Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (612) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292053 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 7:18am On Apr 23, 2018
hakeemgp:
AOR June 26, 2017
Meds Passed July 11, 2017
Application Cancelled- July 28th 2017 (Reason UK PCC wasn't uploaded, although I applied for a UK PCC as I did a Masters in UK but PCC arrived a week after AOR, so I raised a CSE to upload the PCC, I also sent an email to support this.) Nevertheless application was cancelled as incomplete.
All application fees refunded after 3 weeks.
Fast forward - March 3rd 2018- Mail arrived there was an update on profile. Checked and I read my profile has been re-opened. There was a review of my profile and it was determined that I submitted a complete application, hence I was asked to pay new processing fees to continue my application.
[b]2 ADRs
followed
New Medicals required- April 2nd 2018
Medicals passed -April 16th 2018.
Profile status changed to submitted April 19th 2018
PPR April 21st 2018.
Reason I'm sharing this timeline and events is to encourage anyone that is going through a similar situation...there is HOPE!
Your PPR is NEXT!!

Congrats! Did you appeal or anything similar? Or they just went ahead to review by themselves?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 7:19am On Apr 23, 2018
Dulles25:
Hello future Canadian citizens. Thank you all for the quite detailed thread, very insightful.

Lawyers in the house, do I need a practising licence to be evaluated or just the Law degree Certificate, LLB. I am concerned because I missed one bar exam paper, and i have to take it later to finally clear and get my practising cert after being called to the bar.
Does it mean I have to clear and be called to the bar before applying for the EE to use the option of a professional degree or LLB is enough?

This will help me know if I can commence the application or wait until next year.

Thank you all in advance.

Be careful here.... While you don't need your call to bar certificate to get your LLB evaluated as a professional degree by IQAS, there have been cases where the VO has requested for evidence to practice, which is your call certificate.

I can't remember who, but someone on this thread was asked to submit hers which she did. I also submitted mine upfront. Lets be clear, you are not really licensed to practice in Nigeria if you haven't been called to Bar, despite having your LLB. and especially if you are claiming work experience as a lawyer

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 7:42am On Apr 23, 2018
Predict CRS score for wednesday.... grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 7:49am On Apr 23, 2018
luffyhaki:
Predict CRS score for wednesday.... grin grin grin

With the way people with high scores are diving into the pool ehn.... I pray it gets lower than 440
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 23, 2018
Ethelia:

Be careful here.... While you don't need your call to bar certificate to get your LLB evaluated as a professional degree by IQAS, there have been cases where the VO has requested for evidence to practice, which is your call certificate.

I can't remember who, but someone on this thread was asked to submit hers which she did. I also submitted mine upfront. Lets be clear, you are not really licensed to practice in Nigeria if you haven't been called to Bar, despite having your LLB. and especially if you are claiming work experience as a lawyer
Omoge, this makes sense oh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 23, 2018
Ethelia:

With the way people with high scores are diving into the pool ehn.... I pray it gets lower than 440
Yeah, 442.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ItsYourFriend: 7:57am On Apr 23, 2018
Finally, the WES ECA is done. To God be the glory!

Cc: Oladoyinsola

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:47am On Apr 23, 2018
EngrKen8:

Yes, it’s been known to happen. Personally, 100% of my POF was from a gift deed. Wish you a successful application.
Thanks EngrKen8. Personally i haven't work since January i returned from my study and i am hoping to use a 100% gift deed. The last time i worked was in 2016 before i left for the UK for my masters. In such scenario what do u suggest, guys?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dulles25: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2018
Ethelia:

This makes sense, thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2018
Dulles25:

This makes sense, thank you.

You're welcome. you don't need to wait until next year to start the process. Iqas can be a bit slow so why not start evaluating your LLB now and take your Ielts later in the year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:48am On Apr 23, 2018
Nah, I am not o.

DboyizGood:
Please if you are on this route. We could work on this together.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by IamtrulyBlessed: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2018
Congratulations
hakeemgp:
AOR June 26, 2017
Meds Passed July 11, 2017
Application Cancelled- July 28th 2017 (Reason UK PCC wasn't uploaded, although I applied for a UK PCC as I did a Masters in UK but PCC arrived a week after AOR, so I raised a CSE to upload the PCC, I also sent an email to support this.)
All application fees refunded after 3 weeks.
Fast forward - March 3rd 2018- Mail arrived there was an update on profile.
[b]2 ADRs
followed
New Medicals required- April 2nd 2018
Medicals passed -April 16th 2018.
Profile status changed to submitted April 19th 2018
PPR April 21st 2018.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dulles25: 9:57am On Apr 23, 2018
Ethelia:

You're welcome. you don't need to wait until next year to start the process. Iqas can be a bit slow so why not start evaluating your LLB now and take your Ielts later in the year.

