Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos (37989 Views)

I Bought Two Legs For N20,000 - Suspected Ritualist In Ogun Confesses (Photos) / I Buried My Dad With Yahoo Money - 21-Year-Old Man / Meet Mariam Abiola, 20-Year-Old Female Cultist Confesses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by BoneBlogger(m): 8:45am On Jun 09, 2018
A Nigerian deportee who just arrived from Libya has given a startling confession at T.B. Joshua’s Church in Lagos, painting an alarming picture of the death toll of African migrants seeking to illegally enter Europe.

Efe Alimi, an Edo State indigene, revealed how he had participated in the mass burial of 5,300 bodies in a single day on the Libyan shore, decomposing remains of those who had drowned while attempting to cross the Mediterranean Sea to Europe.

“Most of the bodies washed up on the shore had decayed. When we picked them up, their flesh peeled away to the bone. Some were without ears, eyes or breasts. All were my African brothers and sisters,” he recollected in a shocking revelation posted to T.B. Joshua’s official Facebook Page.

According to Alimi, the bodies were dumped into a mass grave, crushed by excavators and then covered by the Libyans who had picked him and a group of other migrants to do the “dirty job”.

Alimi travelled to the North African nation via Niger in 2013. 29 embarked on the dangerous journey through the Sahara Desert but only 9 reached Libya.

“I actually buried 20 people in the desert,”Alimi recalled, adding that he only survived by drinking urine after they were stranded for five days without food or water.

After an unsuccessful attempt to cross the Mediterranean to Italy in 2017, he was imprisoned in an underground dungeon for one year before the intervention of the International Organisation for Migration (IOM), who facilitated his return to Nigeria.

Another deportee, Johnson Imonigie, equally shared distressing details of how the makeshift boat he was in capsized en route to Italy. 121 were on board and 87 drowned.

Even prior to his attempt to cross the ocean, Johnson had been kidnapped and sold into slavery three times in Libya.

During his incarceration, one of his close friends was beaten to death in his presence.

“They decided to beat me on my manhood,” he vividly recalled.“I can’t even begin to describe the pain. I was there the day they hit my friend there so hard he actually died.”

On Tuesday 5thJune 2018, 171 Nigerians were voluntarily deported from Libya, over 90 of them deciding to visit Joshua’s famed Church in search of aid.

Hearing their plight, Joshua and his ‘Emmanuel TV Partners’ gave the group N3m ($8,500) to help them start their lives afresh in Nigeria.

The news comes on the heels of the United Nations imposing sanctions on six leaders of human trafficking networks in Libya.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/i-buried-20-people-in-the-desert-nigerian-deportee-makes-shocking-confession-photos.html

Credit; Ihechukwu Njoku – freelance journalist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by HungerBAD: 8:47am On Jun 09, 2018
I don't know.

I am crossed between if they are spinning tales to get help,or if the events really happened as stated by them.

The story of burying 5,300 bodies in one day must leave any right thinking person scratching their head. There are some Local Governments in Nigeria,especially in the North,that cant even boast of such numbers.

He left Nigeria in 2013, when money was supposedly flowing left and right under Jonathan. So what is his excuse for taking this dangerous risk?

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by Jasen1(m): 8:51am On Jun 09, 2018
Nawaaaaa oh
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2018
angry

There's definitely something Edo people forgot in Italy that they are willing to risk their lives in a fool hardy manner just to go there and get it

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by daryoor(m): 8:59am On Jun 09, 2018
Failed leaders failed country.

Im just wondering why dont these people go thru egypt.

#Get that visa

3 Likes

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by praise010(m): 9:02am On Jun 09, 2018
Some are still planning to take same route hoping that there story will be different.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by seunlayi(m): 9:21am On Jun 09, 2018
daryoor:

#Get that visa
don't mind them
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by ednut1(m): 9:30am On Jun 09, 2018
Fake story. If the bodies washed up on libyan coast they would still be fresh. Bros just dey lie to gain symphaty

2 Likes

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by ViaGist: 10:57am On Jun 09, 2018

READ MORE GIST>>> www.GistMore.com
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by akum78: 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
kiss
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by Nukilia: 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
Evil
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by SoapQueen(f): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
Who send me open this thread?
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by Skepticus: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
cool
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by kellz0(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
ednut1:
Fake story. If the bodies washed up on libyan coast they would still be fresh. Bros just dey lie to gain symphaty
bros there's nothing fake about this story angry Nigerian boys suffered/die alot through that means... If you see a Libya returnee, he or she doesn't need to tell you anything to gain sympathy embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by Pavore9: 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
The Edo State government really need to do intensive orientation against illegal immigration as they tend to have the numbers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by namqul(m): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
daryoor:

#Get that visa
how can you explain?
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by package7(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
Weldone Mr undertaker, now that you're back home in naija someone need to bury you as soon as possible, before you carry out another mass burial.
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by TEYA: 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
HungerBAD:
I don't know.

