Christian mother live happily for years together, well to you Kaduna was no mans land before the real owners maimed and chased you away, well calm your nerves, we won't do that but if you persist, all of you will be thrown in the lagoon
Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 5:44am On Nov 11, 2019

Abiola stood his ground, Awolowo was jailed , fela battled against the military regime, Obasanjo was jailed, fela ransom kuti, foremost nationalists were yorubas, the yorubas stood against the fulanis and pushed them back, even when the yoruba civil war was going on, cowards don't fight wars, not even the hausa fulanis were involved in war like the yorubas, not even the whites, but you still label us cowards...

Why do you call us hypocrites, backbiters, zik backbite Awolowo, by forming alliance with the northern peoples Congress, so he can play the second fiddle to the north, and what did Awo do, he stayed in his south west and made the region and his party a formidable one, before your officers killed northern elites, and unified the country under aguyi destroying the whole regional governments, ojukwu went into exile, leaving his deputy a Calabar man to surrender, he went with the promise to procure arms and ammunitions for his people, so who's the coward?

Read oyo history, and tell me if a coward can stand against the alaafin, even the white marvels at the level of our government, the yoruba nation has never called for secession, even the north called for it in 1959 igbos in 67, what do you think will happen if the yorubas starts aggravating for one?

Calling Ibadan brown roof cities shows how great it was and it's still till date, or you think a white man will write a poem for her just like that, ibadan has 16 local governments, that's a fact and she didn't come bout that because she's big, she has the population and industry even if she's an interland yoruba city

You call them hypocrites but you didn't vote for your leader in 1999, yorubas gave more votes to PDP in 2019, than the whole south east put together and you still call us hypocrites, what do you want us to do, emigrate to your erosion laden towns, No! we don't do that here, we have our cities to protect and defend... it's senseless and plainly stupid to call Lagos a slum, their oba threatened you, you all cried foul that she's no man's land, go to idanre (not so popular) but she has centuries old crown and regalia in her palace and see history you won't find anywhere in the east, Noah's boat, the footprint that fits all feet except you're a witch, there's nothing in east that you won't find in yoruba towns. Except ekiti there's no state in yoruba land without more than 5 cities, (not market)not to talk of olokola free trade zone, agbabu bitumen deposit and large industries in sagamu generating igr, go to ondo south and see oil which you'll never find in the east.

Yorubas have been dominating since time immemorial, they have history and traditions which you can only dream of. Go to yoruba towns and see their obas name their predecesors from the time they settled, and about skull mining, the okija shrine obj demolished is in osun, oyo, Ekiti, Ondo, lagos or Ogun?

There's no reason to hate on us, sorry if you're still pissed with Awolowo, for turning you to savages and wild animals or fajuyi for decapitating your soldiers, sorry for your loss but you have to move on, until yorubas are ready to let you have your freedom, you're going no where

Kanu that couldn't come for his mothers burial, that ran away under the cover of darkness is an hero right?

You just have to stop all this shit, yorubas were the only one that stood against tyranny and dictatorship in this country, or yorubas are the one that made the 1 million man match for abacha?

Until the yorubas want you to secede , you can't be do nothing and if Lagos is a slum, please leave it with your pirated CD buisness and Barrow pushing, go to yorubas roads how you hawk galas and drinks, do you pay taxes for that, how you've littered their main roads with your okrika business, but they can't do that in the easT and you'll still call us ingrates and beat your chest like animal

I hate been tribalistic, but reading your crap about us on nairaland made me one, thank God osewa is not igbo, hell would have let loose tey tey.

Even FFk the worst of them all, your pseudo leader is more courageous than any igbo man, what of fayose that drag it with Buhari, Saraki, dino, abeg abeg, know your mate and stop calling yorubas bad names or else you'll see 1967 ²'⁰

Apart from kanu that ran away, name any igbo man that has stood against Buhari like ffk, Fayose, your gra gra that made you loose the war is coming back to hurt and haunt you down, learn how to plan and organize like yorubas, bola ige is an igbo man?

We are called OMOLUABI for a reason, I started having resentment towards you, the day an igbo guy (first born) beat up his father like better beating, his name is UCHE CHUKWU, and an igbo man (BABA OYINBO) used his wife for ritual, this happened in every tribe but because some bloggers are able to source for news more in yoruba cities doesn't exclude you from the rituals unless you count sacrifices made to yoruba gods as money ritual

Yorubas are liberal, why you'll see a Muslim father and a Christian mother live happily for years together, well to you Kaduna was no mans land before the real owners maimed and chased you away, well calm your nerves, we won't do that but if you persist, all of you will be thrown in the lagoon
Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by AmuDimpka: 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2019
PenlsCaP:

SMH.. i dnt know why u people ar.like this.?
U only saw the bad he wrote about yorubas.
But u dint see the good side he wrote and the bad side he also wrote about other tribes too.

