Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding (5068 Views)

Oritsefemi’s Wife Nabila Fash Files For Divorce / Small Doctor Storms Oritsefemi's Wedding As Best Man With His 2017 Range Rover / Caroline Danjuma Stole The Show At Oritsefemi’s Wedding And People Are Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by VERQUEST111: 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
Though most people might disagree with me on this, I strongly believe Oritsefemi should be given more credit than your favourite man, Banky W

I know Banky W and his wife, Adesua stole all the attention because of the class, but Oritsefemi gave a good account of himself as well. We were just too ‘blindfolded’ to see the things he did.

While Banky W went to South Africa to hold his white wedding, Oritsefemi didn’t abandon our beloved country. He understood that Nigeria was good enough for his wedding. He would have done the same since he has the money, but he felt most people won’t be able to witness his special day if he had taken it outside the country.

In a recent interview, when he was asked why he chose to do have his wedding in Nigeria, he said, “People who are very familiar with me know I am a man of the people. Most of my fans and friends reside in Nigeria and I want them to be part of my special day.” Is that not nice? He had the interests of his people at heart and he made sure he didn’t disappoint them.

Despite the noise and the elaborate wedding Oritsefemi did, he must have spent a lesser money than Banky W. Though it was gathered that Banky W’s white wedding in South Africa was a sponsored one, there is no proof.

If one imagines how much they spent to put everything together, the money may be enough to pay workers of a state for a month or more.
Since he did his wedding in Nigeria, all that Oritsefemi used in putting things together were gathered here. In a way, he provided jobs for the pretty ushers, hardworking waiters, event planners and others that provided services at his wedding.
But I don’t think anyone in Nigeria benefited from Banky W’s wedding to Adesua in SA. When he thinks of the cost of taking service providers to South Africa, he would rather stick to hiring South Africans.
Banky’s Groomsmen.

Also, remember that Orisefemi’s wedding was not different from a carnival. He was ready to feed everyone in Lagos. If you think it is easy to feed the number of people Oritsefemi fed, you may want to replicate his wedding.

How on earth did he convince an educated lady to marry a street boy who already had two children from two different women? That is amazing, as we all know that educated women prefer educated men.

6 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by LUGBE: 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
Says who shocked
Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by ghettowriter(m): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
I don't even see the reason why Banky took his wedding to SA. Like what the fuk is he trying to prove?

9 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by Flexherbal(m): 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
Wedding is not a competition!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
Banky W's wedding had something that the other didnt remotely have, and thats CLASS.... see as Oritsefemi one had a fat nasty looking babe twerking on stage.....what a disgrace!

1 Like

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by sinaj(f): 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
So we should vote for Oritsemefi in d nxt election coz he fed people at his wedding abi

4 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:25pm On Nov 29, 2017
Who made you the judge?

6 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by itspzpics(m): 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
u try
Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by victoronyekwelu(m): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
Banky W's wedding had something that the other didnt remotely have, and thats CLASS.... see as Oritsefemi one had a fat nasty looking babe twerking on stage.....what a disgrace!
oga use your brain abeg who's wedding created jobs for Nigerians They said we should use Nigeria products who's wedding promoted it One did his wedding in SA and the other in Nigeria who love his country more Abeg no be by where you do your wedding the question is will the wedding last

27 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by VERQUEST111: 9:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=sinaj post=62834821]So we should vote for Oritsemefi in d nxt election coz he fed people at his wedding abi

oritsefemi not oritsemefi.......olodo even to copy hard you.

3 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by sinaj(f): 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=VERQUEST111 post=62835310][/quote]Okponu do d needful nd move on.

2 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
victoronyekwelu:
oga use your brain abeg who's wedding created jobs for Nigerians They said we should use Nigeria products who's wedding promoted it One did his wedding in SA and the other in Nigeria who love his country more Abeg no be by where you do your wedding the question is will the wedding last

sadly, here above is the reason why so many fail in Nigeria..... they say create jobs in Nigeria and Banky W had is traditional wedding in 9ja....but then again, you cant mix apples with oranges.

a wedding is the most important step in any person's life, and therefore they want to make that day SPECIAL...so the location is the most important part, and if/when you LOOK AT THE LOCATION where Banky w had his wedding, you are certain about ONE THING: you could have never found a place like that in Nigeria, with the same backdrop, the same woah factor, the same setting. so YES, people should help by creating jobs in Africa but it doesnt mean they should lower their standards by doing so.

if Nigeria doesnt have what a man requires, then he certainly should NOT lower his standards to please deludued strangers.

