Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River (48806 Views)

Ayiri Emami Kneels Before Olu Of Warri (Photos) / Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho / Ayiri Emami Offers Coke, Fanta, Sardines And Bread To River Goddess -photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Efewestern: 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
Realhommie:
I see "Ugbolokposo Town, Warri" there.. The boat decorated with yellow. How is Ugbolokposo town in Warri, or is Effurun now Warri?

Where they are in Effurun they even dragged the place.. Mtcheeeeeeeew

Ugbomro, Ebrumede peninsula were ceded to them in 1976, With the help of the police & Government urhobos were unable to do anything .
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Realhommie(m): 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
nowpresence:

it's an uvwie town, the ishekiri stole it.
I know too well, my dad is partly from the community opposite, just across the express. My mum is full blooded Uvwie from Effurun.

The Itsekiri's dey too troublesome when e reach land matter. Greedy set of people

NOTE: Not that i hate them ooo, far from it.. Just don't like their ways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by scholes0(m): 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
pankere:
Yoruba Translations
Olu- Head
Okunkpikpa- ( Okun pupa)Red Sea
Ologbotsere- Carrier of thin staff ( a title originating in yoruba land and also in benin)
Ogaime- (Oga omi) head of the waters

Bonus
Ayiri- erm.... lipsrsealed

Ayiri means Praise
Iyin in Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Efewestern: 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
scholes0:

80% maybe sha.

But in Warri gan-gan maybe 20%

you can say "Old warri", but urhobo land is still more than that, Development is fast spreading into Uvwie and okpe which are 100% Urhobo.

So make we see hw them one take claim am.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by chloride6: 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
prynsex:

see you life in the party

Yoruba translation eh?
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by scholes0(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
Efewestern:

you can say "Old warri", but urhobo land is still more than that, Development is fast spreading into Uvwie and okpe which are 100% Urhobo.

So make we see hw them one take claim am.

Have itsekiris ever claimed ownership of those places?
So what are you saying

Although I know there are some itsekiri villages in the Sapele and Ethiope area.

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Realhommie(m): 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
Efewestern:

Ugbomro, Ebrumede peninsula were ceded to them in 1976, With the help of the police & Government urhobos were unable to do anything .

They were very enlightened then, they used that influence.. The Itsekiri's are very learned people.

But they can't lay claim to Ugbomro/Ebrumede anymore, dem no fit try am sef.. Their boundary na from that Ugbolokposo junction to the high tension by Okoribi.. Na there e end and na our people lose guard that's why.

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Efewestern: 5:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
scholes0:

Have itsekiris ever claimed ownership of those places?
So what are you saying

Although I know there are some itsekiri villages in the Sapele and Ethiope area.

bit by bit Uvwie territory are been claimed every year, last three years okpe youth clashed with the same itsekiri.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Efewestern: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
Realhommie:
They were very enlightened then, they used that influence.. The Itsekiri's are very learned people.

But they can't lay claim to Ugbomro/Ebrumede anymore, dem no fit try am sef.. Their boundary na from that Ugbolokposo junction to the high tension by Okoribi.. Na there e end and na our people lose guard that's why.

they also got the backing of the south western media, we still haven't forgotten what awolowo did, Truth is the urhobos are not united, we only know how to stab each other.

the ijaws are currently encroaching into our land in Aladja axis, yet nobody talking about it.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by writeprof(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
doctimonyeka:
In this jet age, people still worship idol.... Smh..

what do you want them to worship bros? The internet?smiley

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by InvertedHammer: 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
Whether you have 10 Ph.Ds or you are a Forbes' list millionaire or a world renowned scientist, as long as you are from Warri...Ayiri is your king. grin grin

Nigeria sef.

/
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Realhommie(m): 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
Efewestern:

they also got the backing of the south western media, we still haven't forgotten what awolowo did, Truth is the urhobos are not united, we only know how to stab each other.

the ijaws are currently encroaching into our land in Aladja axis, yet nobody talking about it.
You're right, the Urhobo's aren't United..

