Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) (51678 Views)

Nigerian Couple Arrested For Murder Of Happiness Monday In Libya (Photos) / ISWAP Procures Military Uniforms From Libya Ahead Of December Attacks / Weapons Used In Killings In Nigeria Trafficked From Libya, Turkey, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by savagefinder: 5:25am On Nov 29, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
forget APC,nah Apc send dem on mission impossible? .Some of those people are doing great/ well in their respective biz but greed/ long neck nor allow dem reason well.If Tolu,chinedu "Andrew"dey too must do n die
that's very true Sha.
You are right

1 Like

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by henryhemon(m): 5:26am On Nov 29, 2017
raker300:
The death of gadaffi was a huge loss to africa.

The western world always dispose African leaders with visions

The same way they deposed GEJ and installed a ragamoffin called Buhari...now look at nigeria

They did same in egypt..now look at egypt.

You were making sense till the joke part Gej. If someone is a description of joker....thats Gej.

8 Likes

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by ehbellsho(m): 5:26am On Nov 29, 2017
Praise God
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by Kobicove(m): 5:27am On Nov 29, 2017
At least now they know that Libya is no longer paradise...
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:29am On Nov 29, 2017
Chicagoesontop:
I Pray say Darlington my guy go dey there, Darlington wey leave 9ija since 2005 enter Libya nobody has heard from him or know his where about till now.

May he(Darlington) be the first to come down from that plane ... AMEN !!

I wish him good luck
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by sokera: 5:30am On Nov 29, 2017
savagefinder:
The painful part of this issue now is that APC will start to jubilate over 272 people.. You need to step up your game.
for your information APC government as evacuate over 4000 Nigerians this year alone ... go and make your research..... and all these people left the country during your hero regime (GEJ) ... another research for you ...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by naptu2: 5:30am On Nov 29, 2017
Published on Jul 21, 2015

English/Nat XFA

Thousands of Nigerians have returned from Libya as part of an organised repatriation in the wake of widespread violence directed against immigrants from sub-Saharan African.

Several plane loads of Nigerians arrived in Lagos. The deportees - now living in a temporary camp - have been giving graphic accounts of clashes in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, and other cities.

During the past weeks, thousands of African immigrants living in Libya have been attacked by local residents. Some reports suggested dozens of people died, but no exact figures are available.

An apparently trivial dispute sparked one of the most serious reported confrontations involving Chadians and Sudanese in the town of Zawiyah, west of Tripoli. It is understood there were also a number of clashes in Tripoli where disturbances of any kind are rare.

The deportees said Libyan police allowed the attacks to go ahead, even after the immigrants had been moved into special camps. Nationals of countries like Guinea, Cameroon, Niger and Chad also suffered.

The violence is a blow to Libya's leader, Colonel Moammar Gadhafi, who is keen to assume the role of a leading statesman on the African continent. His pan-African policy has led to growing numbers of immigrants from other African countries entering Libya. Now thought to number about a (M) million, they are said to have become the focus of social and economic resentment.

But the returnees did not blame the Libyan leader, whom they described as a friend of black Africans. Rather, they said Colonel Gadhafi could not control his own people's hostility towards them.

SOUNDBITE: (English) "A big, a very big noise and they break my door, rush into our house, burn everything, beat us, stab me, who are these people? They are Libyans."

SUPER CAPTION: Stabbed Deportee

SOUNDBITE: (English) "The Libyan people still believe that we are Africans, are still slaves, they consider us barbaric, they do not even see anything especially good in blacks and especially we Nigerians.

When we are walking down the streets we have been attacked by the drivers and the 'afma' boys as they are called. There was all this, we took it gladly with them when we took these cases to the police they would tell us 'imshi, imshi' (go away in Arabic) you know. They kick us out of these things some us have been stabbed, some of us were even...the pregnant women were beaten publicly."

SUPER CAPTION: Deportee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPsldkwTJU4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by ipobarecriminals: 5:30am On Nov 29, 2017
sad some goats are on their way there now.