4 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by victoronyekwelu(m): 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

sadly, here above is the reason why so many fail in Nigeria..... they say create jobs in Nigeria and Banky W had is traditional wedding in 9ja....but then again, you cant mix apples with oranges.

a wedding is the most important step in any person's life, and therefore they want to make that day SPECIAL...so the location is the most important part, and if/when you LOOK AT THE LOCATION where Banky w had his wedding, you are certain about ONE THING: you could have never found a place like that in Nigeria, with the same backdrop, the same woah factor, the same setting. so YES, people should help by creating jobs in Africa but it doesnt mean they should lower their standards by doing so.

if Nigeria doesnt have what a man requires, then he certainly should NOT lower his standards to please deludued strangers.
just keep showing your stupid!ty on nairaland he make's his money in Nigeria then spend it in SA my brother can't you think there are better place in Nigeria that he can host his wedding after spending in SA he will still comeback here to hustle oga our elders talk say put your money where your mouth is

16 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by rattlesnake(m): 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2017
VERQUEST111:
Though most people might disagree with me on this, I strongly believe Oritsefemi should be given more credit than your favourite man, Banky W

I know Banky W and his wife, Adesua stole all the attention because of the class, but Oritsefemi gave a good account of himself as well. We were just too ‘blindfolded’ to see the things he did.

While Banky W went to South Africa to hold his white wedding, Oritsefemi didn’t abandon our beloved country. He understood that Nigeria was good enough for his wedding. He would have done the same since he has the money, but he felt most people won’t be able to witness his special day if he had taken it outside the country.

In a recent interview, when he was asked why he chose to do have his wedding in Nigeria, he said, “People who are very familiar with me know I am a man of the people. Most of my fans and friends reside in Nigeria and I want them to be part of my special day.” Is that not nice? He had the interests of his people at heart and he made sure he didn’t disappoint them.

Despite the noise and the elaborate wedding Oritsefemi did, he must have spent a lesser money than Banky W. Though it was gathered that Banky W’s white wedding in South Africa was a sponsored one, there is no proof.

If one imagines how much they spent to put everything together, the money may be enough to pay workers of a state for a month or more.
Since he did his wedding in Nigeria, all that Oritsefemi used in putting things together were gathered here. In a way, he provided jobs for the pretty ushers, hardworking waiters, event planners and others that provided services at his wedding.
But I don’t think anyone in Nigeria benefited from Banky W’s wedding to Adesua in SA. When he thinks of the cost of taking service providers to South Africa, he would rather stick to hiring South Africans.
Banky’s Groomsmen.

Also, remember that Orisefemi’s wedding was not different from a carnival. He was ready to feed everyone in Lagos. If you think it is easy to feed the number of people Oritsefemi fed, you may want to replicate his wedding.

How on earth did he convince an educated lady to marry a street boy who already had two children from two different women? That is amazing, as we all know that educated women prefer educated men.
u gat no job

3 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by Mercyclaire: 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2017
Joblessness.. Op hope he will pay you for this trash
Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by VERQUEST111: 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2017
rattlesnake:
u gat no job

buh you carry ur useless time to read it....I must say you also lack work...radarada

3 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by Pheals(f): 1:27am On Nov 30, 2017
oh God I waste time commenting on useless... father forgive me... this is yeyebrities matters
....me wey never wed

2 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by Tequilah: 3:12am On Nov 30, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

What did you just say here? "you could have never found a place like that in Nigeria, with the same backdrop, the same woah factor, the same setting." What?!! Beautiful backdrops and scenery abound in different parts of Nigeria, but many people simply do not know about it.

1). This small one here is Obudu in Cross-River State.

2). This one below is Tinapa Resort in Calabar.

