Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried (4590 Views)

My Wife Is Getting Me Angry / Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Serene0: 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
My husband and I, have been married for the past 4 years and everything has been "alright" until 6 months ago. My husband suddenly developed this fear for me just like that. If i lay my head on his chest, i could hear his heart racing in fear. He wakes up first & sleeps last. Always avoiding me.

It has been 6 months, he keeps himself in the guest room. He only comes out if i am not roaming the house. But if i am moving, he would stay in the guest room. I considered taking him for a mental checkup as i fear he is unstable and my own life is in danger. Many times he has held a knife against me trying to "defend himself from me". His business has been dwindling because he does not go to the office often. Always hiding at a corner in the guest room. Scared and alone. I had to double my work to get more money to maintain our home as he has not been working.

As much as he was quite the difficult type before, i still loved him that way not what he is now. Now he seeks my permission before he can have a guest. He stays indoors always. Sometimes he walks up to me begging me to tell him his offence. It scares me as i am feeling guilty like i have done something when i have done nothing. He was dominant, rough and confident but not anymore.. He is scared now and timid. If i serve his food, i would eat from it to prove there is no poison before he eats.

I never had a problem with him going to church as a Christian that he is, but recently, he no longer goes to church regularly, he would stay at a corner praying to God to protect him from the "devil in his house"! I offered to take him to church Yesterday and stay there with him even though i am not christian or religious in anyway but to give him peace. He refused and stayed in the guest room. Saying satan should get behind him like i am satan or something. I called his family today and i await their arrival this week.

My friend advised i give him some space so i am considering travelling to give him space. Is it a good idea? Or should I stay? I am so confused
Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by daewoorazer(m): 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2017

First of: I want to guess this is not in naija

Back to d matter, I suspect hallucinations. You don't have to run from him. Now is when he needs you d most. Take him to a shrink to further discuss solutions.

I repeat, do not run.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
This is seriously serious!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by femidejulius(m): 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
Huh. The thing I have learned over years is not to judge someone's marriage unless you have heard from both the man and his wife.

Unfortunately, we can't hear from your husband here. Can we?

Anyways, we don't know your hubby and his ways b4. He may be mentally ill, he may be depressed, he may have heard something about you, seen something we don't know or some spiritualist must have approached him and told him some tall tales.

When his family members arrive, tell them everything he has been doing and ask why he has been doing it. His responses will really show the light.

We here can't do anything to help you.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Taiwo20(m): 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hmm.... Elegiac GIDI gan.
Hope somebody has not told him that his wife is a witch

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Greene66: 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2017

Hope somebody has not told him that his wife is a witch

Exactly my point. Na naija we dey. One yeye prophet for don give one yeye vision

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by dominique(f): 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2017
He probably has a dark secret and he's being blackmailed because of it. Or he's having a mid-life crisis. Or like the poster Above me said, some fake clerics probably revealed to him that you're the one "doing him". Leaving him to his elements could worsen the situation. Continue to reassure verbally or physically that everything will be OK and he has no reason to be afraid of you. You can also stage an intervention, good thing his family are now aware of the situation. Above all be prayerful

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by elantraceey(f): 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
That moment when you think you've seen all problems there is.

Madam I only think your husby have been manipulated at his church or by some persons regarding the fact that you ain't a Christian, I think he has been brainwashed to believe you're a developer sent to him by false prophets and what have you. There's nothing you can't see in churches these days.

You're not a Christian else I would have suggested you should pray but notwithstanding there should be someone you both trust and that he listens to, speak to that person and let him/her counsel you both or go see a marriage counselor.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by generalbush(m): 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
Relationship problems everywhere!!!

Chai... Nawa ooo...

Where is MMM.
Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by KardinalZik(m): 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
All is not well with your husband.
You need to act fast; but then, your action must be well calculated.

IF YOU FAIL TO ACT, 3 outcomes linger:

1. your husband will go mental
2. your husband may commit suicide
3. your husband may commit murder.

Coz from your story, we can deduce that HE'S EITHER MENTALLY UNSTABLE, DEPRESSED, HALLUCINATING, ATTACKED BY ENEMIES, OR DECEIVED BY ONE (FAKE) PROPHET. And all these can lead to the outcomes mentioned above.

May God help you, save your marriage, and deliver you from your enemies.

10 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
Serene0:
My husband and I, have been married for the past 4 years and everything has been "alright" until 6 months ago. My husband suddenly developed this fear for me just like that. If i lay my head on his chest, i could hear his heart racing in fear. He wakes up first & sleeps last. Always avoiding me.

