Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties (29496 Views)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Break Any Of These Traffic Laws In Nigeria, See The Fines You Will Pay – FRSC / The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by AutoReportNG: 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
[img]https://2.bp..com/-K3glFL_Ijvg/Wh_pADujaKI/AAAAAAAAMdg/e2s4Jb2rmuY9E510sR6e-TD_UWJm42e8QCLcBGAs/s1600/Alausa.jpg[/img]

In the face of the law, there is no ignorance, once you commit an offence, you get the result immediately. The Lagos Traffic Law regime is designed to protect law-abiding road users. It is also designed to ensure that those who flout any of its stipulations are made to face the consequences of their action so that they can be reformed and join the law-abiding group.

Traffic offences are called Strict Liability Offences: you do the offence, you pay the consequence. However, the traffic management regime is not designed to empower officials of any agency of the State to molest, intimidate, extort or make a lawbreaker out of any Lagos resident/stakeholder through the demanding and giving of bribes so as to avoid unsavoury situations. These are the full list of the Lagos Traffic Offences and Penalties.

Credit:
Nigeria Lawyer

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/11/full-lists-of-lagos-state-traffic-laws.html

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by AutoReportNG: 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ignorance is not an excuse...

Na Number 10 fear me, what of men that hustle with their cars after work so as to get some extra cash, so their cars may be impounded if caught?

See more here..

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/11/full-lists-of-lagos-state-traffic-laws.html

1 Like

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by sorextee(m): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
Lagos people, take note. God knows I cannot stay there.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Samusu(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
Abeg this fines too heavy. Dem wan kill person?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Samusu(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
sorextee:
Lagos people, take note. God knows I cannot stay there.
wallahi me too

5 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Deprofessional(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
Please which one is hackney permit?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by planetzoom: 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
The govt of Ambode Under the supervision of tinubu is a repressive,oppressive and draconian government whose major preoccupation is to make life difficult for innocent hustling lagosians.This laws are obnoxious,totalitarian,nazist,and totally out of place.it must be reviewed or ambode should be ready for legal Actions

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Goke7: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
planetzoom:
The govt of Ambode Under the supervision of tinubu is a repressive,oppressive and draconian government whose major preoccupation is to make life difficult for innocent hustling lagosians.This laws are obnoxious,totalitarian,nazist,and totally out of place.it must be reviewed or ambode should be ready for legal Actions

we thought fashola was draconian, but Ambode has proved us wrong o

11 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by jaheymezz(m): 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2017
he concern person wey get car o
Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by gbaskiboy: 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
Deprofessional:
Please which one is hackney permit?
same here, i want to know
Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by ghiloman28(m): 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
NA REAL WAA
Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
Lagos State. Country of mad people. angry angry

1 Like

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by enemyofprogress: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2017
This penarities to ash now

2 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by jhydebaba(m): 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ambode wan kill mosquito with sledge hammer. Kwantunu.

4 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Quatermani: 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
nawa
Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by tete7000(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
Highly exploitative.

6 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by saydfact(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
19,20 is the number...... make i go upgrade
Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
This is serious. Anyway, it is noted.

1 Like

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by bigass(f): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
All of you shouting exploitative. I have been driving in Lagos for 15 years i have never been arrested for any offence, Know the rules and play by the rules. Dont look at the penalty look the offence.

Some offences in some countries can be up to 200k

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by djeezy(m): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2017
One way driving. 3 years hahaha. Let's assume you're a newbie and didn't know it's one way. Eating and driving with one hand 3 years. Politicians steal billions, plea bargain. Lol What do I know.

8 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by femi4: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2017
bigass:
All of you shouting exploitative. I have been driving in Lagos for 15 years i have never been arrested for any offence, Know the rules and play by the rules. Dont look at the penalty look the offence.

That does not mean you ve not violated any of the rules above

13 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by realmindz: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2017
This will create an avenue for the officers to exploit citizens.
enough intimidation, exploitation and bribery loading

3 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2017
Let's start with the leaders . . . .
No reason for any office holding officials to drive on wrong side of the road, if they do, all occupant of the car should be arrested

3 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by realmindz: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
bigass:

Driving one way sometimes isn't intentional, can be caused when one is new to a place.

So 3 years imprisonment isn't harsh??
This is Nigeria, many of these law enforcers are smiling already knowing the magnitude of exploitation and money they will make

5 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by MobilityExpress: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
How many politicians did Lagos State government sentence to 3 years in prison for stealing billions? shocked

7 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by weingeorge(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
In warri, delta state. It's the opposite of what you just listed. Driving one way on warri roads has become so common, that if you hit someone, the person driving one one way will be claiming right. grin

1 Like

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by MobilityExpress: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
Prison sentence for a traffic offense is simply nothing but madness! It is simply an infraction or misdemeanor. Why should someone be jailed for it? How many governors, politicians and civil servants have been jailed for not doing their jobs properly?

8 Likes

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by Lalaska(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
Government should also be held responsible for the following offences

1. Pothole laden roads - N1m or impeachment or both
2. Non functional traffic lights - N1m
3. Non functional street lights - N1m
4. Non availability of road signs - N500k
5. Non availability of pedestrian bridges - N1m
6. No availability of alternative routes - N1m

And alot more. Government also has a responsibility

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties by MobilityExpress: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
Abuse of power undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Man Dies In Fatal Motor Crash After Depositing His Late Sister (Photos) / Photos Of Apapa Port After Rainfall / First Lagos-Ibadan Container Train Sets Off From Apapa Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.