Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work (26840 Views)

I Have Decided To Accept The New Changes In My Place Of Work. / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job / How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by JideFine: 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
Greetings,

My people,I am in a state of Dilemma...

I work as a waiting staff in a Cafe and Lounge.. Something happened on 2nd of this month (september),2022.

The Real story

Some ladies came to the lounge on 2nd Day of this month (2-09-2022) and ordered for a champagne (J.C.Le Roux) and water...We sell the champagne (30,000) while the water is (500).

My oga ordered for some food through me and he later fixed his own bill before the ladies.

N/B : The ladies were on their own separate table...I didn't see them interact with my oga in any way.

So,when my oga was about to go home,he called one of my colleague and told him that I should not collect the champagne money from the ladies,that I should just collect money for the water they took....So,I did as instructed...I collected just #500 from them.

So,I rushed to him to verify if he will be the one to fix the bill,he told me "Yes" that he will fix it.

The next day was my off day,so I didn't go to work....so,two days after....after the sales for the day as he was about to enter his car (we only give him his bills whenever he is about to go home in the night)....I rushed to give him the bill together with the one he accumulated for the day,he asked why the J.C.Le Roux docket is included in the bill.....I explained everything to him and he started yelling at me that I should have collected money from those ladies that night they took the champagne.

I had to call that my colleague that was present when he told me that he will fix those ladies bill,so he came and explained things to him.....He said "Okay" but he will not fix it from his purse that I have to fix it by myself that it will teach me a lesson next time....I was speechless as so many things ran through my mind.....Why exactly will I have to fix a bill that I didn't utilize myself.

I didn't say a word that night,I later sent him a mail explaining how everything happened and the receipt of the J.C.Le Roux which have the date and time the order was placed through my account....

He replied the Mail 3 days after and the mail reads (Well received)

I waited for him to clear up the bill but the sign was not there,I walked up to him and told him about it again and he said he will look into it....fast forward to 23rd of this month,I sent him another mail and he replied "Got it"

Till date he is yet to fix the bill and it's still pending on my account as an (outstanding).

I am really confused

My people,I need una advise....I really don't know what to do again.

It's the end of the month and my salary is at stake here.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Sammy07: 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ftc
I'm here to read comments

Mynd44, nlfpmod
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by xtivin(m): 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2022
This one is hard o, next time make him sign on the docket simple. He may have been drunk but when the shayo clear you have a good legit evidence. God help you!

212 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by gaby(m): 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2022
JideFine:
Greetings,

I work as a waiting staff in a Cafe and Lounge.. Something happened on 2nd of this month (september),2022.

The Real story

Some ladies came to the lounge on 2nd Day of this month (2-09-2022) and ordered for a champagne (J.C.Le Roux) and water...We sell the champagne (30,000) while the water is (500).

My oga ordered for some food through me and he later fixed his own bill before the ladies.

N/B : The ladies were on their own separate table...I didn't see them interact with my oga in any way.

So,when my oga was about to go home,he called one of my colleague and told him that I should not collect the champagne money from the ladies,that I should just collect money for the water they took....So,I did as instructed...I collected just #500 from them.

So,I rushed to him to verify if he will be the one to fix the bill,he told me "Yes" that he will fix it.

The next day was my off day,so I didn't go to work....so,two days after....after the sales for the day as he was about to enter his car (we only give him his bills whenever he is about to go home in the night)....I rushed to give him the bill together with the one he accumulated for the day,he asked why the J.C.Le Roux docket is included in the bill.....I explained everything to him and he started yelling at me that I should have collected money from those ladies that night they took the champagne.

I had to call that my colleague that was present when he told me that he will fix those ladies bill,so he came and explained things to him.....He said "Okay" but he will not fix it from his purse that I have to fix it by myself that it will teach me a lesson next time....I was speechless as so many things ran through my mind.....Why exactly will I have to fix a bill that I didn't utilize myself.

I didn't say a word that night,I later sent him a mail explaining how everything happened and the receipt of the J.C.Le Roux which have the date and time the order was placed through my account....

