Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

"I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man (52041 Views)

Remi Ajiboye: I Was Paid N4,000 As Monthly Salary, Says ASUP Chairman / How I Paid Back LAUTECH Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University. / University Of Brunei Darussalam Knowledge Test For Master Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by anochuko01(m): 8:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
Lagos Business School, institute For industrial training, and Harvard Business School
my three dream schools.
Thank God for ya

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by meezynetwork(m): 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
4.8m wey u for take be landlord
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by chizzy161(f): 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2017
Don't tell me you borrowed that shoe too because it is Italian pure leather.

3 Likes

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by kings09(m): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
Ok but wats d point of dis gist now
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Jabioro: 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
With your master degree,you can't give a complete/brief summary ...akward and sudden death story.

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by duduade: 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
wirinet:
The story get as be...
You worked for 6 months without receiving a dime;

You had no money to change clothes;

You trekked from your office in festac to your Church around mile 2 because you had no money;

But .... You paid 4.8million Naira for a master's degree by yourself.

How was it possible.

You just spoke the mind of millions of Nigerians reading this story
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by rawtouch: 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
congrats but story incomplete,
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by JoshMedia: 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
tchimatic:
that's enough to do a masters in london n also work as well.
#choice.
You don't mean it.

You mean Whitening London or You wanted to type Lagos?

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Partnerbiz(f): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
I will rather use the money and start a good business instead of Masters.

why do some Young graduate rush into master program this days, Masters​ degree can never guarantee you a good job never .. look at how this dude wasted millions for just a paper why not invest it in a good lucrative business.

some please should advice me
I,m 28 years old and I graduated this year, probably after my school clearance I will serve next year.
But the problem now is that I have a small business I,m running which At least pays me more than 68k per month which I can't afford to quit for youth service. So my question is this.....
Is it possible shift my service year till 2019 (though I graduated this year 2017 at the age of 28) when I will be ready to serve?
I want to go for service just to get the nysc certificate because I might need it in future even though I'm business inclined cuz no one knows tomorrow.

Yes you can serve even next four yrs since u grad under 30 yrs.

Again try get ur posting to where u stay then u can do biz while serving cos u can get ur ppa close to where u stay.

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by tchimatic(m): 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
[quote author=AdolfHitlerxXx post=62952037]

Except London has been relocated to Onitsha,

4.8 million wouldn't pay for a Masters in Toilet Cleaning in the UK
[/quot
don't be too sure bro... my elder brother started his masters with 3.5 last year in UEL n was able to pay the rest through working while studying.

3 Likes

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
congrat brother and good for you...you suffer spur you on but remember say e get people wey even don suffer pass you sef
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by HolyTitus(m): 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2017
A whooping 4.8 Million just for M.BS I would double that amount if i ever got hold of 4.8 million IN A YEAR - no gambling.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by JoshMedia: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
Simplep:
Story wey no gt direction
No magnitude self
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Alexgeneration(m): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
wirinet:
The story get as be...
You worked for 6 months without receiving a dime;

You had no money to change clothes;

You trekked from your office in festac to your Church around mile 2 because you had no money;

But .... You paid 4.8million Naira for a master's degree by yourself.

How was it possible.
Maybe he saved and used handouts to sponsor himself.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Godswillnwaoma(m): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
Partnerbiz:

Yes you can serve even next four yrs since u grad under 30 yrs.

Again try get ur posting to where u stay then u can do biz while serving cos u can get ur ppa close to where u stay.
ok dear.. thanks
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by JoshMedia: 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
chizzy161:
Don't tell me you borrowed that shoe too because it is Italian pure leather.
Chai
See zooming and verification

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Mekanus(m): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Some people mumu sha, you spent 4.8m to do masters in this shiit hole country where even PhD holders dy look for job. Money you should have used to better your life through investment, mtcheeew! Who masters degree epp? Your matter just tire me...

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by arrestdarrester: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:

why do some Young graduate rush into master program this days, Masters​ degree can never guarantee you a good job never .. look at how this dude wasted millions for just a paper why not invest it in a good lucrative business.

Pray first

Restructure the business next

'Work your posting' back to your place of business

Restrategize to relocate the business or replicate it elsewhere if all else fails

I,m 28 years old and I graduated this year, probably after my school clearance I will serve next year.
But the problem now is that I have a small business I,m running which At least pays me more than 68k per month which I can't afford to quit for youth service. So my question is this.....
Is it possible shift my service year till 2019 (though I graduated this year 2017 at the age of 28) when I will be ready to serve?
I want to go for service just to get the nysc certificate because I might need it in future even though I'm business inclined cuz no one knows tomorrow.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Sphinx02(m): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
sry bro,u paid 4.8mil for a piece of paper!If wisely invested that amount wld make u billions within 15yrs.something your piece of paper cannot do.pele
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by IamIBK: 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Modelqwen:
shocked

Ur story is ur glory now.

There's time for everything.
Ur time for reaping just began.
May God answer our prayers, we that ae still sowing now.
Amen o...good Lord please bless us and enlarge our coast...

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by arrestdarrester: 9:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:

Pray first

Restructure the business next

'Work your posting' back to your place of business

Restrategize to relocate the business or replicate it elsewhere if all else fails
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by amnotapervert(m): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
Don't talk about what you don't know.....
tchimatic:
that's enough to do a masters in london n also work as well.
#choice.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
JoshMedia:

You don't mean it.

You mean Ikere London or You wanted to type Lagos?
Oosheyy IK London.

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by proeast(m): 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:

You never still go for this NYSC??

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Chevronstaff: 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
4.8 Million naira for masters in naija?? oga you wasted your money....!!!
that can cover the total cost of msc in Germany and I promise you will live a better life in Deutschland.....

4 Likes

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by 7footre(m): 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
For someone who didn't receive pay for 6 months and didn't haave money to change clothes within the said time frame, i'm wondering how he accessed loan and where d cash came from.

Congrats on d masters degree but you didn't have to Bobo us about it
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by aspirebig: 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
People like have worse stories and experience.

Thank God for today.
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Bumski10(m): 9:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed
Is this guy really a graduate??

His choices betrays the above question??

A real graduate wont waste #4.8m in studying master especially in Nigeria when you consider job prospects for graduates in this country are on the low..
A real graduate from Nigeria that has really passed through the hurdle of studying in Nigeria will rather use that money to start up and be an employer of labour

or

He could just use 750k out of it to apply to foreign University, prepare well to ace the Toefl, gre, Ielts and obtain scholarship to study oversee.

But he rather chose to be stupid and now disturbing our cyber space.

I will say '' NwaAmaikpe come and carry your stupid brother oo'' because I know he will still commit suicide at last due to frustration.. Rip in advance
Brother...this is uncalled for

1 Like

Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Oduwils222(m): 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
IsokoPrince:
Story not complete
Abi o?
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Oduwils222(m): 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
IsokoPrince:
Story not complete
Abi o!
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by shallysgirl: 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:

Why not redeploy your posting to where your business is located
Re: "I Paid N4.8M For My Master's Program, I Starved And Borrowed" - Young Man by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
Dayo has always been a fool right from his days in OOU Mass Com. I always felt he was bit of a talkative and he has not changed. Look at the disgrace he has brought himself by yapping about his masters. He could have used that 4.8 Million to travel to Canada like Deolu his classmate in OOU then. Congrats to him though but he should tone down blowing his own trumpet prematurely. Nairalanders, make una free the guy as he is just a "boy".

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Answering Any 7 Of These Means Your IQ Is Really High. / Auchi Polytechnic Graduate Thrown Up By Students / ASUU May Suspend Strike Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.