Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Haskell Or Generally Functionnal Programming Is The Future For Me - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Haskell Or Generally Functionnal Programming Is The Future For Me (1003 Views)

Programming Is just Like Playing Football / Programming Is Not Fun And To Make It Fun / Looks Like Programming Is Not My Way... Advise Me Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haskell Or Generally Functionnal Programming Is The Future For Me by hermannovich: 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2017
I'm programming since a couple of year I have done almost every style of programming grin

This year I have heard about reactive programming and when trying to understand that I was inside functionnal programming, and I like to understand things using the hard way, so I have decided get my head inside haskell.

What I have seen is, this language is at first difficult to get into when you come from OOP or Procedural programming

But after learning core idioms you understand that it is perfect for concurrent and parallel programming due to its relationship with mathematics and some properties that can help us make assumptions about the result of concurrent and parallel programming

As Concurrent and parallel programming will be the next step for programmer with all datas we have to handle, do you think that this language or this type of language will be the future ?
Re: Haskell Or Generally Functionnal Programming Is The Future For Me by melodyogonna(m): 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
what's all this noise about haskell recently how is it better than languages that are both functional, procedural and object oriented at thesame time like python and c++?
Re: Haskell Or Generally Functionnal Programming Is The Future For Me by hermannovich: 10:12am On Nov 28, 2017
I do not say that it is better than other languages, but in terms of concurrent and parallel programming I think with monad, applicative it much easy with haskell.

Also to handle an infinite list it is more easy with Haskell, I do not really understand python deeply but I think Haskell is better.

According infinite list and concurrent and parallel programming today with big data it is almost clear that functionnal programming will be more and more important in the future.
Re: Haskell Or Generally Functionnal Programming Is The Future For Me by 4kings: 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hmm.

(1) (Reply)

Java Programming Language Methods And Object Need Explanation / Reasons Why Big Data Is Changing The World / QServers.net is About To Scam Me, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.