I waited for him to clear up the bill but the sign was not there,I walked up to him and told him about it again and he said he will look into it....fast forward to 23rd of this month,I sent him another mail and he replied "Got it"

Till date he is yet to fix the bill and it's still pending on my account as an (outstanding).

I am really confused

Your oga is obviously a very SIMple, wicked, and a cunning man.

He probably was hoping to score one from one of the babes but I'm sure it didn't turn out to be and he decided to dump it all at your stead.

Not a very good man.

368 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by HarlequinLekex: 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2022
Nigerian employers and their wahala.

Just become a boss of ur own ASAP.

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Abilistic(m): 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
He must have been very drunk that very night or just trying to be unnecessarily WICKED.

Thank God he passed the instruction thru your colleague and you also confirmed it.

Whatever happens stood your ground.

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by strangest(m): 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2022
Sorry but you don't really have a job... You need to look for one... If they finally remove the 30k from your salary just let me know so I ll send curses to your boss's...

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Nigeriaiscasted: 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2022
Please I need a job in ijegun. I am good and very good in SEO and media. I have a youtube channel. Pls help me I don’t have money to even do any CV or transport that’s why I want within ijegun so I can trek to and fro I don’t mind. Something to keep me busy. I am a graduate of international relations and schooled in contonu. I love teaching and got retained after my NYSC 2016 for a year extra by my boss. I can teach literature and government EFFECTIVELY

Pls pls someone help me before my village people carry me where I no know oo.. Pls the pay isn’t important as long as I get paid without stories and it’s equivalent to my work and input. Please help me pls anyone.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2022
Dat ur how is foolish..he use drink eyes to ask u he will fix the Bill trying to impress the ladies over nothing...
Still insist he foot the bills and keep those mails u sent to him n he ones received.

12 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Mercury12(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2022
Your Oga made fool of himself. He is even too ashamed to be a man and own up to his foolish SIMPle mistake.
In fact nah you suppose employ am and be him oga cheesy
He isn't man enough. cheesy
I despise emotionally weak men

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by deardevil(m): 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2022
I really understand your situation cus I one's worked as a lounge supervisor........ your mistake is you should have allow him to sign on your docket as a proof cus verbally is not enough.... the thing is he knows and his just trying to let you know how things are

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Threesha(f): 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2022
JideFine:
Greetings,

The Real story

I am really confused

Next time insist he sign off you docket or the hill or sending a mail replying that he would clear it or a combination of both

LESSON: Oral communication/agreement hold no water even in the law court. Meaning always have a written agreement documented even if it's your father or brother, it MUST be written, dated and signed off.

You have to be sharp, na Lounge you dey work

Anyway
Tolet a mini flat
Outright payment: 300k (total package)
Subsequent payment; 200k (yearly)

Ps: it’s first come basis.
It’s a very spaced a parlor & bedroom apartment. Leased one last week to a NL here (Kingsley )

I'm leasing out the last one ☝️ (en-suite)
Call 08 one 5 one 34 six 5 seven 9

15 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Threesha(f): 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2022
I have to old you several times, go around and drop you CV in schools in Ijegun
Nigeriaiscasted:
Please I need a job in ijegun. I am good and very good in SEO and media. I have a youtube channel. Pls help me I don’t have money to even do any CV or transport that’s why I want within ijegun so I can trek to and fro I don’t mind. Something to keep me busy. I am a graduate of international relations and schooled in contonu. I love teaching and got retained after my NYSC 2016 for a year extra by my boss. I can teach literature and government EFFECTIVELY

Pls pls someone help me before my village people carry me where I no know oo.. Pls the pay isn’t important as long as I get paid without stories and it’s equivalent to my work and input. Please help me pls anyone.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by SouthSouth1914: 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2022
xtivin:
This one is hard o, next time make him sign on the docket simple. He may have been drunk but when the shayo clear you have a good legit evidence. God help you!

The girls later nor give am pvssy as expected. Na this guy be scape goat. Such is life.., very fragile and strong at any time!

