Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Senator Ayo Arise Kidnapped; Abductors Demand #80m Ransom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Senator Ayo Arise Kidnapped; Abductors Demand #80m Ransom (381 Views)

Police Arrested Me Because A Married Friend Visited My Hotel Room - Ayo Sogunro / Ex-UI Deputy VC Kidnapped, Abductors Demand N50m / How My Abductors Butchered And Killed People For Rituals- Rescued Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senator Ayo Arise Kidnapped; Abductors Demand #80m Ransom by jumpandpas(m): 9:28am On Dec 05, 2017
By Rotimi Ojomoyela

Ado-Ekiti—EIGHTY million Naira ransom is being demanded by the kidnappers of the former Chairman of the Senate Committee on Privatisation between 2007 and 2011, Ayo Arise, who was, weekend, kidnapped by gunmen alongside his driver on Okene-Abuja Highway.
It was gathered, yesterday, that the abductors of the Senator, who represented Ekiti North Senatorial District on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, made the demand when they contacted his family members.
Arise was reported to have been travelling in his Mercedes SUV, when the gunmen attacked and ferried him to an unknown destination.
A family source said he was abducted while returning to Abuja from Oye-Ekiti, his home town.
Arise defected to All Progressives Congress, APC, prior to 2015 general elections.
He was said to have attended a ceremony at Ikere-Ekiti on Saturday, where a chieftaincy title was conferred on retired Assistant Inspector General of Police, Mr. Tunde Ogunsakin.
He returned to Ado-Ekiti and visited the golf course along Federal Polytechnic Road before he heading to his home to see his associates.
Meanwhile, Kogi State Police Command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP William Aya, said, yesterday, in Lokoja that the Command was not aware of the kidnap.
Aya said Okene-Lokoja Road, where the Senator was said to have been kidnapped on December 3 was under effective policing, saying the claim was doubtful.
Ekiti State Police Public Relations Officer, Alberto Adeyemi, who earlier confirmed the incident, however, said he could not make comments because it did not happen within his jurisdiction.
Asked where it happened, he said: “I cannot say. I am not allowed to comment on incidents that did not happen within my jurisdiction.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/senator-ayo-arise-kidnapped-abductors-demand-n80m-ransom/

(1) (Reply)

Former President Jonathan Fit Face Italy Judge / We Attacked Maiduguri, Gamboru, Others - Boko Haram Leader Claims In New Video / Man Arrested With 114 Bags Of Indian Hemp In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.