Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1294080 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ogundre: 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
Hello People,

Greetings from Toronto. I got in here 11 days ago, everything has been fine so far and hoping to get a job soon as i have done a telephone interview with a bank and I was told the second stage of telephone interview will hold next week.

I actually got a job 4 days after I landed as I had two stage interviews for a marketing job but I turned it down as it wasn't what I wanted, it was about marketing credit cards to people at stores and salary was based on commission meaning i only get paid based on the number of sales i make per day.

Anyway, I have a question to ask please. For a British citizen, does the person need to go through same process as we all went through writing IELTS, ECA etc for Express Entry or Provincial nomination to migrate to Canada or there is a special process for them being that they colonized Canada. Please anyone with similar experience should helpwith responses.

Thank you

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by laminaria(m): 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
Heimdall:

You can use any free online pdf compressor to reduce the size further.
Honestly I have google and used various PDF compressor...it is kinda confusing thing jare.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chiwelaw: 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
thanks a bunch
GlitteringStar:

Thanks! I did my ECA last year when the processing time was still 8 weeks or so. You can send a mail to them if the evaluation process is taking too long. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Heimdall: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
laminaria:

Honestly I have google and used various PDF compressor...it is kinda confusing thing jare.

I was going to suggest this too

onyi888:
Did you scan it? If you did, scan it again with low resolution (coloured tho) set it up on the printer then add all files together using nitro.

Rescan your documents with the lowest possible resolution. Depending on the scanner you're using, look out for something like in the image below

Then try and compress again if need be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DaddyTheFather: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
happytbaby:
You are not serious at bolded, abeg give Madam lots of TLC tonight. She has made you proud. Except there are constraints like ease of accessibility of her work references, I do not see why you may want to be PA. Did you ace IELTS too?

Don't mind him o...he dinor kuku ace it. I just dey look forward guy with side eye since. If you like, don't find one nice present to buy that woman and then fling her into the pool...make you dey do "not sure who will be PA"...until I come and do CRS for the two of you personally, Abi? All these children of nowadays sef... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Oopsy(f): 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
When I saw 10 extra pages added from last night to this afternoon, I knew GS had dropped it!

Congrats sis, it is evident for all to see the beautiful soul you are and how much you have impacted lives on this platform.
The doors of favour will continually be opened to you.

GlitteringStar:
Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

Application Approved!!!

Kindly find below my timeline.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by victor83(m): 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2018
4Barr:

Decision to Migrate - September 2013
Got Denied Study Visa Twice, appealed at the Federal Court in Canada in 2015 and won. Study Visa issued to expire in September 2017.
Decided to relocate through express entry in June 2017.

Ist IELTS - July 29 - Short by 0.5 point for Listening
2nd IELTS - August 2017 -

CRS score - 450

ITA – Oct 18, 2017
AOR – Oct 26, 2017
Med Passed – 08 Nov 2017
IP1 – 08 Nov 2017
Na2 – 10 Nov 2017
FTD/LVO – 6 Dec 2017
Got Married – 30th Dec 2017
Notified CIC – 31st Dec 2017
Notified CIC and London again – 4th January 2018
ADR for Spouse Documents & RPRF – 19th January 2018
ADR sent – 22nd Jan 2018
Account updated & Spouse Added – 28th January 2018
IP2 - 29th January 2018
Spouse Med Passed – 1st February 2018
ADR – Replacement for Proof of Funds – 19th February 2018
ADR Submitted – 19th February 2018 (same day)
Update: We do not need additional documents – 20th February 2018
Requested GCMS Notes – 26th February 2018
Review of Additional Documents: Changed to Not Applicable – 27th February 2018
PPR – March 15th, 2018

FSW: London Visa Office – 140 days Post AOR.

Congratulations @4Barr... this is awesome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DaddyTheFather: 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
4Barr:

ITA – Oct 18, 2017
AOR – Oct 26, 2017

PPR – March 15th, 2018

Happy PPR day to you...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by laminaria(m): 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
@heimdall thanks I will take a look at the resolution thing, just that my printer can’t scan it all at a go so I used public printer I guess it is set up to the highest resolution...anyways it is middle of the night here if I have to buy another one I don’t mind $45 at most. They can’t get me at the stage God is above them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DaddyTheFather: 5:16pm On Mar 15, 2018
laminaria:
Rejoice with them that rejoice....this thread will continue to be flooded with good news. congrats @Glitteringstar @4Bar. And everyone waiting for one thing or the other. @newmum ur shoes oh.
On the other hand, pls how do u guys reduce your documents to a very small Megabyte or Kilobyte, my POF is 54 pages with 10mb, hence unable to upload it. Thanks.

