Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

If You Like To Cuddle Dogs, You Might Contract This Disease - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If You Like To Cuddle Dogs, You Might Contract This Disease (459 Views)

What's The Name Of This Disease, Is There A Cure?(photos) / Please Help A Sister Identify This Disease.. / Mycoplasma Genitalium: What To Know About The New Sexually Transmitted Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Like To Cuddle Dogs, You Might Contract This Disease by afonjaman: 5:56am On Dec 05, 2017
There is has been a new wave of resurgence in the incidence of a parasitic infection with Zoonotic

potentials.The particularly vulnerable are individuals that keep dogs and cat as pets and even more, those

that love to cuddle these animals.

The Transmission requires close bodily contact with Dogs hosting the parasite.

Doctors believe the tapeworm is coming from cats and dogs, rather than the usual suspects which are coyotes and foxes

Here, Canadian veterinary professor Emily J Jenkins explains why there is an uptick and why the tapeworm is more dangerous in humans than animals

The tapeworm, Echinococcus multilocularis, is normally found in rodents and other wild animals, including coyotes and foxes, but can spill over into cats and dogs — and even humans though rarely.

Unlike in these animals where the parasite colonises the intestinal from where it could affect the animal, it usually colonises the LIVER in humans and from there spreads to other parts of the body like a Tumour.

If not detected early and treated(Surgical excision and antiparasitic drugs), it has a mortality rate of about 50-70% especially in immunocompromised individuals.

Read more:https://afonjaman.com/if-you-like-to-cuddle-dogs-you-might-have-this-disease/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Like To Cuddle Dogs, You Might Contract This Disease by ikbnice(m): 6:07am On Dec 05, 2017
This is serious
Re: If You Like To Cuddle Dogs, You Might Contract This Disease by Samusu(m): 6:07am On Dec 05, 2017
Chairman, which kind wahala be dis?
Re: If You Like To Cuddle Dogs, You Might Contract This Disease by izzou(m): 6:10am On Dec 05, 2017
E no concern me

Me and dog no get any business

But in case you see any disease that can be contacted by cuddling roasted chicken,fish or turkey, please let me know.

I may be at risk lipsrsealed
Re: If You Like To Cuddle Dogs, You Might Contract This Disease by Khd95(m): 6:11am On Dec 05, 2017
Only for dog lovers angry grin
Re: If You Like To Cuddle Dogs, You Might Contract This Disease by Daeylar(f): 8:33am On Dec 05, 2017
Dog lovers and cuddlers like me embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

If You Do Not Want To Die Of Heart attack These Are The Things You have To Do / What Causes Bleeding And Spotting During Pregnancy? / Top 5 Curable Cancers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.