1 Like

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by felixomor: 5:35am On Nov 29, 2017
These ones are the usual deportees

Somebody wants to claim "rescue" for cheap political point.

1 Like

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by savagefinder: 5:36am On Nov 29, 2017
sokera:
for your information APC government as evacuate over 4000 Nigerians this year alone ... go and make your research..... and all these people left the country during your hero regime (GEJ) ... another research for you ...
instead of being so hostile in your response, you will ponder over what I said, the level of silence from the buhari administration until now was disturbing over this matter, the normal thing is when you see an issue like this, you confirm and first make public comment on the issue.. And for your information, not every one that criticizes the buhari administration voted for GEJ or is a fan or GEJ. I voted for buhari and if given the same options (Buhari or GEJ) I will still vote buhari. But his administration has been at snail speed towards vital fundamental mustang issues.
If not for anything, my level of literacy should show you that I don't belong to the noisy types that rant on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by Atyem(m): 5:37am On Nov 29, 2017
When Gaddafi was overthrown and murdered like a goat by US through NATO, many especially in Nigeria were jubilating in support of US. Today Libya is worst of, no functional government, there is a lot of proliferation of fire arms that find their ways to boko-haram and other deadly groups, slave trade finds its way back. Arab nations are not known for democracy, trying to impose it on them is a disaster. Now nobody is calling on the US to come and clear the mess they created, rather we are blaming our government. In the voice of Lucky Dube " Do you wanna be a well fed slave or a hungry free man?"

5 Likes

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by GetUmad: 5:40am On Nov 29, 2017
Chicagoesontop:
I Pray say Darlington my guy go dey there, Darlington wey leave 9ija since 2005 enter Libya nobody has heard from him or know his where about till now.

Libya since when?

Person wey don from Europe enter US since, With SPEED sef com add the speed join em name dey sing rubbish for US dey claim to be one Energy God just because em survive

1 Like

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by benuejosh: 5:40am On Nov 29, 2017
savagefinder:
The painful part of this issue now is that APC will start to jubilate over 272 people.. You need to step up your game.
some of you just want to spill anything that comes out of your mind.. Do you know the amount of people that the government has rescued from that country just this year? The way some of you talk is disgusting. Go and make research before talking.

2 Likes

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by GetUmad: 5:41am On Nov 29, 2017
Hope others would learn.

But really, Would they.?
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by martynsnet: 5:42am On Nov 29, 2017
good one from the government. however I am disappointed that a Libyan carrier would be allowed to touch our soil, the government should have contracted Arik or one or our local airlines. we are basically giving money to Libya by contracting their career after what they have done.

I also want the Nigerian government to sanction Libya, send a strong message to them.

4 Likes

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by naptu2: 5:42am On Nov 29, 2017
Published on Jan 26, 2017

NTA News

Senior special adviser to the president on foreign affairs and diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa has warned Nigerians seeking to leave the country to Libya to desist from doing so. The SSA gave the warning when members of the national emergency management agency (NEMA) visited her to shed more light on NEMA’S rescue operations in Libya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV07w838jmU

The NEMA guy said that over 600 Nigerians were repatriated from Libya in 2016 (by NEMA and the International Organisation for Migration) and he stressed that these are voluntary returnees, not deportees.
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by Edum13656: 5:48am On Nov 29, 2017
On behalf of the Association of Comment Readers (ACR), I urge you all to make your comment brief and straight to the point.
We don't have the time to read the story of your village people.

Signed: General Secretary ACR.

4 Likes

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by benuejosh: 5:52am On Nov 29, 2017
Atyem:
When Gaddafi was overthrown and murdered like a goat by US through NATO, many especially in Nigeria were jubilating in support of US.
i suppose Nigerians supported US then because of the hostile nature Gaddafi was having towards foreigners, even foreigners of African origin. They were in support because his policies towards immigrants. If they left during Gaddafi, they won't be sold as slaves. The mistake that happen was for the Libyans to had fully supported the USA government to fight Gaddafi using NATO. They will leave to regret it till the end of time.
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by naptu2: 5:54am On Nov 29, 2017
raker300:
is our govt doing anything to stop these people?

