Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz (18261 Views)

I Have 2 Houses In America - Peter Okoye Reveals As He Addresses Critics (Video) / Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead / Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo (2) (3) (4)

Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by biggerboyc(m): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Brugo(m): 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
jihday:
Davido didn't steal small doctor's song he only sampled his lyrics and it's every where

That sample can be valued and he can be prosecuted for using the lyrics without permission.
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by udemzyudex(m): 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
jihday:
Davido didn't steal small doctor's song he only sampled his lyrics and it's every where

This is why I tell people that Nigeria can never be great, not in this generation..

Just look at your reply, always joking with serious issues, no wonder the police PRO didn't take the #ENDSARS thing serious, the politicians don't take the citizens serious.

Until we start taking important issues seriously, this country will forever remain backward.

No be curse.

Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by bsideboii(m): 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
Is Sir Victor Uwaifo trying to do a "blackface" on these upcoming acts
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Pidginwhisper: 10:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
asdfjklhaha:
H
I no know why this your tongue twister of a monika dey always make me laugh anytime I see am
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by homesteady(m): 10:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
I spent about the last 15 minutes of my life trying to find any semblance between the two songs, and I couldn't find any reasonable semblance.....

However, there is a precedent for such a case in Nigeria. It was between Cynthia Morgan and one lady that I can't remember her name, the name in contention was popori. The lady had a song named popori and Cynthia Morgan just released a song titled same. She sued Cynthia and She won. So Victor Uwaifo would win if he takes the case to court because of the name.

Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by SoNature(m): 10:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
asdfjklhaha:
H

Nwa, so u like to occupy space too? grin

Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by mofedamijo(m): 11:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
martineverest:
He is making noise because the old man isn't litigating him.

Robie thicke $7m fine wasn't as bad as 'joromi' scenario.
I keep saying it, if you want to tackle piracy and plagiarism in Nigeria start with Nigerian artistes.

Imagine davido picking young doctor's line 'if u no get money how y your face "in his song" fia"and nobody is saying anything. 2face infringing on blackfaces intellectual property and Nigerians are calling blackface a hungry man.

Just last week Bruno Mars was sued by a photographer for posting his(Bruno) personal pic the photographer took in 1980s without the photographers consent.

Also recall 50cent and Chinue Achebe saga

My brother i for give u granny if u b musician ooo,dont mind kids of nowadays they wont read a thing,does he know the meaning of joromi,why did he not ure jerome,that oldman brought joromi,same way davido change fire to fia,thats his intellectual work u dont mess with it,one day he will do a mistake n use an american guyz lyrics n god help him he will shoot the video in u.s.a,its then he will know that even if they sell all his nuclear and extended families asset,it will not pay his lawyer let alone pay for the stolen materials....yeye boi so full of himself,yet he sings nonsense........instead of him to beg the oldman n probably ask they should do a remix,that way he pays the oldman back n also make some cash 4 himself....
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by mofedamijo(m): 11:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
homesteady:
I spent about the last 15 minutes of my life trying to find any semblance between the two songs, and I couldn't find any reasonable semblance.....

However, there is a precedent for such a case in Nigeria. It was between Cynthia Morgan and one lady that I can't remember her name, the name in contention was popori. The lady had a song named popori and Cynthia Morgan just released a song titled same. She sued Cynthia and She won. So Victor Uwaifo would win if he takes the case to court because of the name.
Thats just the fact.....joromi was brought about by the oldman,why hin no use jerome,why joromi....Yeye boy,ur grandfather mate dey correct u,u still dey form am right,fia burn that hin pomo lips........

Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Joeflexy: 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
bsideboii:
Is Sir Victor Uwaifo trying to do a "blackface" on these upcoming acts

Do u know who is Victor uwaifo at All? You guys don't even have respect for elder. A veteran musician you are comparing with blackface and jwon.

Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by TonyRoland(m): 11:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
Tizzytayo:

Yes he didn't stoled it, he stolededing it. Lol... Shift lemme faint
bro wetin,av u forgotten dat "stoled" z d past participle for "stole"....... lolz
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by bsideboii(m): 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Joeflexy:

Do u know who is Victor uwaifo at All? You guys don't even have respect for elder. A veteran musician you are comparing with blackface and jwon.
Yes I know Sir Victor Uwaifo.The 'joromi' singer,the UNIBEN lecturer of the dept. of art.I didn't compare him to any of the abovd mentioned artist.The wise thing was to Ignore them if they plagiarised his work in my opinion
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Adaomalight(f): 1:43am On Dec 04, 2017
enemyofprogress:
He didn't stoled it

cry
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 04, 2017
Titto93:
If Buhari can steal Obama's speech, what is there if Jaywon steals Victors song.
Make una free the young man, everything is stealable in Nigeria.
Omg grin I forgot about the speech thing! Wow
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by devigblegble: 3:42am On Dec 04, 2017
As I was reading the comments above me, I realized something very BIG and I can only express it in broken English “ walahi English don suffer die in the hands of Nigerians “
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by LordTrezy(m): 5:22am On Dec 04, 2017
martineverest:

I keep saying it, if you want to tackle piracy and plagiarism in Nigeria start with Nigerian artistes.

