Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) (32862 Views)

Favour & Ella: Lady Beaten To Pulp By Friend, 6 Others Who Ganged Up Against Her / Lady Beaten By Boyfriend For Dumping Him After Sex / Lady Beaten And Robbed By Taxify Driver In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Quelle: 7:06am On Dec 04, 2017
A lady identified as Mary Okoronkwo, has been severely brutalized by some officers of the Anambra State government, for not using a pedestrian bridge in Onitsha.

According to the report, the incident happened yesterday at the pedestrian bridge close to Uga, Onitsha. Ms. Okoronkwo had gone to the state, from Asaba, Delta State, to buy some goods and she didn’t know about the pedestrian bridge.

The officers were said to have pounced on her immediately after crossing the road. She was only told what her offense was after they had thoroughly beaten her. When Okoronkwo went to report the matter at the nearest police station, she was told to approach human rights activists to help her get justice.

http://www.lodgerill.com.ng/2017/12/lady-beaten-mercilessly-by-police-for.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by UbanmeUdie: 7:11am On Dec 04, 2017
shocked

Ignorance they say is not an excuse before the law.

Instead of bailing herself immediately with cash or kind, i'm sure she was running her useless mouth.

I guess she has learnt a bitter lesson now.

18 Likes

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Settingz321(m): 7:13am On Dec 04, 2017
This can not even happen to an immigrants in some advance countries talkless of a citizen

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by python1: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2017
Why she no go use pedestrian bridge? If motor Jam am, she go run to social media begin post her ugly head yearning opata about how motorists are reckless. Rabbish.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by DOUBLEWAHALA: 7:28am On Dec 04, 2017
what controls women sometimes comes from the bush they will just wake up and decide to disobey

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Khd95(m): 7:30am On Dec 04, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Instead of bailing herself immediately with cash or kind, i'm sure she was running her useless mouth.

sense far from u walai..is it not the duty of the police to inform her of her crime..is beating her up the right thing to do.

python1:
Why she no go use pedestrian bridge? If motor Jam am, she go run to social media begin post her ugly head yearning opata about how motorists are reckless. Rabbish.
ur own case is pathetic embarassed

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Vanpascore(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
Ladies ehnn! I am prety sure her mouth was d cause of d beaten after she was told she was wrong with her action.

Did i hear human activist? Let her go and get more koboko

4 Likes

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by talk2ekpa(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
This is unfair and inhumane. Handwork of uneducated hungry police officers

Fresh Jobs at Amaiden Energy and Hobark Limited

1.https://www.careerportal.ng/companies/hobark-international-limited-hil/
2. https://www.careerportal.ng/companies/amaiden-energy-nigeria-limited/
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by josielewa(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
63J3BJT.....today is lit

4 Likes

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by jieta: 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
no be even better beat self, i wish motor jam her die na we for don lose one citizen. sorry that she had to learn in a hard way.

1 Like

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
where is the mercilessly? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Tjohnnay: 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
Ladies have been trending on nairaland today

Na wao

See ladies topic

Smh

1 Like

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by mosegifted: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
You can imagine...mtcheeew
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by dstar01(m): 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
Why wasting your time responding to those fools, its obvious their brains have been downgraded to virtually nonexistence, anyways I hope the lady gets justice soon

1 Like

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Stalwert: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
Sad ...use the pedestrian. bridge next time. The police man should be dismissed for such brutality.
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by mexygirls(f): 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
What rubbish excuse!
She didnt know about the pedestrian bridge. How?
She didnt see it there or what. However they would have turned her back to use the bridge instead of brutalizing her.
Those bridges are actually for our own safety
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by benifeanyi57: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim

2 Likes

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Boyooosa(m): 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
So, na nl be d human rice centre koh? Some ladies fit provoke person so I can't use this report to judge the situation, I can never! Cos I sense inaccuracy, that's orl.
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by rawtouch: 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
shocked
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by talk2saintify(m): 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

NwaAmaikpe No teach you well

Yhur Post Are Boring Unlike NwaAmaikpe Own angry angry angry

Go Sleep Biko

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Dearlord(m): 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
When I say I love the Foreign Force nobody should question me.
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Nebuchadnezar: 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2017
inasmuch as i condemn this treatment especially to a lady

the bridge is boldly seen there and very busy
probably she's just been lazy to climb

that's for her safety because the speed of trailer in that uga junction is something else

sorry dear next time use the pedestrian bridge
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by topsypoly(m): 12:16pm On Dec 04, 2017
This crave to be like NwaAmaikpe is really doing you strong thing. Carve ur style bro, carve ur style!
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by brunobaba(m): 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2017
josielewa:
63J3BJT.....today is lit
Oshey baddest..played already

2 Likes

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by smartpyzee(m): 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2017
python1:
that's not an excuse for the brutalization

That's not the best way of handling that situation.... Most they treat civilians like animals?...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by Webman007: 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2017
Sorry dear.....surprised at what some peps are saying.....Yes she made a mistake of not usiing the bridge but does that justify the beating and lawlessness exhibited by the Police?
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
Nigerians love to behave like animals....at times rough treatment is the only language they understand wink
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by kabarka(m): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2017
This is not fair especially for a newcomer in town even an indigene that just come into town can be a victim.

A friend of mine was a victim last month but he bailed himself with #500.
According to him,he was coming from brigdehead,he stopped and used the pedestrian brigde to lagos park side,as he now want to use his leg to cross to where he initially stopped.A girl on yellow shirt and black trousser signalled to him to go back but he did not understand.
Before he knows whats happening,they grabbed him by the waist to the military post nearby.

That is where the told him his offence.

There is no proper awareness for this,that is why newcomers in town will always fall victim.

1 Like

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by LordIsaac(m): 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
Africa...a land where insanity is worshipped! God take me to a place inhabited by humans.
Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by orion7: 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
python1:
. just see wati this heartless bmc type.

you all are just like buhari. clueless

1 Like

Re: Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) by KingRex1(m): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2017
We still dealing with the endsars wahala, police wanna start theirs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Abandoned At Dump Site In Bayelsa Cries To Death (Disturbing Photo) / EFCC Arrests 11 Yahoo Boys In Sapele, Delta State (Photos) / Son Of Local Government Chairman Arrested For Robbery: I Blame My Father For It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.