Isn't it the state govt that should settle the land dispute btw the Ijaws and the Urhobo's in Aladja? What are they doing about it coz there's been so much killing going on there lately? And what role is the UPU playing or are they only interested in politics and not the welfare of it's people?

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by scholes0(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
Efewestern:

bit by bit Uvwie territory are been claimed every year, last three years okpe youth clashed with the same itsekiri.

Where in Uvwie
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Realhommie(m): 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
InvertedHammer:
Whether you have 10 Ph.Ds or you are a Forbes' list millionaire or a world renowned scientist, as long as you are from Warri...Ayiri is your king. grin grin

Nigeria sef.

/
There are other ethnic groups in Warri, you say "as long as you're Itsekiri" instead.. And he's only the kings deputy, he's not a king..

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by nextstep(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
Holuwahyomzzy:
This is a warning to other teams, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE "FEARLESS" SUPER EAGLES come Russia 2018..Give us Germany, Brazil we dont care..

Where's that meme of lion roaring on internet, but cat cowering in real life? grin
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Efewestern: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2017
Realhommie:
You're right, the Urhobo's aren't United..

Isn't it the state govt that should settle the land dispute btw the Ijaws and the Urhobo's in Aladja? What are they doing about it coz there's been so much killing going on there lately? And what role is the UPU playing or are they only interested in politics and not the welfare of it's people?

what did the state government do during the warri crises?, forget about UPU, they are not representing at all at all.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Realhommie(m): 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
Efewestern:

what did the state government did during the warri crises?, forget about UPU, they are not representing at all at all.
Na wa ooo.. It is well
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Efewestern: 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
scholes0:

Where in Uvwie
Ugbolokposo area.. that land belongs to uvwie.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by nowpresence(f): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
Realhommie:
I know too well, my dad is partly from the community opposite, just across the express. My mum is full blooded Uvwie from Effurun.

The Itsekiri's dey too troublesome when e reach land matter. Greedy set of people

NOTE: Not that i hate them ooo, far from it.. Just don't like their ways.
totally agree with you

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by marvin902(m): 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
doctimonyeka:
can't you comment without insulting someone Or don't I have a right to express myself

you deserve the insult.
must you asslick the west and let them walk on us..
I know you have the brains to know that idol worshipping isn't only related to Nigeria and Africa as a whole buh you seem to turn a blind eye to that and choose to castigate your own country undecided

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by scholes0(m): 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
Efewestern:

Ugbolokposo area.. that land belongs to uvwie.

Ugbolokposo is an Itsekiri dominated area in Uvwie same way Okere Urhobo is an Urhobo enclave in Warri South.
The entire area is interlinked bros.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
doctimonyeka:
can't you comment without insulting someone Or don't I have a right to express myself

you dont hVe the right to poke your nose in what others worship. especially those who were worshiping way before u started bowing to the that dead jesus man idol.

if you have the guts pick on the muslims and question them. you wont even be alive. stop picking on those who have tolerated your imported bullshyts for long enough.

#ProudlyTraditionalistPAGAN

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by bedspread: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

your dead jew called jesus is not god almighty. hes an idol too a jewish man.

the idols are just material representations of the Spiritual Forces. we worship the GODS through idols. not the idol itself!

dont display your ignorance here. it is disgusting!
" ONLY A FOOL HAS SAID THERE IS NO GOD"
THE DAY UR BREATH SEIZES U WILL KNOW , UNDERSTAND AND REALIZE THAT THERE IS A GOD..
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by bedspread: 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

Says your bible because you are a christian and have swallowed everything you were told in pretty much the same fashion Boko Haram members have swallowed theirs.

China, Korea , Japan , Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia have a different opinion.

I'm sure to you they would all go to hell on "that day" because God is that wicked senior in secondary school whose main purpose in life is to torment the junior ones.

You guys really need to go cold turkey.