I am crossed between if they are spinning tales to get help,or if the events really happened as stated by them.

The story of burying 5,300 bodies in one day must leave any right thinking person scratching their head. There are some Local Governments in Nigeria,especially in the North,that cant even boast of such numbers.

He left Nigeria in 2013, when money was supposedly flowing left and right under Jonathan. So what is his excuse for taking this dangerous risk?
Money was flowing left right and where? Many years from now people will talk about how money flowed during buhari's regime. Nigerians, always admiring the past.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by HungerBAD: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
TEYA:

Money was flowing left right and where? Many years from now people will talk about how money flowed during buhari's regime. Nigerians, always admiring the past.

True.

4 Likes

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by olatade(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
hmmm. the get rich or die trying syndrome

1 Like

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by gaby(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
Chai..life oh life...

Please check my profile for the links to my book, which is an eye-opener and sure makes for a good read. Kindly give me great reviews.

Finding Europe through Africa’s Deserts and Seas, tells about the story of a young African man, who had become disillusioned with situations in his home country of Nigeria, and the raging poverty in his immediate family. As a result of this he'd decided to migrate to Europe for economic reasons.
However, due to the lack of sufficient funds and other pre requisites, realizing his migration dreams legally, by obtaining a visa and traveling by Air had seemed unrealistic. He therefore, opted to travel through the deserts and seas of Africa, onwards Spain via Morocco.
This book tells about the many perils, and deaths he had experienced in the course of this life-altering journey.
You’d read about how the Author ended up at a cemetery, and stayed the night on a grave for lack of a shelter in the middle of nowhere, and how he helped a pregnant fellow traveller who had gone into labour in the desert deliver successfully.
The Author also tells about how he eventually crossed over into Europe, and soon realized the grass wasn’t greener on the other side after all, and how he ended up in the criminal underworld of online scamming of innocent victims to get rich quick, and the karma that followed his actions. The story is a first-hand account of the Authors experiences and makes for an interesting read

9 Likes

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by erico2k2(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
the beginning of the News do not make sense, EFE Benin name really? since when

2 Likes

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by Apina(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
I really do not understand the reason why some persons would wake up one morning and choose to cross the DESERT to another mans land for whatever reason. The money they pay to smugglers would open a business no matter how small it may be but GREED would not let them listen to reason even with the stories filtering around and when everything goes south they come around and claim victims. angry

2 Likes

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by AwolowoAssLicker(f): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
as if they won't go back to Libya... AFONJA distance cousins in Edo, if you like cage them threatened them with real gun even dash them enough money to start up business, the spirit in Arabian desert and Mediterranean sea won't allow them to stay in their villages, best thing is to fence entire South West Nigeria and watch number of people heading to Sahara desert reduced drastically

4 Likes

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by meezynetwork(m): 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ok na
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by DeZoro(m): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
Even though the story is a lie or truth, seeking greener pasture through the desert to Europe is a high level of irresponsibility and highest limit of foolishness.

Nigeria is still one of the best country in Africa in term of freedom and livelihood. Lazy idiotic youth you really are! You have hands and leg, all you know is to go thorough this hard process to Europe as if money are pluck on tress....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by petenweke: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
Buried 5,300 bodies in a single day? Haba this lie too much oooo. Is it for sympathy sake or the torture on the dessert had made Edo boys insane?
Anyway there are some undertakes in Nigeria which fir 10 years have not buried 2k people...you in one day buried 5300.
Edo state government has an automatic job for you...
I just wonder if that TB J church no get lie dictator machine if they don't have lie directing spirit
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by Toosure70: 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
Get your pvc and use it right this time if you don't want to track back Libya.
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by SageMahrez(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
quote me... Nigeria will win the champions league and La Liga next season..
Re: 'I Buried 20 People In Libyan Desert'- Nigerian Deportee Confesses. Photos by chijokz(m): 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2018
daryoor:

#Get that visa
Exactly..I know 2 Nigerians who went through Egypt and currently in Greece. They didn't go through the hell of Libya - Italy route. They even encouraged others to use Egypt - Greece route.
The problem with these migrants is they don't do their homework and believe the only route to Europe is through Libya.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Breaks Police Inspector’s Jaw At Station / Groom-To-Be Shot Dead By Vigilante In Ebonyi Few Days To His Wedding (Graphic) / Victor Onwubiko: Gunmen Kill Popular Lawyer In Imo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.