Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Most Disgusting Foods In The World - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Disgusting Foods In The World (1529 Views)

Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! / Some Disgusting Things Chinese People Eat. / Passengers Shares Most Disgusting Meals Served By Airlines On Flights(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Disgusting Foods In The World by earthsync(f): 11:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Food. Food is great, really to the human body, gives strength and most importantly satisfies our hunger.

There are foods, just by the looks and aroma of them makes us zombified and makes our stomachs rumble and then there are foods that makes you go "what the..." wondering to your self if it is indeed humans like you that eat them.

lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by earthsync(f): 11:36am On Dec 01, 2017
Bird Nest Soup

This delicacy is common in the Asian culture and is also believed to be medicinal, which helps in digestion, he's to strengthen the immune system and perhaps get a high libido. These nests used is made from the saliva of the edible nest swiflet. So it's basically drinking a bowl of bird's saliva, which probably tastes good?

1 Like

Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by earthsync(f): 11:43am On Dec 01, 2017
Kiviak

This is a traditional cuisine famous among the Greenlanders. Over 500 auks are packed into seals skin then sealed with seals fats which prevents flies from getting near it. It is then buried under stones with a large slate hovering over it to prevent air then allowed to ferment over a course of three months then eaten during occasions like weddings and birthdays.

Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by earthsync(f): 11:49am On Dec 01, 2017
Balut

This is a street food which you could find in the streets of the Philippines. It is made from fertilized duck eggs. The egg is then boiled and and eaten from the shell.

Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by earthsync(f): 11:54am On Dec 01, 2017
Shirako

This is gotten from a fish Instruments which contains sperms. It is consumed fried or dried and also considered a money saver.

1 Like

Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by earthsync(f): 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
Century Egg

This food origin is in China and it's made from the eggs of ducks, chickens or quails. They are preserved in a mixture of clay, ash, salt, quicklime and rice hulls for several weeks to months depending on the method used in preserving it. It looks like spoilt eggs also taste good, but no thank you!

Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by TheLogicalMind(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
kiss

I vomit in seven colours

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by earthsync(f): 12:05pm On Dec 01, 2017
Sannakji

This is made from the arms of octopus and is a cuisine amongst the Koreans. It is eaten raw and sprinkle with sesame oil and seeds. Due to the octopus arms moving after being killed, this dish is to be ate with caution so as to avoid chocking which could lead to death

1 Like

Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by papaput2(m): 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
I am going to pass no matter how hungry I am nah..
Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by earthsync(f): 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
TheLogicalMind:
kiss

I vomit in seven colours

grin

1 Like

Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by seunny4lif(m): 3:42am On Dec 02, 2017
earthsync:
Century Egg

This food origin is in China and it's made from the eggs of ducks, chickens or quails. They are preserved in a mixture of clay, ash, salt, quicklime and rice hulls for several weeks to months depending on the method used in preserving it.
This one na world egg shocked
Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by earthsync(f): 3:55am On Dec 02, 2017
seunny4lif:
This one na world egg shocked
lol ancient egg grin
Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by Unlimited22: 8:44am On Dec 02, 2017
Confirmed foodie.
Thanks but no thanks though, I'll pass.
Imagine!!!!
Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by seunny4lif(m): 4:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
grin grin
earthsync:

lol ancient egg grin
Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by phiszo(m): 7:12am On Dec 04, 2017
Amala
Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by pretty16(f): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2017
The people eating this are really trying.
Re: Most Disgusting Foods In The World by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 06, 2017
I so don't want to be rude.....but wow shocked
I was slowly scrolling down...half covering my eyes...quite scary.
Ummm....in a situation of starvation, I guess these delicacies would be delectable.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jabi Lake Abuja. Experience At The Beautiful Man Made Lake. / Career Path (having Japa Plans In Mind) / Man says he would rather remain a refugee in Ukraine than returning to Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.