Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century (12600 Views)

Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa / First Families Of Nigerian States.(pics) / First Families Of The World.(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by hermosa(f): 9:28am On Mar 28, 2010
I'd love to know your own take on which family has being consistently on the top 10 from the beginning of the 21st century and who they are and what they do and their value.
thanks,
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 28, 2010
2000-2010: Family in the news, not personality.
1, Babangida family: Recurring name in presidential aspiration; death of Maryam; Aisha's marriage to Zamfara guvnor
2, Yar'adua family: Not only by virtue of being the presidential family, but also the many mention of Turai and her dughters almsot on minute basis. Now Murtala, another family member is in teh news.
3, Saraki family: Son (Bukola) bestrides Nigeria's political firmament as one of the most influential personality; father(Olusola) still in the news as ever; daughter(Gbemisola) also always in the news, if not rumours of her gubernatorial ambition, her affairs in the Senate
4, Jonathan family:: Everybody knows Patience, not that active as she is. She is also sometimes in the news. The debate on who is teh First Lady between her and Turai when GJ ascended acting Presidency. Needless to talk about the husband.
5, Uba family: News, news, news everyday, if not on Andy, on Chris.
6, Ibru family: The family has always been in the news, but doubly so recently, thanks or no thanks to Cecilia. The whole family were in the news when they were also reported to have vowed to invoke their ancestors on Sanusi
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by slap1(m): 11:53am On Mar 28, 2010
The Kosovo and Seun family have also been in the news recently. . . so also have our mad brethren, Becomricch.
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by SapeleGuy: 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2010
Why not try Ovation magazine - their devotion to psychophancy is unlimited.
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by DisGuy: 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2010
Not surprised to see Mr Jarus here at all!!

Are you a budding biographer?

please move this to the celebrity section!
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by invisible2(m): 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2010
My family, our invisibility has been making national headlines.
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2010
Dis Guy:

Not surprised to see Mr Jarus here at all!!

Are you a budding biographer?

please move this to the celebrity section!
grin grin
and that will not be bad o grin
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by hermosa(f): 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2010
what about M.K.O Abiola's family? they are in the news too non?
and what about sara wiwa's family with their case versus shell? they appear in the news too.
do you guys think they have been influential too?
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by RoadStar: 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2010
The only true dynasty is the Ibru family.

Micheal Ibru (Olorogun himself)
Felix Ibru (First executive governor of delta state)
Alex Ibru (Editor in Cheif/ Proprietor Guardian newspapers ltd)
Goddie Ibru (Federal Palace Hotels)
Oscar Ibru (Chairman sheraton hotels and towers)
Cecilia Ibru (Former MD Ocenic Bank ltd)

More to come !

THE IBRU GROUP

IBRU SEAFOODS LIMITED
ADEN RIVER ESTATES LIMITED,
AEROCONTRACTORS NIGERIA LIMITED,
COMPLANT ENGINEERING SALES AND SERVICES LIMITED,
EMSEE SHIPPING LINE LIMITED,
IBACHEM (IBAFON CHEMICALS) LIMITED, IBAFON OIL LIMITED,
IBRON NIGERIA LIMITED,
IBRU MERCHANDISE 33 LIMITED,
IKEJA HOTELS PLC (LAGOS SHERATON AND FEDERAL PALACE HOTELS),
SOCIETE BENINOISE DE PRODUITS DE MER (SOBEPROM),
ZABADNE AND COMPANY LIMITED, OSADJERE FISHING COMPANY LIMITED,
MARINE HARVEST LIMITED, SPIBAT NIGERIA LIMITED, RUTAM MOTORS LIMITED,
NITREC LIMITED, OCEANIC BANK INTERNATIONAL PLC,
AQUAMARINE FINANCE AND SECURITIES LIMITED, QUEENS PETROLEUM COMPANY OF (NIG) LIMITED,
GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER LIMITED, EXPRESS PROCESSING AND PACKAGING LIMITED, WASKAR LIMITED,
MITCHELL FARMS, NIGERIAN HARDWOOD COMPANY (NIG) LIMITED, F. STEINER & COMPANY LIMITED,
BLUE WATER MARINE, DELTA FREEZE LIMITED, LILLESHALL (NIG) LIMITED, SUPERBRU LIMITED, W.F. CLARKE (NIG) LIMITED,
BOARDROOM SERVICES LIMITED, MINET NIGERIA LIMITED (Insurance Brokers), ATLANTIC ESTATES LIMITED,
SOCIETE CAMEROUNAISE DE PRODUITS DE MER-SCPM DOUALA.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by hermosa(f): 1:02am On Mar 30, 2010
WHOA!! The Ibrus' have it all!!! Do you think they'll ever run for presidents and win? and what about the hausa communitee? aren't they suppose to be the ones with all the wealth and power too?
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by sjeezy8: 1:40am On Mar 30, 2010
the ibrus are enjoying and the babes well some of the daughters are toooo FINE.

