Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 (15043 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Leg?

Bayern Munich: 31% (27 votes)
Man Utd: 60% (52 votes)
Draw: 8% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Portsmouth Vs Chelsea [0 - 5] On Wed. 24th March 2010 / Barcelona Vs Stuggart Live Today 17th March 2010 2nd Leg (8:45pm) / Manchester Utd (2) Vs Arsenal (1) On Saturday 29th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by doyin13(m): 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2010
~Sauron~:

Wetin Van Bommel play?
Please give us just one example of what he did all night apart from sideways and backward passing.
Then he ran with the ball for 15 yards and blasted it from 40 yards. . . .easy save for VDS.

Olic was their Tevez, running after everything, pressing our defenders.
Ribery was also good value but then who wouldn't be good against a 35 yr old Gary Neville.
Bayern deserved the win. . .NO DOUBT but they fluked ALL their goals.

You observed in a previous post how awful at times United's midfield were.

I doubt it was Olic who caused them to be poor.

Bommel was always available, gave quick ball and hardly lost the ball while
in possession.

Olic on the other hand was physically undersized overmatched
by himself up front. I don't doubt his energy and his harrying etc.
but his primary responsibility besides scoring
goals is to give the team a target up front and hold it so that people can join
in. I remember a few occasions when he lost the ball and the team momentum.

He was especially dire in the first half, and only marginally improved in the
second. Gomes gave them impetus and Olic actually looked better when he moved
to the left.

I hope Van Gaal realises Olic simply is no match for Vidic and Rio with a partner let
alone by himself.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by Fest7: 10:34pm On Mar 30, 2010
But 2 be truthful,bayern munich na international willi-willi oh.could u see what dey did 2 our defence.dey nearly killed us.but thank GOD dat we are not dead.old trafford is a must win 4 UNITED wether break or ben up we go
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by chic2pimp(m): 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2010
Van Bommel: 7 – Did his usual job of battling away in the midfield, whilst showing himself once again to be a more than capable player on the ball. He was the main reason why Bayern were able to put their foot down in the second period.

From Goal.com
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by Sauron1: 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
doyin13:

You observed in a previous post how awful at times United's midfield were.

Apart from conceding possession cheaply, Fletcher contained Bayern's midfielders very well.
They created nothing from the middle of the pack. It was basically from the wings they exploited Man Utd's Gary Neville.

I doubt it was Olic who caused them to be poor.

Bommel was always available, gave quick ball and hardly lost the ball while
in possession.

It was Olic's constant harrying at the back that caused disarray in United's defence.
Evra was giving possession away and hurrying his passes thus making em inaccurate.

Olic on the other hand was physically undersized overmatched
by himself up front. [b]I don't doubt his energy and his harrying etc.
but his primary responsibility besides scoring
goals is to give the team a target up front and hold it so that people can join
in. [/b]I remember a few occasions when he lost the ball and the team momentum.

Muller should be doing that NOT Olic.

He was especially dire in the first half, and only marginally improved in the
second. Gomes gave them impetus and Olic actually looked better when he moved
to the left.

United played em off the park in the first half.
I saw nothing of Van Bommel throughout. . . . .

I hope Van Gaal realises Olic simply is no match for Vidic and Rio with a partner let
alone by himself.

All to play for in the 2nd leg. . . . .
This is reminiscent of the Manchester Derby with Tevez getting all the accolades.
At OT, his ballz froze and United advanced.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by dayokanu(m): 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
Which Van Bommel?
Fletcher disgraced him for 90 mins.
Your best player was Olic. . . . .Bommel wasn't in the game at all.

I cannot even remember him doing anything concrete.
Where was Van Bommel when Fletcher was putting good crosses in your box that Rooney kept missing time n time again.
If you play Van Bommel @ OT, you will lose by a wide margin.

