Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,096 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297339 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
I personally don't think it will work cause looking at it from a law point of view the company is still a separate entity, also except the director is resigning and liquidating his shares in the company he can't have access to the sum of money invested. Maybe CIC will look at it differently tho...
Eilenora:
What if the Company does a resolution confirming that he has up to 75% beneficial interest in the Company and so is allowed to utilize the Company funds/statement and other documentation for the purpose?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
Eilenora:
What if the Company does a resolution confirming that he has up to 75% beneficial interest in the Company and so is allowed to utilize the Company funds/statement and other documentation for the purpose?

The company is a separate entity. Even if he owns 99.9% of the shares in the company he still cannot claim its assets. What he can do however is liquidate some of the assets to cash and have the company pass a resolution paying him the money as dividends/bonus of the last 5 years (for example). Then transfer the money from the company account to his personal account. I think that will work.

#justmy2cents

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
I think the company can do a resolution to transfer funds to him, maybe as Director's fees or something, I'm just stating that the funds he intends to use as pof should either be in his name, spouse's name or a joint account. Investments or funds belonging to a company will not suffice.
Eilenora:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
sleekysilk:

Thank u jare. All these speaker headphone brouhaha sef. Coman ask those of us that started this IELTS journey since 2013-2014, na speaker for National Theater, Iganmu hall British council dey use. When did British council upgrade to headset sef. Early 2015.

Apart from the MOD/IDP cost of EOR/remarking, I don't think there's anything wrong in using speakers. Just focus and concentrate.

Wish everyone good luck.

Even the remarking though expensive at least you don't have to wait weeks for result so it's still advantageous. British Council sha their shakara is just too much.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2018
This sounds like the way to go.

Ethelia:

The company is a separate entity. Even if he owns 99.9% of the shares in the company he still cannot claim its assets. What he can do however is liquidate some of the assets to cash and have the company pass a resolution paying him the money as dividends/bonus of the last 5 years (for example). Then transfer the money from the company account to his personal account. I think that will work.

#justmy2cents

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ambidextrause:
It took 2 days.

do u mean it took just 2 days after ur passports got to Accra to have it approved and get a PUM? that is quite fast
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ambidextrause: 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2018
No. 2 days after status on CIC account changed to Approved.

caon:
do u mean it took just 2 days after ur passports got to Accra to have it approved and get a PUM? that is quite fast
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by attenmove: 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
Godsaysyes:

Not compulsory that he writes IELT or evaluate his Certificates. If you can calculate your probable points without him and still score above 450, my dear; you are good to go without him in writing the exam. Best of luck.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Amakyzuu: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
luffyhaki:

Funny enough i don read tireeee...No problem sha..Im sure ill absorb all with time.

As you read, copy and paste important info in a word document or screen grab important info or buy Canada Immigration note book and write down all important info. This is exactly what I do. That way u can always go back to read

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2018
Good day Eilenora,

I'll advise that you read the IRCC website on Proof of Funds and what is acceptable.
Meanwhile, all the answer given to you here are correct. But i need you to understand why the answers are so.

It will make things easier for you when you understand the wordings on the IRCC website.

Best of Luck.

Eilenora:
Hi guys.

Pls with regards to POF, i have a qstn, hubby is an employee but dsnt rli have much in his salary account. However on the side he is majority shareholder in a coy, owing up to 75% shareholding. He is also a director on the board. Can we use d coys papers, statememt of accout and evidence of d coy's investment in t-bills as POF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Amakyzuu: 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
sleekysilk:

Thank u jare. All these speaker headphone brouhaha sef. Coman ask those of us that started this IELTS journey since 2013-2014, na speaker for National Theater, Iganmu hall British council dey use. When did British council upgrade to headset sef. Early 2015.

Apart from the MOD/IDP cost of EOR/remarking, I don't think there's anything wrong in using speakers. Just focus and concentrate.

Wish everyone good luck.

Wow... Lol... I would advise people to practice for listening using their head phones and speaker, that way you are prepared for anything that comes during the test. On my exam day in ph centre, so many head phones weren't working, they suggested we use the speaker, u needed to see how people screamed like were... They immediately suggested we begin with reading test while they go fix the head phones. We did the listening test second with head phones eventually.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2018
Amakyzuu:

Wow... Lol... I would advise people to practice for listening using their head phones and speaker, that way you are prepared for anything that comes during the test. On my exam day in ph centre, so many head phones weren't working, they suggested we use the speaker, u needed to see how people screamed like were... They immediately suggested we begin with reading test while they go fix the head phones. We did the listening test second with head phones eventually.

