Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu (10252 Views)

Those Who Want Naira To Be ₦400 To Dollar Are Living In A Dream World - Moghalu / Disquiet In CBN As Cardoso Retires ‘Emefiele’s Directors’ / Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by princeade86(m): 10:49am On Dec 01, 2017
Jonathan described subsidy scam as ‘oily business’ – Saraki
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, said former President Goodluck Jonathan was never desperate for power, but got there by providence.
He stated this on Thursday in Abuja at the unveiling of a book titled, “On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan won and lost Nigeria,“ written by the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Mallam Bolaji Abudullahi.
Saraki, who was the chief host on the occasion, said “a country produces the kind of leadership it gets.’’
“I think it is us Nigerians, that produce the kind of leaders we get; no matter what you say about Jonathan, I don’t think he was someone who was desperate for power,“ he said.
He added that Jonathan was not someone that was prepared for leadership but became the President of the country either by “misfortune or fortune.“
Saraki added that it was unfortunate that Nigerians knew the right things to do, but would not do it but would keep playing the blame game.
Saraki, who expressed optimism that the book would be cherished by Nigerians going by its quality, used the occasion to share two experiences he had with Jonathan.
The Senate President said, “I like to share one or two things that will probably summarise the former President Jonathan. I remember when I was then a PDP senator and I came across this issue of fuel subsidy and the way the country was losing close to about N1.3tn.
“In the history of this country, I don’t think of any singular kind of level of corruption as huge as that. I had a motion already that I wanted to present on the floor of the Senate. But I felt as a member of the ruling party at that time, it was only proper I discussed it with the President (first) maybe some action can be taken so that I can step down the motion.
He added, “I booked an appointment to see Mr. President and I went with my paper.
“I started with the background of how people brought in petroleum products. I said Mr. President, in the past, people use to get award letters from the NNPC to bring in PMS, DPK, and make 10, 20 per cent profit. I said sir, they’ve taken it to another level, now, and they get an order to bring in products and they don’t want to make 10 or 20 per cent any more.
“They will get an offer to bring in a cargo of 20,000 litres they will bring in 5,000 litres but stamped it for 20,000 litres and instead of making 10 per cent; they make ten times the amount. I was telling the President thinking the President will get very agitated, but he only said, ‘Senator Saraki, you know this oil business is very oily.”’
The Senate President said he was stunned.
Saraki, however, conceded that that was the kind of person the then President was.
While recalling the second encounter, Saraki said, “The second encounter I will recollect was the day I decided I am going to contest to be President. I felt that I didn’t want Jonathan to hear it as news.
“I booked an appointment to see him. I went to the Villa and he said ‘come in, come in. how can I help you? I looked at the President of a third world country and said Mr. President I came to tell you that I am going to be contesting for your seat.
“Jonathan looked at me and said ‘oh, okay, good luck, good luck.’ If it were any other person may be I would not have left the Villa but that again sums up Goodluck Jonathan.”
The Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima, who was the chairman on the occasion, said Jonathan squandered the unprecedented goodwill he enjoyed at the beginning of his Presidency to the calibre of persons he surrounded himself with as well as a series of terrible choices he made.
Abdullahi challenged those who had a different perspective to write their own accounts
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by Appliedmaths(m): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2017
sarrki:

Gej interfered Alot

It was during Gej tenure that you can sign on a paper to collect billions from cbn

For real guy, are you being paid to defend PMB or you're just doing it out of your free will and love for the man?

1 Like

Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by seniwellsFX: 10:53am On Dec 01, 2017
sarrki:

Simple English you can't interprete

Let me help you here

Pmb never interfere

Gej did he sacked sanusi, he allowed niinsance to interfere in their affairs

hahaaa.. this robot abi person called sarki. Your own don finish oo...u are completely gone. I doubt if you are anywhere close to being quarterly normal as a human or robot. Them dey talk about CBN under buhari,u don skip as usual go bring in GEJ. I guess u didn't read the part were he said that CBN under sanusi is completely different from CBN under emefile. U really need deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by FarahAideed: 11:01am On Dec 01, 2017
only a person with extreme low IQ wont know Buhari was 100 percent responsible for the recession. .. It shall never be well with Buhari and the useless person that recruited him into the Army when he was unqualified

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by seguno2: 11:04am On Dec 01, 2017
princeade86:
Jonathan described subsidy scam as ‘oily business’ – Saraki

The same Jonathan who cancelled subsidies in 2012 or another person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by obailala(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2017
[quote author=AishaBuhari post=62877673][/quote]Sorry I'm not joining you down there..
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by Lomprico2: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2017
We know na, buhari looted tru cbn immediately he entered dats y we entered recession and he then heaped d blame on gej.
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by grandstar(m): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2017
This is a jab at Buhari who fixed the exchange rate at 197 to a $1 upon ascending power.