Fletcher sent one cross from Lahms wing. Did anyone see Carrick today? What of Fletcher? Park nko? They were all in Van Bommels pocket He ate them for dinner
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by Sauron1: 10:43pm On Mar 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Fletcher sent one cross from Lahms wing. Did anyone see Carrick today? What of Fletcher? Park nko? They were all in Van Bommels pocket He ate them for dinner

Fletcher pissed on your midfield. . . . .Too easy for him like he was playing at OT.
I can't wait to see what he will do when he gets to OT(a familiar terrain). Your pitch was rubbish.
United couldn't get their passing game going but Van Bommel will be scared now to face Flectherino a second time.

chic2pimp:

Van Bommel: 7 – Did his usual job of battling away in the midfield, whilst showing himself once again to be a more than capable player on the ball. He was the main reason why Bayern were able to put their foot down in the second period.

From Goal.com

Link?
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by DrDre1(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2010
I'm still flabberwhelmed with the display from our team tonight. No serious tackles, ball possession was poor, midfield was OMG! I had to remind myself atimes I wasn't watching a Super Eagles match afta half time. To think that we are meeting those lousy Chelsea next makes it more worrisome. Sir Alex I guess must be tonguelashin dem boys rite now. There beta be a serious explanation for such a dismal performance. Maybe food poisonin or german juju cos d whole team look quite weak. Even J.S Park seemed to have left his speed in England. I trust Baba will straighten dem out b4 our next match
Thank GOD we got an away goal & they're coming 2 OT. Not completely bad considering we were on their pitch.

To All Haters
Don't write us off just yet. Even the britest of lites (sun) goes down 2 come out strong again.
Chelsea to the gallows!!! cheesy grin

@ Chic
U dey mind Goal.com? Ha! I laff in Mukina's mothertongue. tongue
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by chic2pimp(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2010
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by Sauron1: 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1127/player-ratings/2010/03/30/1856284/player-ratings-bayern-munich-2-1-manchester-united

And what did they say about Fletcher and Scholes?
That Van Bommel ATE them alive? Bommel got that high mark because Bayern won.
Remobe Olic's goal out of it and he woulda scored 4 or 4.5.

He made Fletcher look like Matthias Sammer.
Van Bommel has played in front of his fans, letz see how he will display at OT!!!
I am 100% certain United will go through.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by dayokanu(m): 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
WHat happened to Parks 13 lungs and Carricks Pass.

Van Beast Bommel ate them all.

AT Old Trafford, welcome back a fit Robben and Gomez plus unsuspended Schweinsteiger
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by mystikal(m): 10:59pm On Mar 30, 2010
Whatever happened to "We love to play away"
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by Sauron1: 11:00pm On Mar 30, 2010
dayokanu:

WHat happened to Parks 13 lungs and Carricks Pass.

Van Beast Bommel ate them all.

AT Old Trafford, welcome back a fit Robben and Gomez plus unsuspended Schweinsteiger

Until then. . . .
The United that ATE Barcelona, AC Milan, Wolfsburg, Lyon, Inter Milan and Arsenal @ OT will DESTROY Bayern Munich.
United will score 4 on the night. Put your money where your Nazi nostrils are.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by dayokanu(m): 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2010
Ask in their various mother tongues maybe they would understand.

I thot Manure doesnt lose at home.

Now its 3 wins to bayern 1 win to Manure

Who is your daddy??
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by chic2pimp(m): 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2010
~Sauron~:

And what did they say about Fletcher and Scholes?
That Van Bommel ATE them alive? Bommel got that high mark because Bayern won.
Remobe Olic's goal out of it and he woulda scored 4 or 4.5.
Nah Van Bommel got that mark because he played well.
Van Bommel might not have eaten Fletcher but he was simply the better player of the two on the night.
Although I can understand the word 'Eat' cuz that's what y'all use.

~Sauron~:

He made Fletcher look like Matthias Sammer.
Van Bommel has played in front of his fans, letz see how he will display at OT!!!
I am 100% certain United will go through.

I also believe Man United will go through.
It just won't be the foregone conclusion many peeps thought it would
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by underscore: 11:03pm On Mar 30, 2010
Unless a miracle happens, I don't see United going through this Bayern Munich team >>> with Rooney injured!

Hope they can put their acts together against Chelsea!
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
Rating for all manure midfielder below

Fletcher: 6 – One of United’s better midfielders, but they lost out quite heavily in the second half in particular. His excellent cross should have been turned home by Rooney for 2-0.

Carrick: 5.5 – Didn’t get on top in midfield, as shown by the possession statistics, and by the amount of running he was left to do. Replaced by Valencia.

