Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,628 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:47 PM

Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe (2027 Views)

Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection / The Most Important Type of Tithe / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe by OkaiCorne(m): 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The answer is given in John 14:26. He is the greater teacher that explains the Bible more

Of course, the Holy Spirit is the great teacher, that's why I am asking you these questions;

1) You tithers passionately supporting this doctrine of monetary tithing...I wonder why you cannot clearly quote from the scriptures exactly what God instructed to be tithed...is it 10% of all your income OR 10% of crops and livestock?

2) You monetary tithers and tithe collectors keep hiding under the cover of Matthew 23 v 23 to blackmail Jesus on the fact that He supports tithing in the Church.

(a) Did you realize that the Law which includes tithing and animal sacrifice was not fulfilled at that point in time?

(b) That Jesus had full respect for the Law He was yet to fulfill such that He advised the Lepers He healed to present themselves to the Priest for cleansing rituals in line with the Law of Moses?

(c) As per Matthew 23 v 23, Animal sacrifice was part of the Law the Pharisees were meant to keep. If Jesus never opened His mouth to condemn animal sacrifice...why aren't you doing it? Are you a Pharisee or are you a Christian? Please let us know where you stand.

(3) You tithers keep saying that from Genesis to Revelation, you never saw where tithing was abolished BUT I also noted that some of these laws I'm stating below were also not abolished as well...so why aren't you observing them?

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
11"You shall not wear a material mixed of wool and linen together.
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself
.…

Leviticus 19:19
'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

If you are not observing these, what could be your reasons sir?
Re: Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 20, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Of course, the Holy Spirit is the great teacher, that's why I am asking you these questions;

1) You tithers passionately supporting this doctrine of monetary tithing...I wonder why you cannot clearly quote from the scriptures exactly what God instructed to be tithed...is it 10% of all your income OR 10% of crops and livestock?

2) You monetary tithers and tithe collectors keep hiding under the cover of Matthew 23 v 23 to blackmail Jesus on the fact that He supports tithing in the Church.

(a) Did you realize that the Law which includes tithing and animal sacrifice was not fulfilled at that point in time?

(b) That Jesus had full respect for the Law He was yet to fulfill such that He advised the Lepers He healed to present themselves to the Priest for cleansing rituals in line with the Law of Moses?

(c) As per Matthew 23 v 23, Animal sacrifice was part of the Law the Pharisees were meant to keep. If Jesus never opened His mouth to condemn animal sacrifice...why aren't you doing it? Are you a Pharisee or are you a Christian? Please let us know where you stand.

(3) You tithers keep saying that from Genesis to Revelation, you never saw where tithing was abolished BUT I also noted that some of these laws I'm stating below were also not abolished as well...so why aren't you observing them?

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself
.…

'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.

Deut 14:22-23 is the answer to your question. Do you observe this commandment given by the lord Jesus in Matthew 22:37 and Prov 3:9?
Do you love God at all that you rather give unnecessary argument( 2 Tim 2:23-24) when the facts are there. Didn't you read your Bible to see that giving to God isn't necessary but there are conditions?
Re: Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe by plainbibletruth: 10:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Deut 14:22-23 is the answer to your question.
Do you obey Deut. 14: 23? If so, how EXACTLY?

1 Like

Re: Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe by OkaiCorne(m): 4:05am On Dec 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Deut 14:22-23 is the answer to your question. Do you observe this commandment given by the lord Jesus in Matthew 22:37 and Prov 3:9?
Do you love God at all that you rather give unnecessary argument( 2 Tim 2:23-24) when the facts are there. Didn't you read your Bible to see that giving to God isn't necessary but there are conditions?

Now that we are trying to identify and correct false doctrines...you now call it unnecessary argument so people can keep spiritualizing their ignorance abi?

This is Deutronomy 14 v 22-23

Deuteronomy 14:22-23
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

22 Thou shalt [a]give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

If God has clearly explained what exactly should be tithed...why is the church disobeying this and collecting 10% of generic monetary income instead. Why disobey God and promote false doctrine that tithe is 10% of gold and silver (money)?

BY THE WAY...YOU ARE YET TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION

You "monetary tithers" keep saying that from Genesis to Revelation, you never saw where tithing was abolished BUT I also noted that some of these laws I'm stating below were also not abolished as well...so why aren't you observing them?

