Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,748 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Some Nigerian General Overseer's Are Muslims - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Nigerian General Overseer's Are Muslims (438 Views)

General Overseer Of Spirit And Life Bible Church Dies At 62. / General Overseer Of Father’s House Bible Church, Dr Leigh Is Dead / How To Vote In The 2019 Nigerian General Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Nigerian General Overseer's Are Muslims by BumbleBeeHive: 4:22am On Dec 05, 2017
Notes, from my notepad...
SOME NIGERIAN GENERAL OVERSEER'S ARE MUSLIMS
Well, they are better than me as I am neither a true Xtain nor Muslim or even an atheist.
I am a keen observer of RELIGION and POLITICS in Nigeria,I even watch that TV show some of you would call the news,I even visit sites like BBC,vanguard, guardian, nairaland,naij etc etc.
Although I do not comment much on such issues, because the average Nigerian is non scientific and as such not subjected to a change of ideas even when the facts stare them in the face.Maybe i share a little of that gene with everyone else but definitely not on issues such as religion or politics or even the medical sciences,probably on the Nigerian geographical teachings of the rising and setting sun,which of course neither rises nor sets but stays suspended in sphere's above the atmosphere, paying homage as rays of light to the movement of the earth when it's inclined to speak same language with it.
Day in,day out the religious ones,the politickers and the party wannabe members commit the philosophical fallacy of appealing to authority.
They hold their leaders in such high esteem,they believe every word that proceed out of the mouth of these leaders in such a way even the Israelites didn't, Jesus.
Well, enough of the digression and of course ,enough about 50million plus of physiologically sane individuals who choose to as a legendary musician would put it"suffer and smile". Let's talk facts,since Google is still free and PDP and APC haven't noticed.
In 2003, a court in Pakistan sentenced a man to be blinded by acid after he carried out a similar attack on his fiancée.
Is that an observation of an Islamic law? Maybe yes,maybe no,well,Google it,just to be sure.
ISLAMIC LAW[Quaran 2:178]
"O you who have believed, prescribed for you is legal retribution (Qisas) for those murdered – the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female.......
True Islam, the one taught by Muhammad, revives the law of retaliation or lex talionis, best known from the formulation "an eye for an eye" in the Torah.
IT'S EQUIVALENT IN CHRISTAINITY You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.
— Jesus Christ, English Standard Version (Matthew 5:38-39).
If Jesus preached that and acted otherwise when his disciple took the ear of another,well,paraphrasing,WB Yeats in the second coming,things would have fallen apart and mere anarchy would have been let loose to a peaceful religion known as CHRISTIANITY, although excepting a group known as the Catholics prior to probably the 18th century, who of course played a major role in killing a man I love so much,GALILEO and a whole lot, of men, women and children in the names of heresy, witchcraft or what have you...
Jesus, the Bible portrayed to be a man of peace and so, that parable is self explanatory.
You know your GO's who believe in, '' I'll teach her a lesson and I'll teach him a lesson'', don't ask me. Someone was or is still in a PH prison for slapping a General Overseer.
If they practice the sharia law,they are certainly not Christians.
Kariyai Daukoru
Re: Some Nigerian General Overseer's Are Muslims by derecho(m): 4:45am On Dec 05, 2017
IF You have NEVER SEE THIS,PLEASE DO..AS I POST THIS I HAVEN'T FINISHED WATCHING IT...I CAN'T RESIST SHARING..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zJ872BPZzw

(1) (Reply)

Csos Issue FG 21 Days Ultimatum To Scrap SARS / 52 Years Old Zambian Woman Sleeps With Her Teenager To Sustain His Wealth / The False Nuclear Strike Alarm In Hawaii Caused Serious Panic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.