Scholes: 6 – The typical Paul Scholes performance, littered with endeavour, commitment and shocking tackles. Caught on the ball too often for the liking of United supporters.

Park: 5.5 – The Korean started well but quickly faded, trying his best to get involved in the high-tempo midfield battle, but too often losing possession.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1127/player-ratings/2010/03/30/1856284/player-ratings-bayern-munich-2-1-manchester-united
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by dayokanu(m): 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2010
For Ribery's free kick

The ball came off Rooney, The guy is an absolute great form. Anything he touches turns into a goal
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by Sauron1: 11:10pm On Mar 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

Van Bommel might not have eaten Fletcher but he was simply the better player of the two on the night.

Van Bommel played well WITHOUT contributing nada.
He didn't defend, he added nothing offensively. . . . .He was on that pitch when Nani and Vidic hit the cross-bar.
What else? Butt was also better than VDS?

We got the AWAY goal. . . . .I am very happy with that.
Had Bayern won 1-0, i would be kicking maself seriously but with MY away goal. . . . .I say bring on Bayern with Robben, Schweini, Rummenigge and Beckenbauer. They will be EATEN alive by Old Trafford IMMORTALS.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by sage(m): 11:12pm On Mar 30, 2010
Man U is not going to beat Bayern by 4 goals with or without Rooney. Dont let that Milan aberation fool you
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by Sauron1: 11:22pm On Mar 30, 2010
sage:

Man U is not going to beat Bayern by 4 goals with or without Rooney. Dont let that Milan aberation fool you

We weren't going to beat Roma 7-1 as well after LOSING 2-1 in Rome.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by chelseabmw(m): 11:26pm On Mar 30, 2010
I said it, i told u guys it will be 2-1 in favour of manutd, na una don see
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by chic2pimp(m): 11:27pm On Mar 30, 2010
~Sauron~:

Van Bommel played well WITHOUT contributing nada.
He didn't defend, he added nothing offensively. . . . .He was on that pitch when Nani and Vidic hit the cross-bar.
What else? Butt was also better than VDS?
Van Bommel might not have contributed something concrete but he did what he had to do very well.
He was the Best Midfielder on the Pitch tonight.
Also, It wasn't his Job to Mark either Nani or Vidic, was it? undecided

~Sauron~:

We got the AWAY goal. . . . .I am very happy with that.
Had Bayern won 1-0, i would be kicking maself seriously but with MY away goal. . . . .I say bring on Bayern with Robben, Schweini, Rummenigge and Beckenbauer. They will be EATEN alive by Old Trafford IMMORTALS.
I don't see it as clear cut as you do.
For starters Bayern will go into the tie with a lead and so y'all would have to attack em'.
And With the pace & trickery of robbery on the wings(especially on the counterattack), your fullbacks are in for one hell of a night.
Your only saving grace is that Bayern's Defence is piss poor.

dayokanu:

Ask in their various mother tongues maybe they would understand.

I thot Manure doesnt lose at home.

Now its 3 wins to bayern 1 win to Manure

Who is your daddy??
Oya e don do jor grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by chelseabmw(m): 11:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
@Fest7
    Hope ur eyez don clear grin grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by kaypumpin2(m): 11:29pm On Mar 30, 2010
chic2pimp:

It is so funny how much difference that late goal by Olic made in people's rating.Forget about man to man comparison(Bommel/Fletcher) and look at Fletcher's over-all game,he was one of the best performer in a surprisingly dire United set-up.That dude has to be the most under-praised United player this term.He has add a creativity and flair to his game and seems to be iproving with each game.

The game comes at the heel of a Man U/Chelsea game and that makes it the more interesting. . .
Something tells me it MAY be decided via penalty.My fingers are crossed.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by dayokanu(m): 11:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
Evra was still seeing ghosts of Robben when Altintop was doing him back and forth.

Evra best LB in the world? Ask Altintop.

Bayern too has to play the BL table toppers Schalke on Saturday. We have a harder schedule than Manure
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by Sauron1: 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2010
kay_pumpin:

It is so funny how much difference that late goal by Olic made in people's rating.Forget about man to man comparison(Bommel/Fletcher) and look at Fletcher's over-all game,he was one of the best performer in a surprisingly dire United set-up.That dude has to be the most under-praised United player this term.He has add a creativity and flair to his game and seems to be iproving with each game.

