Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees (21687 Views)

Snake Swallows N36m Cash In JAMB Office Makurdi, Benue State / Shock: 5-year-old Boy Who “repairs Motorcycles” To Raise School Fees / Beautiful Lady Who Sells Groundnut To Raise Money For Her School Fees (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by ChangeIsCostant: 5:23am On Nov 29, 2017
A 5-year-old and a Primary 1 Student of Von Felly Primary School, Makurdi, Benue state capital - is said to be an expert in repairing motorcycles. According to an witness, Ichenwo Goodluck, the little boy regularly takes off some days from school to assist his father who is a mechanic so as to help him raise the N10,000 for his school fee.

Below is what Ichenwo Goodluck shared on Facebook;

*We won't stop Talking*

This 5 Year old Highly intelligent and skillful boy, A Primary 1 Student of Von Felly Primary School, Makurdi, and is already an expert in repairing Motorcycles. I heard he regularly takes off some days from school to assist his Poor father who is a mechanic...so as to help him raise the N10,000 for his school fee.

He'll sure make it big in the neatest future.
#LetsContinue

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/meet-5-year-old-boy-repairs-motorcycles-order-raise-school-fees-photos.html

8 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by ChangeIsCostant: 5:24am On Nov 29, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by izzou(m): 5:30am On Nov 29, 2017
grin

God go bless their hustle

And I pray God blesses us all,so that we won't have any reason to allow our children to cater for themselves at such an early age

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by jesse8048(m): 5:32am On Nov 29, 2017
When I say it's easy to detect successful people at young age, believe me.

21 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by sarrki(m): 5:41am On Nov 29, 2017
This is slavery

When did he tart learning ?

When did he got his freedom or graduation from learning the skills?

Pls we should stop celebrating stuffs like this

We are losing morals here

Also celebrating mediocrity

What lessons are we giving to others

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by hakeem4(m): 5:42am On Nov 29, 2017
That's good.

But what happened to his parents? How will a minor be doing this type of job ?

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:44am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
This is slavery

Person go hin papa shop to help hin papa out and you call am slavery, haaaaaaa Sarrki. Haba kai mana sad

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Jesusloveyou: 5:46am On Nov 29, 2017
What?
I can't believed that.
Is it display of intelligent or child abuse?

3 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:47am On Nov 29, 2017
hakeem4:
That's good.

You ought to know how children behave at times, I can bet my two balls that the young lad was doing that just for fun and nothing more.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by sarrki(m): 5:49am On Nov 29, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Person go hin papa shop to help hin papa out and you call am slavery, haaaaaaa Sarrki. Haba kai mana sad

Baba that boy don't need that exposure right now

If there is anything he needs , it should be extra lessons

We should stop that habit

I can assure you 95& of people that learn this skills at this age ends up in dropping out of school at early stage for quick money

5 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by sarrki(m): 5:49am On Nov 29, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
You ought to know how children behave at times, I can bet my two balls that the young lad was doing that just for fun and nothing more.

But the op says for paying school fees

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by haconjy(m): 5:51am On Nov 29, 2017
either Na Child Abuse, or abuse children or penury o... I don't know but can this be true? 5 years?
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by hakeem4(m): 5:53am On Nov 29, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
okay you must be right, but I remember that anyone less than 18 in Nigeria shouldn't be allowed into a factory or a workshop, has the law changed ?

4 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:02am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:

I can assure you 95& of people that learn this skills at this age ends up in dropping out of school at early stage for quick money
You are right bro. cool
sarrki:

But the op says for paying school fees
You suppose know how naija bloggers twist facts just to draw traffic to their sites
hakeem4:
okay you must be right, but I remember that anyone less than 18 in Nigeria shouldn't be allowed into a factory or a workshop, has the law changed ?
Hmmmmm! For this our naija, abeg leave law make e just rest. Everybody get hin own law for this we country smiley

2 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by izzou(m): 6:09am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
This is slavery

You should really go our to see how tough life is for people

I used to hawk when I was little for my mum,just to make ends meet

Call it slavery or not,but we needed to put food on our tables because we couldn't beg

So if you really don't know much about people's experiences, just learn

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by PointZerom: 6:11am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:
This is slavery

When Buhari who promised him free food has disappointed him, what do you want him to do?.

2 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by PointZerom: 6:16am On Nov 29, 2017
sarrki:

This is the condition of children in Nigeria under Buhari and APShit govt.

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by marshalldgreat(m): 6:16am On Nov 29, 2017
Wow... Amazing
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by MayorofLagos(m): 6:22am On Nov 29, 2017
OP,
Im not sure this is true.

First, motorcycle parts are fastened with bolts, nuts, screws and clips. To get any of these fasteners off and gain access to the mechanical parts require wrist strength and arm leverage that a 5yr old is not built for.

Let's reposition this story abeg!

7 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by DaudaAbu(m): 6:28am On Nov 29, 2017
Wetin him dey repair?

D boy want ro resemble that meme of a boy using corner eye to look at that oyinbo lady with spectacles on her head

Some shoul hlp me with it
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by sirjentul05(m): 6:28am On Nov 29, 2017
When I ws at d age of 3

I started playing bet9ja visual soccer correct score

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 29, 2017
I stopped reading when they referred the 5 year old boy to be an 'expert' at repairing motorcycles. Bloggers were born to lie, it's there talent.

3 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Ejanla07: 7:07am On Nov 29, 2017
i can authoritatively tell you dis is a lie.....

the first picture. the boy is meddling with the head light. baba u can't be mechanic and electrician same time. even him papa no fit.

second pic he is holding a screw driver near the top. no screw can hold a top to d block. and dat little boy is not strong enough to lose dat. and dats not whr d bolt is.

d bike is even frajend. coupled in Nnewi.

make una take am small small dey lie abeg

i kno dis Because i am from Nnewi, 10 bikes in my compound as i type this.....

5 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Ejanla07: 7:09am On Nov 29, 2017
MayorofLagos:
OP,
Im not sure this is true.

First, motorcycle parts are fastened with bolts, nuts, screws and clips. To get any of these fasteners off and gain access to the mechanical parts require wrist strength and arm leverage that a 5yr old is not built for.

Let's reposition this story abeg!

no mind dem
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Fmartin(m): 8:13am On Nov 29, 2017
Please anyone making comment should make it short, so we professional comment readers (PCR) will be able to Read all comments.
Thanks for making our work easier!!

3 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 29, 2017
dis is child abuse angry

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by VocalWalls: 8:42am On Nov 29, 2017
What kind of nonsense is this?

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by 1miccza: 8:42am On Nov 29, 2017
jesse8048:
When I say it's easy to detect successful people at young age, believe me.

Honestly if the dad is capable, that boy has given him a direction to harness and build on.That's if this story is true.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Ayoswit(f): 8:42am On Nov 29, 2017
K
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by Ayo4251(m): 8:42am On Nov 29, 2017
hakeem4:
That's good.

read the story before commenting..... He assists his father who is a mechanic
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by money121(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2017
Child Abuse
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Who "Repairs Motorcycles" In Makurdi Benue, To Raise School Fees by kay29000(m): 8:45am On Nov 29, 2017
Interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNILORIN Students Take Selfie With Abdulganiy Ambali, Outgoing Vice Chancellor / Privatize Public Schools And Distribute Their Shares To The Masses / JAMB Delists 76 Exam Centres, Appoints SAN To Prosecute 100 Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.