Actually this will do. I thought of holding back but I can start with the evaluation.

Does it also mean I cannot claim working experience for the 2 years service at a law firm before getting a practising licence?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JumzieBabyy: 9:58am On Apr 23, 2018
Yes I plan to, will revert on outcome.

justbazick:
Do you plan to remark?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 10:03am On Apr 23, 2018
Dulles25:

Actually this will do. I thought of holding back but I can start with the evaluation.

Does it also mean I cannot claim working experience for the 2 years service at a law firm before getting a practising licence?

I really don't know if you will be able to successfully claim it. Technically you shouldn't be able to practice law if you haven't been called to the bar so if an overzealous vo decides to compare dates in might raise flags.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Oopsy(f): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2018
Check National Open University or some private universities.....

DboyizGood:
Abeg where can this be done o...Which skul?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 10:05am On Apr 23, 2018
hakeemgp:

Reason I'm sharing this timeline and events is to encourage anyone that is going through a similar situation...there is HOPE!
Your PPR is NEXT!!

Look at God!! Congratulations!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dulles25: 10:26am On Apr 23, 2018
Ethelia:

I really don't know if you will be able to successfully claim it. Technically you shouldn't be able to practice law if you haven't been called to the bar so if an overzealous vo decides to compare dates in might raise flags.

I'm getting more confused now. I must have seen someone on the thread say a paid internship can be claimed as work experience. The working experience was an internship and holding over. 40 hours and paid.

Seems like the situation is complicated than I thought.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2018
Dulles25:

I'm getting more confused now. I must have seen someone on the thread say a paid internship can be claimed as work experience. The working experience was an internship and holding over. 40 hours and paid.

Seems like the situation is complicated than I thought.

Dont confuse yourself. Yes a paid internship can suffice I believe. However what were you interning as? What NOC?

Lets say someone comes and wants to claim internship as a doctor when he hasn't been admitted by MDCN, will it really fly? How can you claim to have interned as a doctor when you are not one?

Anyway, let others advise you on this. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dulles25: 10:35am On Apr 23, 2018
Ethelia:

Dont confuse yourself. Yes a paid internship can suffice I believe. However what were you interning as? What NOC?

Lets say someone comes and wants to claim internship as a doctor when he hasn't been admitted by MDCN, will it really fly? How can you claim to have interned as a doctor when you are not one?

Legal intern doing all the legal services, BUT NOT representing someone in court.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dulles25: 10:37am On Apr 23, 2018
Ethelia:

I appreciate more response from someone who's been in a similar position, to help me familiarize with the situation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 10:38am On Apr 23, 2018
Dulles25:

Legal intern doing all the legal services, BUT NOT representing someone in court.

Look at the NOC for Legal Administrative Assistants. It might be a good match and in that case you won't need to wait until next year for call to bar.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dulles25: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2018
Ethelia:

Look at the NOC for Legal Administrative Assistants. It might be a good match and in that case you won't need to wait until next year for call to bar.

Aha! This is what I'm talking about. My sincere appreciation for the responses to my inquiries .
Can I still use the professional degree option or not?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2018
Check this out: 1242 Legal administrative assistants

Read through the NOC classification and select a suitable code based on your actual job duties.

Dulles25:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2018
Mummy have spoken... case closed! ORDER...
Newmum0615:

Check the NOC classification and select a suitable code based on your actual job duties.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 10:49am On Apr 23, 2018
Dulles25:

Aha! This is what I'm talking about. My sincere appreciation for the responses to my inquiries .
Can I still use the professional degree option or not?

I don't see why not especially since you are not claiming work experience as a Lawyer per se.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2018
LMAO. I will flog you one day.
smslive2:
Mummy have spoken... case closed! ORDER...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 23, 2018
Ethelia:

Look at God!! Congratulations!!
grin grin IELTS...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 10:57am On Apr 23, 2018
shubraba:
Hello
Good evening all
Please I need contact of some one in Abia State University who can assist me with my transcript and Please what was the verification process like?
Thank you in Advance

Ezilytina:

I can give d contact of someone that can help u

Please has anyone successfully gotten WES ECA from ABSU? WES is still awaiting verification but insider at school says they've not received any verification request.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 10:59am On Apr 23, 2018
Guitarlife:

grin grin IELTS...

Wetin I talk now again, ehn? tongue tongue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gistwivkome(f): 10:59am On Apr 23, 2018
I just ordered gcms notes. Thanks @Ethelia for the advice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dulles25: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2018
Newmum0615:

Read through the NOC classification and select a suitable code based on your actual job duties.

I feel like 4211 applies more than 1242. That is paralegal , because of the job descriptions, and it requires a Law degree which I have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.