Exactly ma point.
Olic's goal surprisingly lifted Van Bommel's 3.5 rating to 7.
Of course, the winning players will get more marks even though the winner came in the 92nd minute.

The game comes at the heel of a Man U/Chelsea game and that makes it the more interesting. . .

Can United play much worse than they did tonight? I doubt it.
At Old Trafford with 76,000 fans screaming, those Bayern boys will melt.
The away goal gives us a CLEAR advantage.
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by dayokanu(m): 11:43pm On Mar 30, 2010
The away goal gives us a CLEAR advantage

Who would melt? Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Van Bommel or Olic?

The young and timid ones like Alaba and Contento would be on the bench
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by chic2pimp(m): 11:45pm On Mar 30, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Ofcourse it would.
After all he was the one driving the team forward from the centre of the pitch.
Fletcher did not by any means have a bad game but taking everything into consideration Van Bommel was better.

kay_pumpin:

Exactly!!!
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by Krayola(m): 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2010
~Sauron~:

Exactly ma point.
Olic's goal surprisingly lifted Van Bommel's 3.5 rating to 7.
Of course, the winning players will get more marks even though the winner came in the 92nd minute.

The away goal gives us a CLEAR advantage.

This man ur team was useless today. That 1st minute shakara could only take u so far. It was just like how u came out blazing hot in the early minutes against Barca, only to be thoroughly kobokoed for the rest of the match; only that Rooney's marker slipped and he got wide open. Bayern should have a 2 goal advantage going into the 2nd leg but I'm still certain U guys are heading out.

HOW MARKET?  grin  grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by chic2pimp(m): 11:50pm On Mar 30, 2010
Krayola:

This man your team was useless today. That 1st minute shakara could only take u so far. It was just like how u came out blazing hot in the early minutes against Barca, only to be thoroughly kobokoed for the rest of the match; only that Rooney's marker slipped and he got wide open. Bayern should have a 2 goal advantage going into the 2nd leg but I'm still certain U guys are heading out.

HOW MARKET? grin grin
Hehehe grin grin grin
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by waleski(m): 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
Dis kind of result is wat a chelsea or arsenal fan wuld be dreaming abt wenever they go away in d champions league as far as i am concerned d game is stil balanced nd can go either way it is rooney injury dat is more worrisome d whole of england wil be holding their breath if d injury is long cause without rooney england is toastg in d w/c
Re: Bayern Munich Vs Man Utd [2-1] On Tues. 30th, March 2010 by Sauron1: 12:00am On Mar 31, 2010
Krayola:

This man your team was useless today. That 1st minute shakara could only take u so far. It was just like how u came out blazing hot in the early minutes against Barca, only to be thoroughly kobokoed for the rest of the match; only that Rooney's marker slipped and he got wide open. Bayern should have a 2 goal advantage going into the 2nd leg but I'm still certain U guys are heading out.

HOW MARKET?  grin  grin

The same thing happened in Manchester City stadium when Tevez got 2 goals and became an overnight celebrity for 6 days.
During that time, he called Neville a tarado, claimed he was the best striker in Man Utd and reh reh reh.
U ejaculated for 72 hours praising Tevez to the high heavens and argued he shouldn't have been sold.
A week later, no one saw you on NL after Scholes and Carrick hammered the final nail in Man City's coffin.

Barcelona cannot beat United over two legs.
When they attempted it in 2007/8, Messi was anonymous for 180 mins.
This tie is not over yet. The match was played in Bayern(it's not unexpected for them to have the home advantage). . . .now the tie is going to OT where excellent players like Messi, Xavi, Ronaldinho, Drogba, Fabregas, Kaka, Henry, Etoo, Ibrahimovic and Adriano have all faded into oblivion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Huddersfield (1 - 0) On 8th December 2018 / Arsenal Vs Rapid Wien : Europa Cup (4 - 1) On 3rd December 2020 / Hungary Vs Belgium : Euro 2016 (0 - 4) On 26th June 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.