Imagine davido picking young doctor's line 'if u no get money how y your face "in his song" fia"and nobody is saying anything. 2face infringing on blackfaces intellectual property and Nigerians are calling blackface a hungry man.

Just last week Bruno Mars was sued by a photographer for posting his(Bruno) personal pic the photographer took in 1980s without the photographers consent.

Inasmuch as I agree with your assertion, you need to answer this question... was Joromi by sir Victor Nwaifo copyrighted??
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 04, 2017
Victor Uwaifo is very stupid. He's making noise over songs that don't take after his own in any way. He should be thankful to Jaywon and Simi for bringing back the Joromi sef. Yeye old man.
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by edudguy(m): 5:53am On Dec 04, 2017
Last week or thereabout a similar thread was on FP. I don't know about the patent of Joromi or if it was Sir Victor that coined the term 'Joromi' but when I heard Simi's lyrics the first thing that came to mind was Sir Vicor Uwaifo's Joromi. The lyrics are different but there's a similarity in the tune during the Chorus. During the Joromi chorus there's a similarity. Same with Simi and Falz's soldier, we all know that Fela's soldier is about the Military while Simi and Falz's is about love and rejection but there's a similarity. It's the tune, the tunes are similar. I saw how people insulted the man saying he was too old and just wanted to make money. Either their ear is not functioning or their sense is paining them. The man above me is a practical example.

Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by tiwiex(m): 7:01am On Dec 04, 2017
mofedamijo:

My brother i for give u granny if u b musician ooo,dont mind kids of nowadays they wont read a thing,does he know the meaning of joromi,why did he not ure jerome,that oldman brought joromi,same way davido change fire to fia,thats his intellectual work u dont mess with it,one day he will do a mistake n use an american guyz lyrics n god help him he will shoot the video in u.s.a,its then he will know that even if they sell all his nuclear and extended families asset,it will not pay his lawyer let alone pay for the stolen materials....yeye boi so full of himself,yet he sings nonsense........instead of him to beg the oldman n probably ask they should do a remix,that way he pays the oldman back n also make some cash 4 himself....
Apart from the word Joromi, the chorus just sounds the same. I don't get this argument. someone even says the starting instrumentals is also similar.just modernized. i didn't even think of that. But it sure sounds the same. even when Jawon sand at the end of his interview, I was like "are these guys kidding me?" i was far from my laptop and could still hear the similarities.
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by gameboyo: 7:16am On Dec 04, 2017
martineverest:

U are perfectly right. Especially 2face and blackface issue
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by sukomit(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2017
What about simi joromi?
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Hahnemann: 9:04am On Dec 04, 2017
Wait o
Did she actually followed that guy to his bedroom, y are they sitting together on his bed?
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Anuoluwapo23(f): 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2017
Please guys don't forget to Subscribe to my Channel
Ink below

www.youtube.com/Sisilizzyvlog.com
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Anuoluwapo23(f): 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2017
Hahnemann:
Wait o
Did she actually followed that guy to his bedroom, y are they sitting together on his bed?
Thats a studio grin ;Dphase don't watch alone, comment, like and share
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by KonfamD: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
Jaywon said Simi's "Joromi" was the reason he titled this latest track [b]"Joro Joromi" [/b]and explains why he prefers to use his native language in songs in this new post. See more here
https://www.facebook.com/konfamd.naija/posts/312205435947459?pnref=story

Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by okwuvic(m): 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2017
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Anuoluwapo23(f): 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2017
Watch and comment thanks.
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by enemyofprogress: 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2017
Adaomalight:

cry
stop crying tongue tongue
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Adaomalight(f): 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2017
enemyofprogress:
stop crying tongue tongue

Ep stop beating me cry
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Anuoluwapo23(f): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
Alright people please i beg you, help like the video don't watch alone....PLEASEEEE

Also Comment, like and

Please guys Subscribe to my youtube channel via: www.youtube.com/Sisilizzyvlogs
Re: Did Jaywon Steal Victor Uwaifo Song? Watch As He Addresses The Issue On Sisilizz by Anuoluwapo23(f): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
Sorry just begging Mods to help push it grin
adaksbullet:
but while we u be op and u we still be FTC? angry angry angry while do u haved ojukokoro liked these ehn? angry angry angry angry angry

I'm liked jailwon responds, the two both joromi his no even sounded same way and papa uwaifo his run his mouth upandan undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Jailwon whit killer ponch grin am liked ur reply jere grin grin grin grin

Nina Says She Wasn’t Initially Attracted To Miracle / Nike Oshinowo's Son In Karate Class With His Friends / Bisola Congratulates Thin Tall Tony On The Birth Of His Daughter [PICS]