Use [url]https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf[url] for everything pdf on your journey. The above should be the direction link for compression. I used the site extensively for my documents. I notice you have already seen the site on an earlier screenshot, but give it another try. if you're having trouble compressing beyond what was in that screenshot, I would suggest splitting your file in two and uploading in two parts What you want to do can be done there. Be careful with overcompression though. If the file loses quality, the info on it will become impossible to see. Remember all scans and pdf uploads need to be at at.least 300dpi to be ok.
In plain words, make sure the info is still clear after compression. Compress/Split/rearrange, anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Teepearls(f): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
Congrats and wish all the best in Canny.

[quote author=4Barr post=65861618]

Got Denied Study Visa Twice, appealed at the Federal Court in Canada in 2015 and won. Study Visa issued to expire in September 2017.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
4Barr:

PPR – March 15th, 2018

Congrats.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2018
Hello my good people!

Na wa o! Na so Part 3 don reach page 428 - my CRS score if I lose points in July (433 to 428). Hoping for the best, prepping for the worst.

Please I would like to pick your brains here. I created my EE profile on October 12, 2017. I am currently on 433 and will fall to 428 in July (Birthday ish) if i do not get ITA by then embarassed embarassed

Should I withdraw my profile now and recreate for OINP? Quite confused on what to do cos I was thinking since i created my profile 5 months ago, i'd have tie-breaking rule advantage if the draw comes down to 433.

Please what do you guys think? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
My thoughts, from the last draw, I saw that we have about 5,000 people with the CRS bracket of 430 - 440. So the tie-breaking rule will be an advantage. Please note that the final decision lies with you.

dumprep:
Hello my good people!

Na wa o! Na so Part 3 don reach page 428 - my CRS score if I lose points in July (433 to 428). Hoping for the best, prepping for the worst.

Please I would like to pick your brains here. I created my EE profile on October 12, 2017. I am currently on 433 and will fall to 428 in July (Birthday ish) if i do not get ITA by then embarassed embarassed

Should I withdraw my profile now and recreate for OINP? Quite confused on what to do cos I was thinking since i created my profile 5 months ago, i'd have tie-breaking rule advantage if the draw comes down to 433.

Please what do you guys think? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ceemac: 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
laminaria:
@heimdall thanks I will take a look at the resolution thing, just that my printer can’t scan it all at a go so I used public printer I guess it is set up to the highest resolution...anyways it is middle of the night here if I have to buy another one I don’t mind $45 at most. They can’t get me at the stage God is above them.

They’ve said it all.. You also can play a fast one by using multiple online PDF compressors, let the output of one be the input to another.. I hope this makes sense..

Just try and split that 54pages or so into like 8 to 10, compress each unit and after you can combine the unit to become whole again..

Your village people can’t get you now.. You have come some distance ���
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
ceemac:

They’ve said it all.. You also can play a fast one by using multiple online PDF compressors, let the output of one be the input to another.. I hope this makes sense..

Just try and split that 54pages or so into like 8 to 10, compress each unit and after you can combine the unit to become whole again..

Your village people can’t get you now.. You have come some distance ���

Funny enough, from my experience this will not work..Some how those numerous pdf compressors will not compress it further..I think the best advice is to adjust the compression quality from the Scanning device itself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ddymples: 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
Congratulations. Ire akari

4Barr:

Ist IELTS - July 29 - Short by 0.5 point for Listening
2nd IELTS - August 2017 -

CRS score - 450

ITA – Oct 18, 2017
AOR – Oct 26, 2017
Med Passed – 08 Nov 2017
IP1 – 08 Nov 2017
Na2 – 10 Nov 2017
FTD/LVO – 6 Dec 2017
Got Married – 30th Dec 2017
Notified CIC – 31st Dec 2017
Notified CIC and London again – 4th January 2018
ADR for Spouse Documents & RPRF – 19th January 2018
ADR sent – 22nd Jan 2018
Account updated & Spouse Added – 28th January 2018
IP2 - 29th January 2018
Spouse Med Passed – 1st February 2018
ADR – Replacement for Proof of Funds – 19th February 2018
ADR Submitted – 19th February 2018 (same day)
Update: We do not need additional documents – 20th February 2018
Requested GCMS Notes – 26th February 2018
Review of Additional Documents: Changed to Not Applicable – 27th February 2018
PPR – March 15th, 2018

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
@4barr, congratulations to you Barrister Lawyer. All things shall continue to work together for your good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bayojbbb2002: 6:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
GlitteringStar:
Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

Application Approved!!!