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Kiddogarcia(m): 8:07pm On Sep 28, 2022
This one hard ooo, let wait till month end first.
Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by IsellSmartTvs: 8:35pm On Sep 28, 2022
Part of the fraud that goes on in workplace.
U are abt to learn life occurrences the hard way.
You can only wait out the storm and see the aftermath.If he doesn’t turn up,bro u settling the bills(I bliv u knw this already).
He is getting those girls laid at ur own expense

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by RepoMan007: 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2022
You took his words like that and now you are stuck with your word versus his scenario.
Learn and move on.
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Hushbingo: 1:57am On Sep 29, 2022
Hmmm
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Eagle07(m): 4:30am On Sep 29, 2022
Nigerian employers with their unnecessary wicked attitudes.

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Nobody: 4:34am On Sep 29, 2022
You are a mumu Man..no evidence. Next time.. record the agreement.. be smart

The world is getting smarter bro
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by nicedayontop: 5:14am On Sep 29, 2022
This is just outright foolishness and wickedness. Buying a 30k drink just to get a Bleep from olosho at d expense of a poor employee.

25 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Spy360(m): 5:33am On Sep 29, 2022
Don't blame yourself. You took a verbal instruction from your boss through a colleague who stands as both the source and witness. Verbal instruction is binding in a work place as long as there are witnesses.

You have options

1. Since you have sent mails, wait till month end to see his reaction.

2. If he doesn't pay, keep reminding him at least for 30days.

3. If he refuses, you have the option to bear the cost and move on or

4. Quit the job or

5. Walk to a lawyer and sue his ass and claim damages. Tell the lawyer you fell ill and couldn't pay for medicines which could have cost your life.

I wish you well

28 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by bobbybrown007: 6:29am On Sep 29, 2022
This is a very simple case to settle, next time you collect your money from their hand, I'd your oga says that he will settle the bill then you tell them to go and meet him to collect the money or you write down what they bought and you give it to him for signing.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Baronthecelebri: 7:32am On Sep 29, 2022
If he refuse to pay,Sue him since you have a witness

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Robisky001(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2022
The babes probably nor give kpekus to knack nah that one reset his senses to default mood.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Trojan8(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2022
Hopeba:
You are a mumu Man..no evidence. Next time.. record the agreement.. be smart

The world is getting smarter bro

People like you with ITK attitude. So if your boss wants to give you an oral instruction, you go remove phone start to dey record am?

The boss no try at all. If every statement he makes start receiving the kind of scrutiny that was required here, probably won't stay long on that job. What's the essence of working where you would be second-guessing any instruction from your boss?

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Threesha(f): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2022
Tolet a mini flat
Outright payment: 300k (total package)
Subsequent payment; 200k (yearly)

Ps: it’s a first come basis.
It’s a very spaced a parlor & bedroom apartment. Leased one last week to a NL here (Kingsley )

I'm leasing out the last one ☝️ (en-suite)
Call 08 one 5 one 34 six 5 seven 9
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Nigeriaiscasted: 9:20am On Sep 29, 2022
Threesha:
I have to old you several times, go around and drop you CV in schools in Ijegun

Where money to even do CV sef
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Blizzy300: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2022
TF man undecided
Nothing to worry about here.
Just sit down, relax and watch the magic

1 Like

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by musiliyukayode(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2022
Some business owners are like that.
Next time remember to follow the ethics and rules of your working place. As a member of staff of any organization, you are there to manage the finances but not the work. When you improve the financial position of the place that is when you are recognized and get a raise.
Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Rexymania(m): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2022
If this story is true, that your boss na bastard... He has bipolar disorder and na people like am Dem dey machete and janet

JideFine:
Greetings,

The Real story

I am really confused

Re: How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work by Starboytwo(m): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2022
I can relate.

Don’t say anything. You know as he Dey go na. Just scam them back x3 of your deducted salary.

Nothing as irritating as being deducted from your salary another mans bill.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Career Websites Of Recruiting Agencies In Nigeria / I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? / Nigerian Govt Commences Fresh N-power Category, Reveals Procedures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.