I would add yaraduas on their aswell
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by mamagee3(f): 1:44am On Mar 30, 2010
Tony Ezenna's Family-This is a Billionaire and also the Owner of Orange Drugs Limited, which produces toiletries and medecine.
Yaradua's Family- This was the former Katsina Governor and also the former president of Nigeria, his family is known to be one of wealth even before he went into Office.

These are the two that I know make their money honestly.
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by hermosa(f): 8:48am On Mar 30, 2010
keep it comin people, very interestin', grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by SEFAGO(m): 9:01am On Mar 30, 2010
sefago family hehe
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by Spyker: 11:33am On Mar 30, 2010
We have suddenly forgotten the [size=8pt]Obasanjo family[/size].
Baba, his daughter in house of Reps, his sons divorce case. Ha, if you don't include Mr. controversy, then you have not started.
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by hermosa(f): 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2010
We have suddenly forgotten the Obasanjo family.
Baba, his daughter in house of Reps, his sons divorce case. Ha, if you don't include Mr. controversy, then you have not started.

Yeah, i guess Obasanjo should be in the list, he and his family have been on the news a lot, specially now.
I need hausa families too,
you guys know any undecided
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by hermosa(f): 6:49am On May 05, 2010
thanks to all the people who contributed i finally have my list
here you go ppl:

1, Babangida family: Even though nothing happened while he was in power, their family is pretty much very influential in the political world (hate to say this but he might be the next president, whether we vote for him or not)
2, Yar'adua family: Constantly in the news. You name it, they own it! hehe
3, Saraki family: Son (Bukola) bestrides Nigeria's political firmament as one of the most influential personality; father(Olusola) still in the news as ever; daughter(Gbemisola) also always in the news, if not rumours of her gubernatorial ambition, her affairs in the Senate
4. Dangote: We all know we use Dangote sugar for our tea and make our cake with Dangote flour!
5, Uba family: News, news, news everyday, if not on Andy, on Chris! lol!
6, Ibru family: The family has always been in the news, but doubly so recently, thanks or no thanks to Cecilia. The whole family were in the news when they were also reported to have vowed to invoke their ancestors on Sanusi!
7. Mike Adenuga's family: He's got Glo and ETbank and almost had us going with Beyonce attending his daughter's wedding (even if it didn't happen, it was still in the news, thas was i call 'power')
8. Tony Ezenna: Owner of Orange ltd
9. Obasanjo's Family: He and his family are here to stay,
10, dunno his name but the guy who owns Ovation magazine. Here he's in the 2011 presidential race.
there you go
what do you guys think?
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by ayettymama(f): 8:04am On May 05, 2010
Lol u guys are funny not the top politicians muppets!! The most prestigous families in naija has to be the kuti's!!!! Everyone home and abroad know abt the kuti's have have generational acheivements!!
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by hermosa(f): 3:54pm On May 05, 2010
Kuti Family brought Afro beats out. agreed. and wat else, how influential are they?
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by ayettymama(f): 4:01pm On May 05, 2010
they are everywhere- its a family of political activitsts kaiii i hope u are one ajebutta oyibo postin from jand somewhere oo angry angry angry angry
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by hermosa(f): 4:12pm On May 05, 2010
@ayettemama lmao, not sure bout the ajebotta part but i am posting from china, still, The Kuti's? or mayb u could like give me a list of what they've done and where?
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by Freiburger(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2010
ayettymama:

Lol u guys are funny not the top politicians muppets!! The most prestigous families in naija has to be the kuti's!!!! Everyone home and abroad know abt the kuti's have have generational acheivements!!

The only good thing u 've said since u became a member of Nl,
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by coolier(f): 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2010
invisible!:

My family, our invisibility has been making national headlines.

Nice one.
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by tpia99: 5:53am On Jan 03, 2015
hermosa:
I'd love to know your own take on which family has being consistently on the top 10 from the beginning of the 21st century and who they are and what they do and their value.
thanks,

No idea, besides the political families.
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by tpia99: 5:55am On Jan 03, 2015
hermosa:
not sure bout the ajebotta part but i am posting from china, still, The Kuti's? or mayb u could like give me a list of what they've done and where?

Music, social commenters, health field, radicals, etc.
Re: Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century by tpia99: 5:57am On Jan 03, 2015
hermosa:
keep it comin people, very interestin', grin grin grin

Why do you want to know btw?

(1) (Reply)

Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? / Truly , I'm Giving Up On Life / True Confession: I Caught My Uncle’s Wife Having Sex With The Gateman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.