It has been 6 months, he keeps himself in the guest room. He only comes out if i am not roaming the house. But if i am moving, he would stay in the guest room. I considered taking him for a mental checkup as i fear he is unstable and my own life is in danger. Many times he has held a knife against me trying to "defend himself from me". His business has been dwindling because he does not go to the office often. Always hiding at a corner in the guest room. Scared and alone. I had to double my work to get more money to maintain our home as he has not been working.

As much as he was quite the difficult type before, i still loved him that way not what he is now. Now he seeks my permission before he can have a guest. He stays indoors always. Sometimes he walks up to me begging me to tell him his offence. It scares me as i am feeling guilty like i have done something when i have done nothing. He was dominant, rough and confident but not anymore.. He is scared now and timid. If i serve his food, i would eat from it to prove there is no poison before he eats.

I never had a problem with him going to church as a Christian that he is, but recently, he no longer goes to church regularly, he would stay at a corner praying to God to protect him from the "devil in his house"! I offered to take him to church Yesterday and stay there with him even though i am not christian or religious in anyway but to give him peace. He refused and stayed in the guest room. Saying satan should get behind him like i am satan or something. I called his family today and i await their arrival this week.

My friend advised i give him some space so i am considering travelling to give him space. Is it a good idea? Or should I stay? I am so confused
op dis ur wahala no be here oo but wat did u do to ur husband? it seems he is scared of u,I mean he calls u a devil, he won't eat d food u prepare unless u taste it, I have a feeling dat ur not telling us d full part of d story.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Pierohandsome: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2017
The op is not been sincere here. For every action there is equal and opposite reaction,judging by ur writeup i could sense an intimidating and a dangerous looking woman so the man decided to start playing safe.

Even babies recognizes luv whn they see it not to talk of adult. If truly u are showing him luv, he wil be comfortable and happy around u.
Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Nancy2016: 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
Pierohandsome:
The op is not been sincere here. For every action there is equal and opposite reaction,judging by ur writeup i could sense an intimidating and a dangerous looking woman so the man decided to start playing safe.

Even babies recognizes luv whn they see it not to talk of adult. If truly u are showing him luv, he wil be comfortable and happy around u.

Stop exhibiting your ignorance. So if the man is depressed or mentally unstable, you would say it is wife that caused the mental illness? If you have nothing reasonable to say, just keep quiet. Is it not because of her love for him, she has reached out to his family members and has even come online to Nairaland to find answers?

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Coldplay007(f): 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2017
OP.. leave that house before your schizophrenic hubby takes steps to neutralise the Satan in his house..

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Serene0: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
Pierohandsome:

Sincerely, i haven't done anything to him. At least nothing I am aware of.
Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Nancy2016: 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
Jesse01:
op dis ur wahala no be here oo but wat did u do to ur husband? it seems he is scared of u,I mean he calls u a devil, he won't eat d food u prepare unless u taste it, I have a feeling dat ur not telling us d full part of d story.

Another useless comment.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by MrBottle: 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
Thias is a classical case of a schizo-affective disorder. Deluaion, hallucinations, mood changes and impairments in his behaviour. He needs a psychotherapist and psychiatrist fast or he will end up killing " the devil in his house".
How is his personal hygiene like? Deteriorating? ?

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
With all the stabbing going, why won't the man fear.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
I wish him peace of mind. I wish him well.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Serene0: 12:57am On Nov 28, 2017
MrBottle:
Thias is a classical case of a schizo-affective disorder. Deluaion, hallucinations, mood changes and impairments in his behaviour. He needs a psychotherapist and psychiatrist fast or he will end up killing " the devil in his house".
How is his personal hygiene like? Deteriorating? ?

He takes his bath barely twice a week. Always locking himself in a room. He will bathe if I'm not in the house. If I'm in the house, he locks himself in the room
Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:49am On Nov 28, 2017
Serene0:

He takes his bath barely twice a week. Always locking himself in a room. He will bathe if I'm not in the house. If I'm in the house, he locks himself in the room
Op, I feel your pain having gone through such with a relative, but God has taken full control now. Op, please do not leave him alone and do not sit down and do nothing. First, if you don't believe in God now is the time to believe in His existence and miracle works. I can't begin to type the hell I went through with this relative of mine...life was torture to me then! Having a schizophrenia patient as a partner or living with one is not something I wish for an enemy especially when it happens to someone close who used to be active and in control. Take your hubby to a psychiatric hospital after which he should be forced for a hot deliverance, preferable Mountain of Fire church, to flush out the demon tormenting him. May God help you and everyone of us in Jesus mighty name, Amen!!!!

