Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

جبران خليل جبران Khalil Gibran - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / جبران خليل جبران Khalil Gibran (2553 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

جبران خليل جبران Khalil Gibran by Orikinla(m): 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2007
Khalil Gibran (Arabic: جبران خليل جبران) was a unique artist, an extraordinary poet and gifted writer. He was one of the greatest poets of all time. And his most famous book The Prophet is the most popular book after the Holy Bible.

Khalil was born on January 6, 1883 in Bsharri, Lebanon and he passed on on April 10, 1931 in the United States where his universal genius blossomed and bloomed.

There are three books closest to my heart and soul, the Holy Bible, The Prophet and The Art of War by Sun Tzu. And these three books play active roles in my daily life as an artist, poet and writer.

Khalil Gibran's The Prophet inspired me to begin my work-in-progress The Last Prophet that I have been working on since 1984 to date.

If you have not read Khalil Gibran, then who have you read?
Re: جبران خليل جبران Khalil Gibran by Seun(m): 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2007
I don't understand the obsession with the art of war as a guide to peaceful living. It's very sick.
Re: جبران خليل جبران Khalil Gibran by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 29, 2007
Seun the pacifist.  wink

'Only the dead have seen the end of war' - Plato
Re: جبران خليل جبران Khalil Gibran by Ndipe(m): 12:18am On Oct 30, 2007
I think the most popular book after The Holy Bible is "Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan. It is even regarded in some quarters as the second best selling book in the world after The Holy Bible.

(1) (Reply)

Dhakiyah And Hayrah / My Dirty Friend:episode 10 / What's The Title Of The Book You're Currently Reading.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.