Forgo your "holy books" for one year and carry out some introspection and philosophizing and see how you feel about these man-made teachings.
EVERY BEING ON EARTH WHETHER WHITE, BLACK, ASIAN, EUROPEAN, AFRICAN, WE ALL WERE CREATED BY GOD.. THOSE U CHATTING WITH WERE PUT THERE BY GOD. WHETHER U BELIEVE IT OR NOT, YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, YOU ARE A CREATION OF GOD ALMIGHTY.... and TO HIM U WILL REPORT TO ONCE U DROP DEAD...
THAT LIFE U HV WAS FIXED THERE BY GOD ALMIGHTY....
THE EARLIER U REALIZE THE BETTER GOR U.
BUT ONE SURE FACT IS THAT U MUST APPEAR BEFORE HIM GOD ALMIGHTY TO GIVE ACCOUNT OF UR LIFE...
HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WOULD DECIDE UR FATE...
IF U MISS HEAVEN, U CANNOT MISS HELL
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by scholes0(m): 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
Efewestern:

The way people talk about South western or Yoruba media in this country ehn? Lol
You will start wondering if the others don’t have media as well- abi na only Yoruba dey do media?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by jolomiurenyi(m): 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
buJu234:
I think the ijaws and uhrobo are not wrong after all.

The olu of itsekiri main domain is not warri city, its ode-itsekiri aka big warri, which is in the riverine and its different from the warri city.

The pictures above have confirmed it.

Warri belong to both itsekiri, ijaw, and urhobo so u guys should live together in peace.

Mind you " OLU OF WARRI"

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by jolomiurenyi(m): 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
Efe Western when it comes to Itsekiri matter your body is always strong..... i've being watching you from a distance..... the Itsekiris are loving and caring people......

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by bakynes(m): 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
scholes0:

The way people talk about South western or Yoruba media in this country ehn? Lol
You will start wondering if the others don’t have media as well- abi na only Yoruba dey do media?
Why are you Jealous of Yorubas,Majority of the media house in Nigeria is located in the SW, so it will have Majority Yoruba participation.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by doctimonyeka(m): 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

you dont hVe the right to poke your nose in what others worship. especially those who were worshiping way before u started bowing to the that dead jesus man idol.

if you have the guts pick on the muslims and question them. you wont even be alive. stop picking on those who have tolerated your imported bullshyts for long enough.

#ProudlyTraditionalistPAGAN
Don't ever quote me again..
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Nlandking: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
scholes0:
Okun Kpikpa

Red sea cheesy

And the river looks truly reddish.

Warri (The town) was actually a colonial era town built by the Btitish from scratch) So originally traditionally speaking it should have no paramount king in the strictest sense (so to speak)- a situation similar to Kaduna, Jos or Enugu.

Kaduna for example has no traditional emirate being a colonial era settlement, but is built on land traditionally under the control of the Emirate of zazzau (based further north in Zaria)

In the same light-

The original land on which the first and oldest/original part of the city of Warri was built- i.e where the city started out from was within the Itsekiri cultural area- so, it is under the Olu’s purview- Although as a colonial era town, the traditional palace of the Olu was not inside the town- The town derived its bame from the word “Iwerre” the traditional name of the Itsekiris.

Although warri metropolis has now spread to the neighboring urhobo local governments of Udu and Uvwie.
Ijaws have the weakest link to the actual city- and I am still trying to understand what their own claim hinges on. The Itsekiris and the Urhobos, we can all understand.

God bless you for this clarification
God bless Iwere...

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Pdizzle(m): 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
rich culture!

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River by Efewestern: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
scholes0:

You no go understand.. do you really think Yoruba will support ijaw or urhobo over itsekiri?, I was reading an article some time ago and if you see how the writer painted the whole story fear go catch you.

He wrote it as if urhobos are demon why itsekiris are angel.. sure it's a Yoruba media.. will help with the link later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ogunwusi And His Wife, Wuraola In USA. Updates!!! Lots Of Pictures / Alaafin Of Oyo Celebrates His 77th Birthday With Youngest Wife (Photos) / Emir Sanusi Searching For Ramadan Moon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.