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by duduade: 2:01am On Nov 28, 2017
Won ti get e from the village.. Resort to serious fasting and prayers
Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 28, 2017
Possible Causes of change in behavioural pattern.
1. Husband fears for his life due to his wife's wild behaviour patterns in the past and present coupled with the high rate of mariticide that has bedevilled the country.
2. Husband survived a painful venereal disease from wife and is so shocked beyond belief that wife has been a serial cheat while still in marriage.
3. Husband was told by a seer or witchdoctor or psychic that wife is a witch or a part of a greater evil sent to cause destruction and harm to him and husband is undergoing panic attacks.
4. Husband got a secret revealed to him about his wife's past that wife has not revealed and feels he is not privy to and husband panics at wifes deceit and cunning.
5. Husband is reacting to black magic or juju that has expired either from the wife or her family.
6. Husband is reacting to backfired black magic or juju that originated from himself or from his family.

People don't run mad just like that for no reason and as far as he sees his wife as a threat to him, she's a part of the problem.

Case closed!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Atk1nson(m): 4:04am On Nov 28, 2017
Serene0:

This seems mental issue, go and get doctors. If he is schizophrenic, he is a danger to himself n you

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by brainpower(m): 5:10am On Nov 28, 2017
Your husband's pastor or spiritual head or mother has told him that you are a witch and a powerful one at that.

Go to his family and complain and leave the house immediately because he might have told some people about this.

If anything happens to him, you'll be accused of killing your husband.
Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Richy4(m): 5:20am On Nov 28, 2017
Key point

<< Staying in a room to avoid u..

<<holding a knife to protect himself from you..Are u guys fighting and u don't want to call it what it is??

<<Asking you to candidly tell him what he has done wrong..no one asked this kinda question except when in a toxic environment..

<< You said.."I have considered taking him to a mental check up"...meaning that u are in charge..no room for discussion between both of u ..

<<You said.. " u have to double your work loads to make more money".... meaning that u are bound to be stressed and u unleash some negative energy out... and who is in a better position to receive this energy..u can make a guess...

Are u sure u are not killing this guy emotionally in any way due to his financial status Since you were the one shouldering all the responsibilities at home?..I know that many women are no saints when they were the bread winner of their homes...

Not accusing you of anything but there's a reason why he asked u to tell him what he has done wrong.. he can't just ask u that from the blues...

He seeks your permission before hosting friends...have you ever made an insinuations that his friends were not welcomed ...

My take is that he was not afraid of u but he was avoiding u.... u have unleashed something that may be he wants to stay alone....

I don't know why I feel u knew what his problem was and u are the one in a better position to calm it by having a heart to heart discussion with him.. find out the reason why he was uncomfortable around u if u are truly ignorant of it all... if it was your fault, simply plead stress and change your attitude towards him . I wish you the best..

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by femi4: 5:29am On Nov 28, 2017
Serene0:

He's going psyco, let him see a psychiatrist asap

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Samusu(m): 6:43am On Nov 28, 2017
Serene0:

Did yhu refuse him a second wife?
Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 28, 2017
Mynd44 day don break oh shocked
Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by Prognose: 6:53am On Nov 28, 2017
Lol, the internet is a wonderful place. See advice everywhere.

Serene0, this sounds like a classical case of paranoid schizophrenia. It's a mental condition that can turn a lion of a man into a mouse. You have done the right thing by inviting his family. Please you are in real danger in that house. He perceives you as the enemy (only you know what you did to trigger that perception. I don't expect you to mention it here on social media but think back to any quarrel you had about 6-7 months ago) and no logical persuasion will convince him otherwise. Be on your guard and ensure he sees a psychiatrist, very very important.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by bomasek(m): 6:55am On Nov 28, 2017
This is a clear case of paranoia but what did u to contribute to this state of his.

U had better seek a medical intervention before it turns sour,the earlier the better.
Re: My Husband Is Afraid Of Me And It's Getting Me Worried by nigeriancritic1(m): 7:04am On Nov 28, 2017
Serene0:

Your husband is paranoid. It is a start and first of many schizophrenic symptoms to come. He is approaching a land of no return. Evidently he was depressed and there is a history of previous mental issues somewhere in his family tree.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lg 2hp Split AC For Sale Price 85k / Wife Sleeps On Same Bed With A Pal, can I trust her? / Afraid To Be Intimate With My Pregnant Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.