Why are u yorubas so biased like this? undecided
And again u asked "are Igbos realiable"?

Of all the tribes he wrote down u only haf to pick out ipob.
Why are u guys so obsessed with Igbos.?
Pls i need an answer.

Igbo are their gods
Re: Some Popular Tribes - Their Major Strengths And Weaknesses by AmuDimpka: 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2019
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

Abiola stood his ground, Awolowo was jailed , fela battled against the military regime, Obasanjo was jailed, fela ransom kuti, foremost nationalists were yorubas, the yorubas stood against the fulanis and pushed them back, even when the yoruba civil war was going on, cowards don't fight wars, not even the hausa fulanis were involved in war like the yorubas, not even the whites, but you still label us cowards...

Why do you call us hypocrites, backbiters, zik backbite Awolowo, by forming alliance with the northern peoples Congress, so he can play the second fiddle to the north, and what did Awo do, he stayed in his south west and made the region and his party a formidable one, before your officers killed northern elites, and unified the country under aguyi destroying the whole regional governments, ojukwu went into exile, leaving his deputy a Calabar man to surrender, he went with the promise to procure arms and ammunitions for his people, so who's the coward?

Read oyo history, and tell me if a coward can stand against the alaafin, even the white marvels at the level of our government, the yoruba nation has never called for secession, even the north called for it in 1959 igbos in 67, what do you think will happen if the yorubas starts aggravating for one?

Calling Ibadan brown roof cities shows how great it was and it's still till date, or you think a white man will write a poem for her just like that, ibadan has 16 local governments, that's a fact and she didn't come bout that because she's big, she has the population and industry even if she's an interland yoruba city

You call them hypocrites but you didn't vote for your leader in 1999, yorubas gave more votes to PDP in 2019, than the whole south east put together and you still call us hypocrites, what do you want us to do, emigrate to your erosion laden towns, No! we don't do that here, we have our cities to protect and defend... it's senseless and plainly stupid to call Lagos a slum, their oba threatened you, you all cried foul that she's no man's land, go to idanre (not so popular) but she has centuries old crown and regalia in her palace and see history you won't find anywhere in the east, Noah's boat, the footprint that fits all feet except you're a witch, there's nothing in east that you won't find in yoruba towns. Except ekiti there's no state in yoruba land without more than 5 cities, (not market)not to talk of olokola free trade zone, agbabu bitumen deposit and large industries in sagamu generating igr, go to ondo south and see oil which you'll never find in the east.

Yorubas have been dominating since time immemorial, they have history and traditions which you can only dream of. Go to yoruba towns and see their obas name their predecesors from the time they settled, and about skull mining, the okija shrine obj demolished is in osun, oyo, Ekiti, Ondo, lagos or Ogun?

There's no reason to hate on us, sorry if you're still pissed with Awolowo, for turning you to savages and wild animals or fajuyi for decapitating your soldiers, sorry for your loss but you have to move on, until yorubas are ready to let you have your freedom, you're going no where

You just have to stop all this shit, yorubas were the only one that stood against tyranny and dictatorship in this country, or yorubas are the one that made the 1 million man match for abacha?

Until the yorubas want you to secede , you can't be do nothing and if Lagos is a slum, please leave it with your pirated CD buisness and Barrow pushing, go to yorubas roads how you hawk galas and drinks, do you pay taxes for that, how you've littered their main roads with your okrika business, but they can't do that in the easT and you'll still call us ingrates and beat your chest like animal

I hate been tribalistic, but reading your crap about us on nairaland made me one, thank God osewa is not igbo, hell would have let loose tey tey.

Apart from kanu that ran away, name any igbo man that has stood against Buhari like ffk, Fayose, your gra gra that made you loose the war is coming back to hurt and haunt you down, learn how to plan and organize like yorubas, bola ige is an igbo man?

We are called OMOLUABI for a reason, I started having resentment towards you, the day an igbo guy (first born) beat up his father like better beating, his name is UCHE CHUKWU, and an igbo man (BABA OYINBO) used his wife for ritual, this happened in every tribe but because some bloggers are able to source for news more in yoruba cities doesn't exclude you from the rituals unless you count sacrifices made to yoruba gods as money ritual

Shhhhhhh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dreadlocks: What's The Whole 9 Yards About It? / Igbo Slaves in Trinidad: Slave Census Of 1813 / 16 Ways Of Saying "Hello" Correctly In Different Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.