Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,551 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Giving First Timers Money In The Church, Is It Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving First Timers Money In The Church, Is It Right? (453 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving First Timers Money In The Church, Is It Right? by hunter47(m): 11:43am On Dec 03, 2017
Happy Sunday. I wanna ask is it right for a church to give first timers money? I kinda see it as a bribe or something of sort. What do y'all think?
Re: Giving First Timers Money In The Church, Is It Right? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
hunter47:
Happy Sunday. I wanna ask is it right for a church to give first timers money? I kinda see it as a bribe or something of sort. What do y'all think?

U pple aff come again....

Pple have been opening thread lamenting that they want church to be a give and take transaction.... you now see church giving money to first timers, you decided to tag it as bribe....

Can we human beings ever be pleased....

Anyways, I've seen churches do it......

Sometimes when church groups go for evangelism...they meet pple who claim they don't have means to come...so if the church doesn't have transport logistics in place. They give cash compensation since they've probably promised.
So as not to be biased about the giving cos other first timers might notice it...they kukuma give all...but it's not usually done every sunday.
Re: Giving First Timers Money In The Church, Is It Right? by hunter47(m): 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
1StopRudeness:

U pple aff come again....

Pple have been opening thread lamenting that they want church to be a give and take transaction.... you now see church giving money to first timers, you decided to tag it as bribe....

Can we human beings ever be pleased....

Anyways, I've seen churches do it......

Sometimes when church groups go for evangelism...they meet pple who claim they don't have means to come...so if the church doesn't have transport logistics in place. They give cash compensation since they've probably promised.
So as not to be biased about the giving cos other first timers might notice it...they kukuma give all...but it's not usually done every sunday.
transport is a different thing entirely
Re: Giving First Timers Money In The Church, Is It Right? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
hunter47:
transport is a different thing entirely

Oga don't try and label it what it's not.... did they announce it as bribe, shebi church give rice,they give biscuit and coke, gala, burger meat pie, now that they made it money u want to bring bribe out of it.
U asked for our opinion......
its clear u don't really want it...u just want to indirectly pass the news as church bribing members.
leave it as bribe then....

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Reasons Why Nigeria Might Never Reach The Promise Land. / Nazareth, The Home Town Of Jesus, Has Cancelled Christmas Because Of Trump / Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.