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.…

Re: Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 21, 2017
You are asking them to take a course of action that will put a halt to the millions that flow into their accounts everyday. Their source of livelihood will be in jeopardy if they do this and their reputation and credibility will be damaged because many of them had spent their entire life convincing their gullible followers that if they don't tithe, they will be eternally mulled within the sinister jaws of misfortune. They have painted a terrifying horrifying picture of a catastrophe that lies in waiting for them if they don't pay their tithe. They have skillfully and persistently influence their followers to think that it is in obedience to paying of tithe that guarantee their gainful employment, immunity from sickness, death, poverty, lack and all evil. Nothing is further from the truth. These followers are unfortunately mentally enslaved. Unfortunately, these pastors have enslaved their listeners for far too long and nothing you say or do can convince these brainwashed followers that their only strongly held opinion and belief about tithing is at best partial truth or at worst untruths. These bunch of brainwashed tithers cannot stand the thoughts that their highly revered pastors could ever be wrong. As far as they are concerned their GOs are infallible. These pips need deliverance to be immancipated from mental slavery. Their pastors is the God they will rather respect, obey, give to, bless and listen than their wives, parents, husband. It is a pity that Religion grows in Africa as a result of poverty and the unpredictable, terrible economic situation. Nobody will listen to the bunch of thrash message on prosperity, America Visa, miracle alert, enemy destroying, sow a seed of your only cars and land and get multiplicity effect spiritual MMM crap. Messages that defy common logic and sense. Messages on hard work, commitment, persistence, honesty, salvation, righteousness are in low demand.

1 Like

Re: Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe by petra1(m): 10:54am On Dec 21, 2017
RALPHOW:

God specified what tithe is meant for
So that there will be meat in my house
Do not say what the Bible did not say.

Under the law God still commanded isreal to give tithes and offerings. Which is used for the service of the house of God and welfare and support of workers and ministers there .

Leviticus 27:30.
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

After God Instructed them on the tithe to him through the levites , he asked the people to give another 10% to the poor every 3 years and another 10% for a love feast to eat and drink . That doesn’t replace the tithe to God. And that is the error and deception of daddy freeze . He didn’t mentioned the title to God and gave the impression that the other 10% for feast and for the poor were the same. .

As much as we are not tithing based on the law. We tithe based on The fact that it's a principle in the kingdom of God

THERE WERE THREE DIFFERENT KINDS OF TITHES

There were three different kinds of tithes in the Bible .
The three different types are as follows:

1. THE LEVITICAL TITHE (sacred to God).

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord

This tithe is used for the work of service in the place of worship and also for the welfare of the workers there.

21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve, the [menial] service of the Tent of Meeting.

2. THE TITHE OF THE FEAST (Deut. 14:22-27).(daddy freeze beer boozing tithe )
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

3. THE TITHE FOR THE POOR (Deut. 14:28, 29). (Every 3 years)
This is done once in very 3 years . It is shared among the poor . While the main annual tithe still runs .

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest

The first tithe, the one we trace back to Abra­ham (Gen. 14:18-20), is the sacred tithe, given to the Levites and priests for their service to the temple and the congregation in the Old Testa­ment. This is the tithe we continue to give under the priesthood of Melchizedek in the New Testa­ment. It is the tithe consecrated to God and the furtherance of the gospel and has, therefore, validity for all believers in Christ.

Paul was clear enough .

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

Now some may say Paul didn't accept support . That's no big deal . He didn't accept support in Corinth because of their carnality . But he accepted support from some other churches . Same goes for pastors today . Most pastors serve voluntarily. They don't receive support . Over 9% of pastors in Deeper life ,Redeem ,CEC, winners are serving voluntarily. They have their own jobs . In fact one of the criterial by which you are sent out is to first have a good job . Except only few who may be required to serve full time and they may have to resign from their job. To get support from church . Church tithe is used to pay workers , church rent , maintainance , equipment ,projects , generator fuel. Chair hire etc and other expenditures. The pastor is not the owner of church money . Every ministry has structure by which money is handled . A pastor in redeem cannot dip his hand into church account . There are approvals from head quarters for expenditure. Not what bloggers online post who don't even go to church

We are not giving tithes as commanded under the law . Our tithing dates to Abraham before the law came . And that it why the other kinds of tithes were not emphasized .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe by petra1(m): 11:07am On Dec 21, 2017
OkaiCorne:
color=#990000]
BY THE WAY...YOU ARE YET TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION[/color]
You "monetary tithers" keep saying that from Genesis to Revelation, you never saw where tithing was abolished BUT I also noted that some of these laws I'm stating below were also not abolished as well...so why aren't you observing them?

Deutoronomy 22 v 11-12;
12"You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.…

They've been fulfilled in christ . The law of diversity is symbolic . It has to do with distinguish Jew from Gentiles . There are content of the law that christ fulfilled . There are content in the law that are kingdom principles . Such as tithes ,offerings,alms, justice ,prayer ,fasting worship . If you condemn all the contents of the law . There will be lawlessness . The law will always be a guide .The only error in the use of the law Is when a man wants to be justified by the work . But a man cannot be justified . But the law contains valid kindom principle .