Lol after picking BC because of headphones they'll now say use speaker lmao. Trust Port Harcourt/ SOuth SOuth folks. I'm sure if its Abuja we'll be too busy forming to scream or protest.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello Everyone, I have been a silent reader i'm just about starting the process
I'm not sure about the guidelines for people in our Category on CIC website. We are a family of four (all siblings), we lost our Parents. we want to apply for PR as a family. My question is can the 1st born who is a lawyer with 5 years experience with a top law firm in Nigeria apply as the principal applicant and the rest of us as dependents or maybe i can be a supporting applicants. please anyone who has gone through the process or familiar with the guidelines can help in explaining. we are using my brother because of his qualification and work experience.
Note: we are all unmarried and 3 degree holders( the rest don't have solid work experience like he does).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by keni: 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
bolarinnwa:
I'm not sure about the guidelines for people in our Category on CIC website. We are a family of four (all siblings), we lost our Parents. we want to apply for PR as a family. My question is can the 1st born who is a lawyer with 5 years experience with a top law firm in Nigeria apply as the principal applicant and the rest of us as dependents or maybe i can be a supporting applicants. please anyone who has gone through the process or familiar with the guidelines can help in explaining. we are using my brother because of his qualification and work experience.
Note: we are all unmarried and 3 degree holders( the rest don't have solid work experience like he does).

NO YOU CAN ONLY APPLY INDIVIDUALLY

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2018
Dear Sir/Ma,

First, in this journey, there are no supporting strikers... grin grin grin

I am assuming you are all adults, hence it has to be individual applications... One thing you can do though, is allow your elder sibling apply first, if he/she gets the PR and land in CA, you all can then start claiming additional points for siblings in CA.

On the work experience for others, all you need is Minimum of 1 year work experience in the last 10 years and it must be in NOC 0, A or B.

I dont know if others have other ideas but this is my opinion.

bolarinnwa:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for your input. we would apply individually then.
smslive2:
Dear Sir/Ma,

First, in this journey, there are no supporting strikers... grin grin grin

I am assuming you are all adults, hence it has to be individual applications... One thing you can do though, is allow your elder sibling apply first, if he/she gets the PR and land in CA, you all can then start claiming additional points for siblings in CA.

On the work experience for others, all you need is Minimum of 1 year work experience in the last 10 years and it must be in NOC 0, A or B.

I dont know if others have other ideas but this is my opinion.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello friends someone with the format of how to structure proof of funds letter as per Pension fund should share.

I intend to use 25% of my Pension fund as proof of fund.

Please someone should help me with the structure to give my RSA to provide the letter.

Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2018
Just search this thread. Someone shared a letter recently.

Good luck.

Guitarlife:
Hello friends someone with the format of how to structure proof of funds letter as per Pension fund should share.

Please someone should help me with the structure to give my RSA to provide the letter.

Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Please is there any body who has passed medicals, lives in Abuja but hasn't registered for "planning for Canada" program?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2018
***Address***
***Date***

The Manager
XYZ Pension Managers Ltd.
Lagos

Dear Sir/Madam,

REQUEST FOR REFERENCE LETTER/STATEMENT OF RETIREMENT SAVINGS ACCOUNT

I am applying for permanent residency to Canada and require a reference letter/statement on my RSA from your institution as evidence that I have some savings with you. As stipulated by the Canadian Immigration body, the letter should be provided on the official letterhead (with contact information of your institution (address, telephone number and email address) and show the following:
• Date account was created
• RSA number
• Current balance since inception
• That 25% of my RSA balance will be available to me upon 4 months after voluntary retirement before the age of 50 years.

The letter should be addressed to:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Central Intake Office (CIO)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

I will be grateful if you would avail me the letter and the statement of account to aid my application.
Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

***Your name***
RSA No: PEN*********

Guitarlife:

Thanks all.

22 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hi Tollu,

Please how did you go about getting ur husband's reference letter from the bank he worked for nine years ago?

Please this is kind of urgent.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2018
Newmum0615:

***Address***
***Date***

The Manager
Lagos

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am applying for permanent residency to Canada and require a reference letter/statement on my RSA from your institution as evidence that I have some savings with you. As stipulated by the Canadian Immigration body, the letter should be provided on the official letterhead (with contact information of your institution (address, telephone number and email address) and show the following:
• RSA number
• That 25% of my RSA balance will be available to me upon 4 months after voluntary retirement before the age of 50 years.

Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

I will be grateful if you would avail me the letter and the statement of account to aid my application.
Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

***Your name***

Thanks for this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Pamperme: 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2018
edited
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by shubraba: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

I got PUM today!!! And I wish to share my story as a testimony to God's glory and in the hopes that someone might be encouraged, inspired, and motivated. (This post may be a bit long. Sorry)

AOR was July 25, 2017

At first, my application was refused. And as I read the refusal letter with shivers down my spine, I figured the VO based his/her decision singularly on insufficient funds. I was beyond crestfallen. I could not even wish that on my enemy. It came on an afternoon and I thanked God I did not drive to work that day cos I would't know how I would have fared behind the wheels. More painful was the fact that the rejection/refusal came after 134 days of agonizing wait! I had been so expectant since I felt I had satisfied every requirement. Meanwhile, a spike in FOREX rates around early August 2017 had relegated my POF below the LICO by 330CAD. Can you imagine that?! undecided undecided

I bottled it up. Never opened my mouth to tell a soul. I did not want to share the heartbreak with my family and close friends who knew I was on this train. So I reached out to my e-friends on this platform, chief of whom are Blackbuddy, 40manlappy, and GlitteringStar for solace and advice. I felt the reason for refusal was flimsy -- they thought so too. I was going to appeal!

Now, up until then, it's not been a common thing to see a refusal decision reversed. But my case was going to be different as I went to God in my unspeakable pain and disappointment. I cast all the burden on him with hope and faith. As advised, I sent the first email and raised a CSE showing that I indeed satisfied the POF requirement, with updated POF attached. After 3 days, my appeal was rejected. It was so devastating but I kept my cool. While me e-friends were following-up and asking for updates, I only told them IRCC were yet to respond. I kept praying. One week passed. Two weeks. Nothing. So, I sent another email, trying to make them see my point. I was begging for mercy, as advised. Failed again.

I had given up, turning my sights on PNP as my CRS had dropped to 427 and no chance of having the draws smile on me. This was January this year. Then on one Sunday evening, Tosin, who also experienced same, reached out to me again, saying I couldn't just be quiet and be waiting or just give up. Then I heard a little voice saying I should try again. I sent another email on Monday but instead got a refund of my RPRF. Damn! I caught a cold that night. Managed to get home. Struggled through the week. Then God provoked me himself - a colleague of mine, who applied after me, got PPR. We congratulated him but I was very sad deep inside. Mine was coming, I shrugged. That night, I drafted another email - this time stating my utter displeasure and showing the unfairness in the refusal decision - and I sent it directly to the minister! I remember I said a silent prayer before clicking the send button: Lord, don't let this one return the way others did.

The next day, I saw a notification, my application had been reopened. I was asked to pay the 490CAD RPRF. I returned the money they had earlier rejected back to them. 3 days later, I got PPR! Now happening so fast I could barely remember the pains I had felt a month ago. I was overjoyed and broke the news to my family and friends - they did not know the underlying story, did not need to. The devil is a liar!!! grin grin grin

AOR to PPR = 184 days

I want to appreciate the selfless efforts of everyone on this platform. And to those of us expecting one thing or the other on this Canadian journey, God will make it all end in praise. Thank you all! God bless!!!

And Wura27 should be ready to add me to that WhatsApp group. grin grin grin grin

woah congrats dear

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2018
Newmum0615:

***Address***
***Date***

The Manager
Lagos

Dear Sir/Madam,

• RSA number

Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

***Your name***

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Zee1Sha2: 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello team, please assist. I am already in the pool and I need to change my province from Alberta to Toronto. Please assist on how to go about it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
Zee1Sha2:
Hello team, please assist. I am already in the pool and I need to change my province from Alberta to Toronto. Please assist on how to go about it.
I don't know how to but I just wanted to say Ontario is the name of the province where Toronto is.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
Toronto kwa? Are you trying to type Ontario? You can use the 'modify answers' button or something like that in your profile to do that. I am not so sure again.
Zee1Sha2:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 5:38pm On Feb 26, 2018
For those of us who might want to pay for RPRF, this piece is for you

You can now spend up to $5,000 daily with your First Bank International Naira Cards.
Source: First Bank newsletter

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by xtosync: 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys and Seniors in the house do you (or anyone) have an idea on the duration of the "planning for Canada" session. I got series of dates to choose from with different locations. But I need to know how long the program is for (how many days, weeks etc), as I don't live in or close to any of the indicated locations.
sweetrie:
Please is there any body who has passed medicals, lives in Abuja but hasn't registered for "planning for Canada" program?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2018
xtosync:
Hi guys and Seniors in the house do you (or anyone) have an idea on the duration of the "planning for Canada" session. I got series of dates to choose from with different locations. But I need to know how long the program is for (how many days, weeks etc), as I don't live in or close to any of the indicated locations.
I don't know oo. But I think it is a day event
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dumsydsassy1: 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2018
Not at all. When I wrote last year April in Abuja the some headphones didn’t work and they suggested speakers, the whole hall protested.. after paying 68k. It took them a while to calm everyone down. Listening was the last module we did that day.
Tojued:

Lol after picking BC because of headphones they'll now say use speaker lmao. Trust Port Harcourt/ SOuth SOuth folks. I'm sure if its Abuja we'll be too busy forming to scream or protest.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.