3). The Gurara Waterfalls is also attached, and it is located nearly 3 kilometres off Minna-Suleja road and about 30 minutes drive from Abuja, the nation’s capital.

4). Just below, is the 245km Ibeno Beach, a little haven for leisure seekers, which has roaring waves, spots for sunbathing, unpolluted foliage of the mangrove forest, cool breeze from the water and a lush surrounding.

So which kind scenery or location dey for South Africa, wey no dey for Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by Desyner: 3:16am On Nov 30, 2017
Useless discussion.
Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by ibkkk(f): 3:51am On Nov 30, 2017
Tequilah:

What did you just say here? "you could have never found a place like that in Nigeria, with the same backdrop, the same woah factor, the same setting." What?!! Beautiful backdrops and scenery abound in different parts of Nigeria, but many people simply do not know about it.

3). The Gurara Waterfalls is also attached, and it is located nearly 3 kilometres off Minna-Suleja road and about 30 minutes drive from Abuja, the nation’s capital.

4). Just below, is the 245km Ibeno Beach, a little haven for leisure seekers, which has roaring waves, spots for sunbathing, unpolluted foliage of the mangrove forest, cool breeze from the water and a lush surrounding.

Wow! You tried. Clap for yourself!
They are nice scenes to behold.I loved that tinapa more!

2 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by Walexey(m): 6:56am On Nov 30, 2017
victoronyekwelu:
just keep showing your stupid!ty on nairaland he make's his money in Nigeria then spend it in SA my brother can't you think there are better place in Nigeria that he can host his wedding after spending in SA he will still comeback here to hustle oga our elders talk say put your money where your mouth is

Bros, is it your wedding or your money? See as you de Para shu. Funny enough if you controlled the same kinda wealth you may take yours to the Bahamas.

I for one will not fancy doing my wedding here in Nigeria because the farther away it is, the better the crowd control I would have.

Weddings are not designed to create jobs goddammit... So stop blasting Banky and allow him share more raunchy honeymoon snaps in peace.
Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by victoronyekwelu(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2017
Walexey:

Bros, is it your wedding or your money? See as you de Para shu. Funny enough if you controlled the same kinda wealth you may take yours to the Bahamas.

I for one will not fancy doing my wedding here in Nigeria because the farther away it is, the better the crowd control I would have.

Weddings are not designed to create jobs goddammit... So stop blasting Banky and allow him share more raunchy honeymoon snaps in peace.
yet another stupid talk you said weddings are not meant to created jobs oya now when its your time don't rent a hall or garden don't rent chairs or canopies don't buy food stuffs and don't pay for the cooking don't go and think.
Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by Jakasibo(m): 8:06am On Nov 30, 2017
Oya let the vote begin. .
LIKE for Oritsefemi and SHARE for Banky W

1 Like

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by Kobicove(m): 8:40am On Nov 30, 2017
Abeg make we hear word, the weddings don pass undecided
Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by Dasherz(f): 8:50am On Nov 30, 2017
That ibeno beach view is quite an exaggeration ... The beach is whack. AnD so not dev eloped poorly maintaned. And. Sure doesn't have beach houses. ... Don't. Doubt me. Cos I know. As I am. From. Akwa Ibom and ibeno beach is a pLace we go to. (family). Sometimes
Tequilah:

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:54am On Nov 30, 2017
Tequilah:

this is exactly what i am talking about, i guess you want him to have a wedding in the middle of that obudu road, abi?! or in a cheap amusement park?!? arrant nonsense!!!..... here you are putting picture of beautiful places of Nigeria, and while i can confirm that these places are beautiful, i certainly do not think they have the facilities to accomodate a classy wedding party, and make sure it isnt run down by unwanted onlookers and /or bloody armed robbers. you see, again, you are seeing things in a very small frame of mind, SA to Banky W is great location, exotic settings, fantastic scenery, great facilities to accommodate a wedding party within that same scenery, SAFETY, peace of mind that the place wont be run down by overzealous journalists and wannabe Linda Ikeji (aka useless bloggers) looking for a free pic to put on their blog, etc etc etc....

