Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

3 Surprising Ways On How Losing Focus Helped Me To Achieve First Class - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Surprising Ways On How Losing Focus Helped Me To Achieve First Class (349 Views)

Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class / I Think Am Losing Focus / Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Surprising Ways On How Losing Focus Helped Me To Achieve First Class by dareal199(m): 1:19am On Dec 01, 2017
Could you believe it is actually good to lose focus when trying to achieve[b] first class? Here is why.
[/b]
In real sense, to achieve first class there is a need to be focused and single-minded in your pursuit. But in this case, what if I tell you not to focus really on what you want (which is first class). Will you oblige?

Wait a minute! Hope you are not getting this all wrong? When I say losing focus in this context, it does not necessarily translate to lacking direction or consistency in what you are doing. Losing focus in this context is more paradoxical than logical. It meant not focusing specifically on the objective (first class), but rather paying keen attention to the process and enjoying every bit of it. It meant focusing on acquiring knowledge which is the underlying objective of going to school.
I made first class by focusing on the process as against the end result which is what people ordinarily focus their attention on (the end result in this case is first class). In other words, to achieve first class or any success whatsoever in life, it is important to enjoy the process as much as the end results.
Now, back to the main agenda of this post. What are the long term benefits of paying attention to knowledge acquisition and how has that helped me?

It brings true Happiness

The best thing that can happen to a person in life is to be happy. And happiness can only be found by enjoying what you do. Imagine doing something every day without enjoying it. It will be so frustrating. That’s exactly what happens if you don’t enjoy what you do.
Thus, in your pursuit of bagging first class, it is very important you enjoy the process of acquiring knowledge otherwise your hope of achieving success will be dead on arrival. One thing that helped me in my academic pursuit is my irresistible appetite for knowledge and that helped me greatly. Don’t focus on the end result, pay attention to the process. That’s what brings true happiness.

It breeds knowledge versatility

Paying keen attention on acquiring knowledge will expand your appetite for knowledge and make knowledge a daily meal you can’t afford to miss. That’s what knowledge will turn you to. Trust me I know what I’m saying. At one point, I got so addicted to knowledge so much that there is no day that come by I won’t be thirsty of it. It became my second nature.
And this does not happen overnight. It was as a result of enjoying the process. Now, ask yourself. Why won’t I make first class? In fact, at this point, the objective is no longer about making first class, but about fulfillment and purposefulness.
At this juncture, I will like to strongly advise you to search for knowledge. It’s the hallmark of our very existence. When you have it, you have everything.

It made first class ‘piece of cake’

I wouldn’t expect anything less. I mean with my irresistible appetite for knowledge, having first class is the last thing on my agenda. It came almost automatically. It’s a bonus for hard work. But mind you, I wouldn’t suggest you replace first class as a reward for hard work as against it being just a bonus. It’s not and it can never.
A lot of people make the mistake of labeling first class as a reward. This is so untrue. To me, first class is just what I termed ‘academic glorification’. Nothing more; nothing less. However, it is also important to know that this just an opinion, thus, it is arguable - we must be looking at the same thing but from a different angle. But I will advise you to stick to what you believe.
On a conclusive note, achieve first class is no child’s play. But with a strong appetite for knowledge, you could be on your way to winning the big trophy. More than anything, I will advise you to enjoy the process and sometimes get a break. This is always half time in every game. Yes, you heard me. It’s a game.

Now it’s your Turn
Having made my own contribution, it’s your turn to fulfill your own side of the bargain. No one is an island of knowledge. Your contribution is as important as mine. After all, I might have missed something.

Enjoying this post? You will do yourself a lot of favour by clicking the link below for full details and other related posts.

https://www.scholarshipvilla.tk/how-to-become-a-scholar/

(1) (Reply)

Study In Cyprus International University / Meet Lady Who Got Pregnant At 17 Obtains Her Masters Degree At 24 / Course Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.