Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,563 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Yahoo Guys Again? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yahoo Guys Again? (1019 Views)

Policemen Crushed Colleague To Death While Chasing Yahoo Guys / Serious Warning: To LADIES Dating YAHOO + Guys.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Guys Again? by princechigozie: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2017
*Please, you all should beware of the activities of scammers. The story I'm about to share is a private encounter I had with one of them last week.*

The scammers of this out present time are always coming up with " *innovative* " ways of moving their " *ministry* " to the permanent site. One of them contacted me two days ago, he (but he put a female profile picture of an American lady) is my Facebook friend, and goes by the name, Sheryl Brutus. She (I meant he) also claimed to be from Ohio, in USA and a single mother of two. She claimed that she was the CEO of TekSystem Inc. That the company was about to penetrate Africa and they have already built a plant in Kenya. She also said, they have sent their delegates to discuss with the Nigerian government. After chatting for some time, she said she was not always available on Facebook that she would like us to chat on iChat. When I told her that I was not on iChat she promised to send me an iPhone 7 and a MacBook Pro Laptop the following day so we could further discuss (on business terms). So as not to bug you with much details, the following day, she sent me those pictures, which according to her contains the details of the Apple devices she sent plus $1500 USD attached to it so as to make up for any other expenses. All along, before this time, I thought it was a genuine connection, until I related the matter to one of my siblings who made it clear that it was not genuine. My sibling had to disclose the encounter someone had with one of them some weeks back. So, I had to do a further research online, and that got my eyes opened to the fact that it was really the work of the "Yahoo Guys" looking for the "Maga" that would fall into their trap, but this time around, it was in a more RE-BRANDED way. So, the trick is that, you will be asked to call the customer service (0703 623 2919) of one Emirate Sky Cargo, who according to them, would clear and bring it to your destination but you would be asked to pay some money before the delivery. In my case, it was #47500 but I know that if I had paid them that amount, they would have demanded for more. Surprisingly, when I called the guy, he disguised his voice with a software which can make a male's voice sound like that of a female. It would require paying careful attention before you would be able to detect it. I also had to record the conversation.
As the conversation went on, I had to declare to him, "Na God Go Punish You!" ,he pretended as if he didn't hear me clearly. So, I repeated it, "Na God go Punish You!" Having realized that the bubble had already bursted, he dropped the call on me. Before I could even block him on Facebook, he was the first to do so. The point is, this time around, everyone should be careful so as to avoid STORIES THAT TOUCH THE HEART!"

Re: Yahoo Guys Again? by DrMuzungu(m): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2017
So you send them a fake WU or MG control number, give a bogus story on how to pick the money here or there, or just drop it.
Re: Yahoo Guys Again? by Perfecter4real(m): 6:32am On Jan 09, 2018
whoa! thanks man. do u know i had the same encounter this time with a man same story line claims to be a single dad. I was at the verge of sending them the money they asked for 7500# really crazy the whole shit looks so real. thanks man you just saved me from those fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Guys Again? by Njezi: 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
How can anyone in his or her right mind fall for this?

princechigozie:
*Please, you all should beware of the activities of scammers. The story I'm about to share is a private encounter I had with one of them last week.*

The scammers of this out present time are always coming up with " *innovative* " ways of moving their " *ministry* " to the permanent site. One of them contacted me two days ago, he (but he put a female profile picture of an American lady) is my Facebook friend, and goes by the name, Sheryl Brutus. She (I meant he) also claimed to be from Ohio, in USA and a single mother of two. She claimed that she was the CEO of TekSystem Inc. That the company was about to penetrate Africa and they have already built a plant in Kenya. She also said, they have sent their delegates to discuss with the Nigerian government. After chatting for some time, she said she was not always available on Facebook that she would like us to chat on iChat. When I told her that I was not on iChat she promised to send me an iPhone 7 and a MacBook Pro Laptop the following day so we could further discuss (on business terms). So as not to bug you with much details, the following day, she sent me those pictures, which according to her contains the details of the Apple devices she sent plus $1500 USD attached to it so as to make up for any other expenses. All along, before this time, I thought it was a genuine connection, until I related the matter to one of my siblings who made it clear that it was not genuine. My sibling had to disclose the encounter someone had with one of them some weeks back. So, I had to do a further research online, and that got my eyes opened to the fact that it was really the work of the "Yahoo Guys" looking for the "Maga" that would fall into their trap, but this time around, it was in a more RE-BRANDED way. So, the trick is that, you will be asked to call the customer service (0703 623 2919) of one Emirate Sky Cargo, who according to them, would clear and bring it to your destination but you would be asked to pay some money before the delivery. In my case, it was #47500 but I know that if I had paid them that amount, they would have demanded for more. Surprisingly, when I called the guy, he disguised his voice with a software which can make a male's voice sound like that of a female. It would require paying careful attention before you would be able to detect it. I also had to record the conversation.
As the conversation went on, I had to declare to him, "Na God Go Punish You!" ,he pretended as if he didn't hear me clearly. So, I repeated it, "Na God go Punish You!" Having realized that the bubble had already bursted, he dropped the call on me. Before I could even block him on Facebook, he was the first to do so. The point is, this time around, everyone should be careful so as to avoid STORIES THAT TOUCH THE HEART!"

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Remain In Coma As Doctors Discover Additional Injur / S&b Nigeria Made Sandals / Who Knows? God Knows !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.