Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:58 PM

"Parents Need Coaching Too" - Hamlino - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Parents Need Coaching Too" - Hamlino (311 Views)

Nigerian Parents Need To Allow Their Daughters Leave Toxic Marriages / I Home-schooled My Kids For 3 Years. Here’s What Parents Need To Know Now. / The Sad Story Of A Young School Girl. African Parents Need Learn! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Parents Need Coaching Too" - Hamlino by hamlino15(m): 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
DEAR PARENTS,
Stop comparing your kids' ability to their friends'or neighboring kids. I still wonder when this whole "can't you see your friend" or "the neighbors' kids are better than you" or "useless child" madness will stop. Why don't disown yours and adopt your neighbor's child instead? So many children have been affected by the negative words they have been listening to from their parents or families (their first social institution), right from their young age till adulthood. These words are sinked in, create havoc in one's lives and then passed down to their own kids too. Then we keep singing negative songs down to generations. Why can't parents see one thing their children do right? Why can't you praise him/her for atleast one good performance?
"Weldon, you did great" or "I am so happy to call you my son/daughter" or "No matter what you are the best" or "don't give up dear, I strongly believe in you", words like this have been so much difficult for parents to pour out to their own children. But rather they focus on the mistakes their kids make. They swift to blame, abuse or curse the little child for little mistakes. I faced alot of abuse, curses, blames from my own aunties. They called me all sort of names right from my teen age. They never believed in me, and all this affected my self-esteem. I can boldly say that I learnt nothing but abuse from my own aunties.
Parents listen up, if you don't know before, MISTAKES ARE GOOD & NORMAL, THEY BUILD A CHILD (will explain better in my next post). We must all understand that our children have emotional feelings too. The words you grow in their lives are like seeds which will one day grow into a tree. So why don't you plant the right words and appraisal?
"Parents too need coaching"- Damilare H. Oyekanmi
Re: "Parents Need Coaching Too" - Hamlino by mikejj(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2017
grin ya i concur

(1) (Reply)

Get Daily 1% Bitcoin On An Investment With USI-TECH / How To Show Love And Caring To Your Kids / What Happens When You Don’t Forgive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.