Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,457 members, 7,826,750 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Thread For Any Wordpress Issues - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Thread For Any Wordpress Issues (1132 Views)

Thread For International Remote Tech Jobs - US, UK, Canada, Germany, UAE... / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / Any Wordpress Theme Developer In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by carlosSeyi(m): 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
hi nairalanders I will be starting this thread for WordPress developers Feel free to ask any question as you will be replied to with absolute truth and integrity
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
carlosSeyi:
hi nairalanders I will be starting this thread for WordPress developers Feel free to ask any question as you will be replied to with absolute truth and integrity

Why is Wordpress highly coupled, using terrible patterns and not adhering to PHP FIG Standards. Thanks
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by carlosSeyi(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
pcguru1:

Why is Wordpress highly coupled, using terrible patterns and not adhering to PHP FIG Standards. Thanks
I don't concur with that...cos with mY very best knowledge it it adheres and infact that adherence makes it kind of easier for a lay man to handle
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
carlosSeyi:
I don't concur with that...cos with mY very best knowledge it it adheres and infact that adherence makes it kind of easier for a lay man to handle

Nope it doesn't support nor adhere to the PHP FIG Standards, here is a link to PHP FIG WordPress doesn't support it or follow it

http://www.php-fig.org/

I have developed heavily in WordPress and i must say it's the most terrible platform for Developers I have ever seen.

I just wanted to see how vast you are with WordPress and how you can manage to deal with such. And yes it's highly coupled
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by carlosSeyi(m): 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
pcguru1:

Nope it doesn't support nor adhere to the PHP FIG Standards, here is a link to PHP FIG WordPress doesn't support it or follow it

http://www.php-fig.org/

I have developed heavily in WordPress and i must say it's the most terrible platform for Developers I have ever seen.

I just wanted to see how vast you are with WordPress and how you can manage to deal with such. And yes it's highly coupled

Projects want forward motion, they
don't want to rewrite things that
already work, even if the results would
be better in the long run.
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by AdlatWorld(m): 9:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
Pls, a bit confused I have a project with 3subdomain. Don't know how to reconstruct d first page landing to the subdomains. Perdon my grammar
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 01, 2017
carlosSeyi:

Projects want forward motion, they
don't want to rewrite things that
already work, even if the results would
be better in the long run.

Actually that a valid point I think that's why they've decided to stick with the current structure a rewrite would be heavily costly and might mean loss of profit as it will break millions of site.
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
Guys how do I build my own plugins for my word press
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by carlosSeyi(m): 12:00am On Dec 02, 2017
pcguru1:

Actually that a valid point I think that's why they've decided to stick with the current structure a rewrite would be heavily costly and might mean loss of profit as it will break millions of site.
exactly... a larger % run on WordPress
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by carlosSeyi(m): 12:03am On Dec 02, 2017
wamiikechukwu:
Guys how do I build my own plugins for my word press
https://scotch.io/tutorials/how-to-build-a-wordpress-plugin-part-1
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by carlosSeyi(m): 12:06am On Dec 02, 2017
AdlatWorld:
Pls, a bit confused I have a project with 3subdomain. Don't know how to reconstruct d first page landing to the subdomains. Perdon my grammar
very easy.. just point the initial page to the landing page which is probably the sub domain you having issues with... for example.. you have a menu of HOME NEWS POLITICS and the politics page is a sub domain page on its own..you point the link politics to that sub domain
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 02, 2017
Re: Thread For Any Wordpress Issues by carlosSeyi(m): 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

Thanks but it seems i need to learn php first.
probably

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Export From Webpage To Excel? / I Want To Learn Web Development, Which Softwares Should I Download / Gain In Attending It Professional Schools Like Aptech, Niit Etc.???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.