Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? (1449 Views)

How Best Do I Answer A Query? (Photo) / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work / How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by charles009(m): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
122 unusually talented individuals began a very rigorous process to occupy just three top management seats in a top Firm. I was lucky to be on of them. God be praised, I exclaimed!!

I was invited by the Chairman to come for my offer letter after a rigorous training exercise cum strategy session. session ended around 9pm, I was shocked that no pre-arrangement was made whatsoever for us,(hotel, feeeding, liquor and puna grin) some of us were on the road for over 5 hours. (thats the supposed top management team).On the spot i decided, this coy definitely not worth the stress.

when I left, i swore never to go back there again. I have a very good job, salary is paid promptly and of course in heavy 6 digits grin. tons of benefits. My current prospective employer are bragging that they can do better, but that singular act made me loose all the energy i once had. i cannot come and loose a beautiful bird at hand cos of greed. i have received several calls from the chairman, which i refused to pick.

Nairalanders, was my decision hasty? how best can i end the relationship knowing that there may be a tomorrow? please advise.
Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by dahmie2013: 3:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
I wish I had ur problem.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by Florblu(f): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
Tell them you are suffering from memory loss.
Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by delishpot: 4:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
So you expect them to get you whores also? Are you a pump or are you working for those human trafficking agencies?

charles009:
122 unusually talented individuals began a very rigorous process to occupy just three top management seats in a top Firm. I was lucky to be on of them. God be praised, I exclaimed!!

I was invited by the Chairman to come for my offer letter after a rigorous training exercise cum strategy session. session ended around 9pm, I was shocked that no pre-arrangement was made whatsoever for us,(hotel, feeeding, liquor and puna grin) some of us were on the road for over 5 hours. (thats the supposed top management team).On the spot i decided, this coy definitely not worth the stress.

when I left, i swore never to go back there again. I have a very good job, salary is paid promptly and of course in heavy 6 digits grin. tons of benefits. My current prospective employer are bragging that they can do better, but that singular act made me loose all the energy i once had. i cannot come and loose a beautiful bird at hand cos of greed. i have received several calls from the chairman, which i refused to pick.

Nairalanders, was my decision hasty? how best can i end the relationship knowing that there may be a tomorrow? please advise.

1 Like

Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by Kwenty: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2017
You would have at least picked the chairman's call and let him know how disappointed you were and your fears. Since you already have a good job, I feel you should ignore this company because it seems they don't have good staff welfare judging by how they treated you people.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by ifex370(m): 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
Pick the chairman's calls..all let him go over the benefits of working for him one more time...

Sleep n pray over it..

Wake up and make up your mind..knowing fully well you're gonna reap the full consequences of deciding or not deciding
Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
Please connect me to him...i beg you in God's name...i don't have any and you have one at hand...pls. I'm losing hope in this life already. God bless you
Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by RealMillennial(m): 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
dahmie2013:
I wish I had ur problem.
Exactly!
Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by RealMillennial(m): 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
dahmie2013:
I wish I had ur problem.
Exactly!
dahmie2013:
I wish I had ur problem.
Exactly!
Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by Emmatik(m): 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
Oga six digits and big boy...It is 'lose' and not "loose"...Back to the matter, it's proper you pick the chairman's call and make your point of view known...And lastly, you demand an explanation why p&#%y wasn't arranged..

charles009:

Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by Gemc3(f): 11:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
Be the change champion. They probably do not know any better. Pick his calls, even if you are not joining them. They'll learn from it.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by charles009(m): 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2017
Emmatik:
Oga six digits and big boy...It is 'lose' and not "loose"...Back to the matter, it's proper you pick the chairman's call and make your point of view known...And lastly, you demand an explanation why p&#%y wasn't arranged..

My Oga thank you for the correction.

Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
I think they have a bad HR system. Who offered you your contract? Do your research and understand the HR of the firm. It might not be the top management's fault. Those responsibilities are those of the HR. The company might not be properly structured too. If it's the HR, when you get there make sure you effect a change.
Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
RealMillennial:

Exactly!
we should be careful what we wish for angry

1 Like

Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
delishpot:
So you expect them to get you whores also? Are you a pump or are you working for those human trafficking agencies?

on code naaaa grin.
Re: Why I Snubbed My Prospective Employer, How Best Can I Handle The Situation? by delishpot: 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2017
majekdom2:
on code naaaa grin.

Taaa! Rotten son of a good father grin grin.

Tell the manager that someone else offered a better package and a more challenging work environment. Thank him for the opportunity.

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Internship Recruitment At United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) / Entry Level Vacancy At School Kits Limited / Rainoil Limited Job Recruitment (12 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.