He famously said,"I don't see how devaluation helped anybody". It is akin to saying , I don't see how 1. +1 =2 ever helped anybody. His economics is lamentable.

1 Like

Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by adeoba2008(m): 11:19am On Dec 01, 2017
dodelight:
I've always known that. But APC Lords and e-rats would rather blame previous administration.

Who Appointed Emefiele if I may ask?
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by jetroolowole(m): 11:19am On Dec 01, 2017
Firefire:

I laugh at your sense of humor making mockery of your paymaster. grin

He stated , “ The central bank that was led by his royal highness (Emir of Kano , Muhammadu Sanusi II) [b] is not what we are seeing today . We have seen a lot of interference in the work of the central bank and I say that that was a very important factor that led to the massive recession that we have experienced in this economy." [/b]I think you are the one misfiring here. Who fire Sanusi? Try and read between the line. He didn't mention the period that such interference occur but it is also possible that the present administration leave the status quo as they met it.

The olodo president with NEPA certificate interfering with matter beyond his knowledge. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by Bolster(m): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2017
I read it all and I was looking examples of political interference but the hater couldn't list some. He talks about lack of CBN Board. Funny, because despite existence of the Board during GEJ Sanusi was still sacked or if you like suspended without due process, isn't that political interference?

I was expecting the guy to list when CBN wanted a policy thrust but Buhari decided against it or when Ministry of Finance and CBN were fighting over policy thrust to move the economy forward.

But again disgruntled elements of the society are entitled to their freedom of speech.
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by sarrki(m): 11:32am On Dec 01, 2017
Appliedmaths:

For real guy, are you being paid to defend PMB or you're just doing it out of your free will and love for the man?

Am a patriot
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by emmie14: 11:42am On Dec 01, 2017
sarrki:

Let me help you here

Pmb never interfere

Can you read..."He stated , “ The central bank that was led by his royal highness (Emir of Kano , Muhammadu Sanusi II) IS NOT WHAT WE ARE SEEING TODAY . We have seen a lot of interference in the work of the central bank and I say that that was a very important factor that led to the massive recession that we have experienced in this economy" he said clearly...not not what we seeing today. Today . Today.today and today again.
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by laliga01: 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
sarrki:

Let me help you here

Pmb never interfere

Sarrki the e-rat...
Double twale for you.
You never disappoint as expected.
Zombie at its pick, it's always in you.
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by zoedew: 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
If you resigned in protest the message was sure to be more impactful.
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by Appliedmaths(m): 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
sarrki:

Am a patriot

I disagree with you my friend, I'm a good follower of Gej and when he started missing it I openly criticised him on some failed policies, that's what patriots do.

A patriot would not coin the truth just to defend his or her hero, PMB's scorecard in all sectors of the economy would be fortunate to score a 3/10 and here you are twisting the obvious truth not only on this topic but on various topics.

It has gone beyond partisanship, we want a better Nigeria for once , can't you see the plot? These guys are on a caucus PDP + APC and they keep rotating the nations wealth amongst themselves while some of us defend them as if we are getting paid, even if we are getting paid we are at Cross roads and we have to do the right stuff now and stop twisting the obvious truth.
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by freeze001(f): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
Firefire:
All thanks to the dullardeen in-charge.

Let us wait for the reaction of the irredeemable Zone-Bs...

See one:

imhotep:
Political anti-Igbo Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu

----fixed

Another one, even accusing someone of not understanding English yet the Zone B own na waya:

sarrki:

Let me help you here

Pmb never interfere

1 Like

Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by Opeyemi4real(m): 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
sarrki:

Let me help you here

Pmb never interfere

Who did this to you for God sake? Why is your dumbness soaring every day?

Let me add this to it maybe you will receive some senses, Buhari dissolved Council of Nigerian Mining Engineers and Geoscientists ( COMEG) board since 2015 and till date he has not constituted another board making it impossible for the council to issue out certificates to members since then and they won't tell you about it until you have paid the 30k reg fee.

You can always shut up when you have nothing meaningful to say uncle Shaki(cow towel)
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by Dollabiz: 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2017
Tru
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by anonimi: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by ogbeniolola: 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ode!.....Learn to read in between lines! Moghalu was referring to the political interference that removed Jonathan and Moghalu himself when Jonathan was still holding sway!
dodelight:
I've always known that. But APC Lords and e-rats would rather blame previous administration.
Re: Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu by uzomagic(m): 1:07am On Dec 07, 2017
This is not true in any way

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banking Reform: More Workers To Lose Jobs / Demolition: 6,000 Traders To Lose Shops At Kaduna’s Unguwan Rimi Market / IMF Cuts Nigeria Growth Forecast Yet Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.