now pls, go back and read the bolded part and tell me if any of the places you mentionned can provide even half of that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by LessNoise: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2017
WHAT A STEWPID THREAD CARRY BANKU AND ORISA MATTER FOR YOUR HEAD TALKING ABOUT HOW ORISA PROVIDED JOBS FOR NIGERIANS AND HOW BANKU EXPORTED JOBS....BOTTOM LINE IS THEY ARE BOTH MARRIED

1 Like

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:04am On Nov 30, 2017
victoronyekwelu:

another deluded one, lol! so because a man makes his money in Nigeria, he must spend it there? do they build Iphones/Samsung in Nigeria? abi Brazilian hair or Nike shoes?! what you wrote is not only dumb, but certainly counter productive in life.... Banky W is an international artist, and do shows from Nigeria to the US. dont mistake him for them useless ones who never ever got an international passport, let alone an international gig. if it was ok for him todo gigs in SA and make money there, then i am sure it is ok for him to get married there, if thats what he chooses to do. you are a damn sheep if you will choose Nigeria, instead of choosing the BEST that you deem fit. everybody does it, even you...because i certainly doesnt see any of you HYPOCRITES buying/driving Innoson cars.
Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by victoronyekwelu(m): 10:33am On Nov 30, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

another deluded one, lol! so because a man makes his money in Nigeria, he must spend it there? do they build Iphones/Samsung in Nigeria? abi Brazilian hair or Nike shoes?! what you wrote is not only dumb, but certainly counter productive in life.... Banky W is an international artist, and do shows from Nigeria to the US. dont mistake him for them useless ones who never ever got an international passport, let alone an international gig. if it was ok for him todo gigs in SA and make money there, then i am sure it is ok for him to get married there, if thats what he chooses to do. you are a damn sheep if you will choose Nigeria, instead of choosing the BEST that you deem fit. everybody does it, even you...because i certainly doesnt see any of you HYPOCRITES buying/driving Innoson cars.
oga read your other comments and see if people agree with you stop being foolish
Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by prinsam30: 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

pls and pls receive sense na
Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by balaclava: 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

this is exactly what i am talking about, i guess you want him to have a wedding in the middle of that obudu road, abi?! or in a cheap amusement park?!? arrant nonsense!!!..... here you are putting picture of beautiful places of Nigeria, and while i can confirm that these places are beautiful, i certainly do not think they have the facilities to accomodate a classy wedding party, and make sure it isnt run down by unwanted onlookers and /or bloody armed robbers. you see, again, you are seeing things in a very small frame of mind, SA to Banky W is great location, exotic settings, fantastic scenery, great facilities to accommodate a wedding party within that same scenery, SAFETY, peace of mind that the place wont be run down by overzealous journalists and wannabe Linda Ikeji (aka useless bloggers) looking for a free pic to put on their blog, etc etc etc....

now pls, go back and read the bolded part and tell me if any of the places you mentionned can provide even half of that.

Ogbeni park well,

Calling someone arrant nonsense doesn't make u sensible neither does saying someone has a small frame of mind makes yours bigger.

All the vices u mentioned also abound in S.Africa.
All the good points u mentioned also abound in Nigeria.

Banky just took his decisions.
You will need to visit his mind to know why
Not all this points you mentioned.

Confirm!

2 Likes

Re: Why Oritsefemi’s Wedding “outshone” Banky W’s Wedding by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
victoronyekwelu:
oga read your other comments and see if people agree with you stop being foolish

do you really believe i give a damn what other people think?! i am telling you what I (MBJ) think.... thats MY opinion, take it or remain a follow follow sheep who needs everyone to warrant what you need to do in your life, instead of doing what YOU believe is right.

if a man decides he wants to drive a Benz rather than Innoson, then SO BE IT as he is the one who will drive that car everyday, same with where he wants to celebrate the most important day of his life. people who are quick to look down on what he did probably cant afford either the Benz or freely ship all his buddies to SA for a quick wedding party.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Tachas Brother Wore In This New Photoshoot / Dorathy Reacts After Fans Asked The Size Of Her Bra. PHOTOS / Meet Nigerian Billionaire Aliko Dangote Side Chick Who Just Called Him Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.