Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Libyan Slave Market: Too Many Reactors No Actors - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Libyan Slave Market: Too Many Reactors No Actors (353 Views)

'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos / "I Slept With 18 Men In One Day" - 19-Year-Old Libyan Returnee / Nigerians And Ghanaians Run Libyan Slave Camps - Cameroonian Returnee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Libyan Slave Market: Too Many Reactors No Actors by goodmanjustice: 10:53am On Nov 29, 2017
TOO MANY REACTORS NO ACTORS

I don't understand why people would be "reacting" to issues they have the power to "act" towards. Photos of blacks being sold a penny at the new Libyan slave market surfaced online few days ago and everyone is "reacting". "President of so and so country reacts to the horrible act and condemns it in strong terms", "Davido reacts to the situation in Libya, Wizkid adds his voice, blah blah blah blah".

My immediate younger brother saw hell in Libya a few years back before he found his way to Nigeria solely by the grace of God. The Nigerian officials who were sent to come pick them got to Libya and it became business. They were lured into bribery by men and women who were desperate to leave the place of torment that Libya had become. As my younger one narrated what his eyes � saw, goose pumps large as cashew nuts formed on my skin. He came back with a wall clock only, case closed. Thank God he came back whole. But the government could have done better, because it was failure on its part that drove these ones away in the first place. Now we are faced with the condition we thought we had escaped hundreds of years ago and everyone is "reacting".

The government should work hard to build the confidence of our young ones in this country. They should stop waiting to react but act. These music icons and tv gods and goddesses should just shut up already. They use opportunities like this to increase their popularity. They too can act. Making good songs that reflect their haterd for the current state of affairs in Libya is the way to go. Providing fund to take care of returnees and have them properly rehabilitated is another way. Organising tours around the world to speak against man's inhumanity to man is a good way to act, not sitting at home and hotel rooms tweeting and bloggers retweeting. If those who have the means use it to the benefit of others , we would all be acting and would not have to react.

@lalasticala, one would have thought you would have done the needful

(1) (Reply)

Atiku: I’ve Not Made Up My Mind To Run For President In 2019 / $1.3 Million Dollars Vodka Stolen / LASEMA Rescue Man Trapped In Swamp Under 3rd Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.