Or even raise awareness on the horror going on there

NTA wch is supposed to be our country's mouthpiece is busy being used as a propaganda network

naptu2:
This is not the first time. Nigerians have been rescued from Libya, Italy and Morocco and they usually interview them on NTA Network News at 9.

However, many more are still trying to cross the Mediterranean every day.

Published on Jan 26, 2017

NTA News

Senior special adviser to the president on foreign affairs and diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa has warned Nigerians seeking to leave the country to Libya to desist from doing so. The SSA gave the warning when members of the national emergency management agency (NEMA) visited her to shed more light on NEMA’S rescue operations in Libya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV07w838jmU

The NEMA guy said that over 600 Nigerians were repatriated from Libya in 2016 (by NEMA and the International Organisation for Migration) and he stressed that these are voluntary returnees, not deportees.

2 Likes

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by abuwasila: 5:56am On Nov 29, 2017
raker300:

The same way they deposed GEJ and installed a ragamoffin called Buhari...now look at nigeria

It is a pity that u are still referring to PDP govt and all their loots and atrocities and been disposed off.
GEJ and his predecessor has never done this country any good especially with the likes of his wife, minister of petroleum and aviation and their massive loots. Guys, let us drop sentiments and face reality. The future of Nigerian youth is being toy with by all our rotten politicians.

5 Likes

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 29, 2017
Thank Goodness for Abike Dabiri in this government.
#NoBitchAttitude

1 Like

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 29, 2017
raker300:

Guy I agree with a lot you said except the goodluck part.
You really think he is the best thing for Nigeria?, that he has vision? If you said yaradua, I for agree. If ged was still there I pity Nigeria, what you think is bad now, will look like child's play.

4 Likes

Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by YelloweWest: 6:01am On Nov 29, 2017
Chicagoesontop:

Na wa o.

Wetin person day fond for Libya
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by Atyem(m): 6:02am On Nov 29, 2017
benuejosh:
i suppose Nigerians supported US then because of the hostile nature Gaddafi was having towards foreigners, even foreigners of African origin. They were in support because his policies towards immigrants. If they left during Gaddafi, they won't be sold as slaves. The mistake that happen was for the Libyans to had fully supported the USA government to fight Gaddafi using NATO. They will leave to regret it till the end of time.
It wasn't worse than what Nigerians and other Africans experience in south Africa. US had an ulterior motive for going to Libya. Libya was far better than Nigeria then in term of infrastructure and economy. Not untill Africa stops to swallow US bait, this mess will continue. Now the same US turn a blind eye when the situation gets worse than under Gaddafi.
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by femi4: 6:07am On Nov 29, 2017
martineverest:
Femi4 kayode, where are u
How animal go know say slave trade don pass
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by Funjosh(m): 6:07am On Nov 29, 2017
jerryunit48:
I tell you that even as these ones are returning some are preparing to take the risk too , that’s how bad things are

Am afraid this is the bitter truth embarassed
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by savagefinder: 6:09am On Nov 29, 2017
benuejosh:
some of you just want to spill anything that comes out of your mind.. Do you know the amount of people that the government has rescued from that country just this year? The way some of you talk is disgusting. Go and make research before talking.
click on my profile and read my posts on this thread nd you will stop being this childish
Re: 242 Nigerians Rescued Successfully From Libya (photos) by Mysselff2: 6:11am On Nov 29, 2017
Government of lies
Looks more like deported Nigerians to me since the govt of Libya provided the air logistics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tout Jumps Into River To Escape Mob Action After Accident. See What Happened. / Suspects Smile For The Camera After Being Arrested For N7m Fraud. / Owerri DPO Punches #EndSARS Protester And Threatens To Shoot Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.