Romans 7:7 (KJV)
. . .Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Romans 7:7 (Message)
But I can hear you say, "If the law code was as bad as all that, it's no better than sin itself." That's certainly not true. The law code had a perfectly legitimate function. Without its clear guidelines for right and wrong, moral behavior would be mostly guesswork. Apart from the succinct, surgical command, "You shall not covet," I could have dressed covetousness up to look like a virtue and ruined my life with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe by OkaiCorne(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2017
petra1:

They've been fulfilled in christ . The law of diversity is symbolic . It has to do with distinguish Jew from Gentiles . There are content of the law that christ fulfilled . There are content in the law that are kingdom principles . Such as tithes ,offerings,alms, justice ,prayer ,fasting worship . If you condemn all the contents of the law . There will be lawlessness . The law will always be a guide .The only error in the use of the law Is when a man wants to be justified by the work . But a man cannot be justified . But the law contains valid kindom principle .

Romans 7:7 (KJV)
. . .Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Romans 7:7 (Message)
But I can hear you say, "If the law code was as bad as all that, it's no better than sin itself." That's certainly not true. The law code had a perfectly legitimate function. Without its clear guidelines for right and wrong, moral behavior would be mostly guesswork. Apart from the succinct, surgical command, "You shall not covet," I could have dressed covetousness up to look like a virtue and ruined my life with it.

So you are adding to God's word by implying that the instructions He gave the Israelites with respect to planting mixed seeds, wearing mixed materials and breeding mixed species were figurative rather than literal abi?

Please can you explain why you do not observe Deutoronomy 22 v 12 You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of your garment with which you cover yourself.…

Or can you show me where in the scriptures where this was expressly abolished? Since you cannot also identify where tithes were expressly abolished too...

I'm starting to think if you are implying that Jesus fulfilled the Law totally or partially.
Re: Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe by OkaiCorne(m): 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
petra1:

Under the law God still commanded isreal to give tithes and offerings. Which is used for the service of the house of God and welfare and support of workers and ministers there .

Leviticus 27:30.
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

After God Instructed them on the tithe to him through the levites , he asked the people to give another 10% to the poor every 3 years and another 10% for a love feast to eat and drink . That doesn’t replace the tithe to God. And that is the error and deception of daddy freeze . He didn’t mentioned the title to God and gave the impression that the other 10% for feast and for the poor were the same. .

As much as we are not tithing based on the law. We tithe based on The fact that it's a principle in the kingdom of God

THERE WERE THREE DIFFERENT KINDS OF TITHES

There were three different kinds of tithes in the Bible .
The three different types are as follows:

1. THE LEVITICAL TITHE (sacred to God).

Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord

This tithe is used for the work of service in the place of worship and also for the welfare of the workers there.

2. THE TITHE OF THE FEAST (Deut. 14:22-27).(daddy freeze beer boozing tithe )
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

3. THE TITHE FOR THE POOR (Deut. 14:28, 29). (Every 3 years)
This is done once in very 3 years . It is shared among the poor . While the main annual tithe still runs .

Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest

The first tithe, the one we trace back to Abra­ham (Gen. 14:18-20), is the sacred tithe, given to the Levites and priests for their service to the temple and the congregation in the Old Testa­ment. This is the tithe we continue to give under the priesthood of Melchizedek in the New Testa­ment. It is the tithe consecrated to God and the furtherance of the gospel and has, therefore, validity for all believers in Christ.

Paul was clear enough .

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel

Now some may say Paul didn't accept support . That's no big deal . He didn't accept support in Corinth because of their carnality . But he accepted support from some other churches . Same goes for pastors today . Most pastors serve voluntarily. They don't receive support . Over 9% of pastors in Deeper life ,Redeem ,CEC, winners are serving voluntarily. They have their own jobs . In fact one of the criterial by which you are sent out is to first have a good job . Except only few who may be required to serve full time and they may have to resign from their job. To get support from church . Church tithe is used to pay workers , church rent , maintainance , equipment ,projects , generator fuel. Chair hire etc and other expenditures. The pastor is not the owner of church money . Every ministry has structure by which money is handled . A pastor in redeem cannot dip his hand into church account . There are approvals from head quarters for expenditure. Not what bloggers online post who don't even go to church

We are not giving tithes as commanded under the law . Our tithing dates to Abraham before the law came . And that it why the other kinds of tithes were not emphasized .

Can you show me in the scriptures where God instructed His children to pay tithes in form of money. Thank you.
Re: Papas & Snr. Pastors please do not go to hell because of tithe by RALPHOW(m): 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
Goodness4525:
y ar u still saying no Bible verse condemn tithe ,Hebrews 7:1-19 clear us that tithe commandment has been nullify or can't u understand simple English

Hebrews 7:1-19 even confirm collection of tithe
Jesus Himself in His first appearance as Medisedech collected tithe from Abraham before the the law was handed over to Moses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Harry Potter Permissible In Islam? : Dr. Zakir Naik Answers / Read and grow rich / Why Would You Send Someone You Love To Hell ????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.