Congrats to you @GlitteringStar

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Medal007: 6:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
No need of writing IELTS again o bro, just let wiffy be the PA
abbas01:

grin grin grin Thank you all for the encouragements. My wife cleared the thing ooo. She received provisional test result confirmation via text message from the center we registered with. Note: Not in Naija, somewhere in the UAE.
Her result: L 8.5, R 7.5, W 7, S 8. Her age is 27 while I am 34.
WES evaluation ongoing. WES received all transcripts last last week wink. Wife's credentials - 2 years diploma in accounting and finance, 3 years BSc in Accounting. My credentials: 4 years BSc in Geology and 1 year Diploma in Microbiology. We are both hoping for 2 or more certificates equivalent.
Both with more than 3 years work experience..

Yet to decide on who to be the primary applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by manlikegb: 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
GlitteringStar:
Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

Application Approved!!!

Congrats GlitteringStar. You totally deserve this. Shine on in God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bayojbbb2002: 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2018
[quote author=4Barr post=65861618]

Congrats @4Barr
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nitrogen(m): 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
Please o, wrt evaluation of credentials with WES, my school decided to verify my transcripts and certificate after about 2 months. Issue is, since the verification was done (like four days ago), I have not heard anything from WES o. I keep seeing "Status: In progress".

Please, hope no issues o?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by transcriptng: 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2018
Be patient, your portal will be updated when your ECA is completed. Check in your portal, you will see expected completion date.

nitrogen:
Please o, wrt evaluation of credentials with WES, my school decided to verify my transcripts and certificate after about 2 months. Issue is, since the verification was done (like four days ago), I have not heard anything from WES o. I keep seeing "Status: In progress".

Please, hope no issues o?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ogundre:
Hello People,

Greetings from Toronto. I got in here 11 days ago, everything has been fine so far and hoping to get a job soon as i have done a telephone interview with a bank and I was told the second stage of telephone interview will hold next week.

I actually got a job 4 days after I landed as I had two stage interviews for a marketing job but I turned it down as it wasn't what I wanted, it was about marketing credit cards to people at stores and salary was based on commission meaning i only get paid based on the number of sales i make per day.

Anyway, I have a question to ask please. For a British citizen, does the person need to go through same process as we all went through writing IELTS, ECA etc for Express Entry or Provincial nomination to migrate to Canada or there is a special process for them being that they colonized Canada. Please anyone with similar experience should helpwith responses.

Thank you

Yes.. British citizens have to go through the same process. There are no exceptions for any country as far as I know
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
transcriptng:
Be patient, your portal will be updated when your ECA is completed. Check in your portal, you will see expected completion date.

Dear brother do you think WES evaluation can be completed some days before the due date from your experience ? There is likely to be a draw on my expected completion date so I am very hopeful that the evaluation can be completed in time just before the draw so I can sneak in my CRS score of 467. shocked shocked cool cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by transcriptng: 7:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
Very likely for your ECA to be ready prior to the expected date. We have seen lots of people here with similar experience. So relax you will be fine.

Guitarlife:

Dear brother do you think WES evaluation can be completed some days before the due date from your experience ? There is likely to be a draw on my expected completion date so I am very hopeful that the evaluation can be completed in time just before the draw so I can sneak in my CRS score of 467. shocked shocked cool cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
Good evening my people.

Just got a refund of N10,584.28 from WES. Thank @Emmasonic for this knowledge. If no be u, no red wine for the weekend!

Good luck to everyone again. My PPR mails fall on all of us soonest.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
Showers of golden mail; that is what i like. Congrats to GS and 4barr

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
stonecoldcafe:
Showers of golden mail; that is what i like. Congrats to GS and 4barr

Yes o

I love it.. Team March 24th..where una dey? Who else is writing in Sheba Center Lagos? My speaking happens to be on Sunday, was surprised they did test on Sundays

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Vancouver4(f): 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2018
Congrats to @glitteringstar and @4Barr. May the land of canada favor you. I pray that someday I too will share my own testimony here. Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.