Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? (3220 Views)

Thanksgiving (A Trad Gospel Rap Fusion) By A Nairalander / Help Me With Some Gospel Rap Songs. / Where To Download Nigeria Gospel Rap Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by viquetour(m): 2:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
there are many rappas dat are gospel lyk la crae.start listenin to those guys and see wat u re missing.e beta pass to dey hear dose guys wey dey call demselfs god and all sort of names.wat do u tink sha?
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by 4peace(m): 3:08pm On Mar 29, 2010
i think that is reason why God gives freewill.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by eldee(m): 3:14pm On Mar 29, 2010
Nah . . . only a few I've heard are actually good rappers.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by omiyaleboy(m): 12:47am On Mar 30, 2010
I like rap generally and gospel rap is not left out.

Holler,
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by DGIPLUS(m): 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2010
I love Gospel raps, especially when it conforms with Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister Grace unto the hearers. Cheers!
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by Ghredon(f): 12:15pm On Mar 30, 2010
is better than most
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by kaydee(m): 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2010
It's good that more Nigerians are getting to hear Lecrae.This guy is good and woulda made it if he wasn't gospel.

Lecrae and the 116 clique do this gospel thing to the fullest and every track is a serious message.They are ministers(Rap Evangelists) and our 9ja gospel rappers should learn from them.Here you listen to a gospel rap and Christ is outta it. Listen to Trip Lee,Tedashii,Flame and Sho baraka too. Those guys are fanatics.They rep christ till they d-i-e.

I recommend "Don't Waste Your Life" - Lecrae

"A song for Amy"-Bobby Bishop
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by Ghredon(f): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
kaydee, dwayne tryumf too is very good even more than lecrae because he is lecares mentor. his latest album 777 mark of the peace is still on itunes
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by floriana(m): 12:59pm On Mar 30, 2010
All the so called gospel rap are in fact and in essense songs to the glory of the devil.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by dustydee: 1:01pm On Mar 30, 2010
floriana:

All the so called gospel rap are in fact and in essense songs to the glory of the devil.
Really?where did you get that from?certainly not from the Bible.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by madoba: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2010
[color=#770077]Rap music has never been a delight to my ears whether its circular rap or gospel rap, it all just sounds like a lot of noise to me. No offense meant to all you gospel rap lovers and am not hating on gospel rap because I know that some of them may have powerful messages and may actually be praise worthy to God however gospel rap just doesn't work for me.

When it comes to gospel music, that is thought provoking, music that touches my emotions,music that ushers me into God's presence and makes the reality of God's power, mercies, love and entire being even more real to me, nothing does it better for me like Ron Kenoly's music as well as Don Moen, MaryMary, Cece Winans, The Clarke Sisters and so many others.

Gospel rap is however not included in the list above, I can listen to it when am doing house chores and want some noise in the background and not for quiet meditations or reflections.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by kaydee(m): 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2010
Ghredon:

kaydee, dwayne tryumf too is very good even more than lecrae because he is lecares mentor. his latest album 777 mark of the peace is still on itunes

He was on the "Don't Waste Your Life" track wiv Lecrae.I listened to  "Never Be The Same" (feat. Muyiwa & Copeland Green) after that and i know Lecrae doesn't associate wiv wackys

I dunno he was Lecrae's mentor.It's good that more people are into this Gospel Hip-Hop thingy.I hope they bring Lecrae to the next "Experience"

@ Madoba
It's the other way round for me,

Try Lecrae,U'll become a Fanatic and it'll be an edifying experience
Even in Church,i keep hoping the "Healing Streams" would do a gospel rap.Can't wait for the day when Hip-Hop will be included in Praise & Worship.I know a whole lotta bible verses offhand thru the 116 clique.

1 Like

Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by Redman44(m): 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2010
I love Gospel Rap. Guys, have you heard about GRITS? I love their music and they've been around for some time now. Their songs make a lot of sense and is also good to dance to. Their beats are also well crafted out. There was also a guy called Car Man in the early 90's. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by tessybrown(m): 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hey ladieshood.waphall.com have it all just go make difference there.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by chelseabmw(m): 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2010
u can't compare this to hip hop
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by JeSoul(f): 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2010
So many good gospel rappers. Some people already mentioned Lecrae. Others: Corey Red, Da Truth, TripLee, CrossMovement, Mahogany Jones, Shekinah etc soo many.

Some in my local area include Bobby Bishop, Pastor Rez, Disciple, Direct, Domingo etc I've hung out frequently with these dudes and they're all so on point you have no idea lol.

Here's my fav lecrae trk
[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/k8IdC_2LWKQ[/flash]
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by hannydarl(f): 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2010
To me rap is not song its just a waste of time no genuine talented musician should be a rapper.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by hackney(m): 6:35pm On Mar 30, 2010
In my opinion, it's just people that want to have their cake and eat it.
they want to have one leg in the world and the other in the church.
what happened to decent hyms and nice mellow christian songs?

Rap my a$$.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by HJ1(m): 6:42pm On Mar 30, 2010
rap is rap whether the message is gospel oriented or secular motivated . . .One of ma favourite rap group wit gospel messages is CROSS MOVEMENT . . .though the most sucessful is tobymac and grits but cross movement does it for me, . . . .
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by babaowambe: 12:05am On Mar 31, 2010
i prefer any song that moves your spirit and ushers you into god,s presence
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by ndcide(m): 2:43am On Mar 31, 2010
grin
gospel rap
gospel makosa
gospel funk
gospel blues

gospel anything or any thing goes
not against rap though, but what mor signs of the time do we need.
the more the world in the church, the less impact the church on the world (real truth)
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by babaowambe: 9:07am On Mar 31, 2010
choose gospel rock or holy,holy. holy in the presence of the lord god almiighty the difference is clear
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by fadconsult(m): 10:19am On Mar 31, 2010
i think gospel rap draws inspiration from wordly music, the origin of rap is from the street and gangsters, so i dont like listening to them,if i want spiritual or christain songs i know wat to listen to,if am fasting i cant be listening to such,its as good has am not fasting. i beleive they are confused,they dont know where to belong,they are trying to be abit gospel and a bit wordly,arstiste like bouqui,rooftop mc's,dekunle fuji e.tc am not sure soul are been saved by this so called gospel rap,thats my submission
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by estrella(f): 11:45am On Mar 31, 2010
For all of yáll who are saying that rap gospel is anything but gospel,yáll should be careful.listen to what genuine rap gospel artsits are saying before you say that.I wasn't such a huge fan of rap gospel or circular rap for that matter before but when i heard artists like DA TRUTH,i changed my mind.It takes talent to be able to string words together that not only rhyme but deliver a message to the listener.Gospel rap artsists are as talented as singers.By the way,each genre of music has its purpose.People like Cece Winas and Don Moen sing worship songs and listeners of these songs are led into an atmosphere of worship.Gospel rap songs are meant to inspire reflections.You can't listen to a gospel rap song from someone like DA TRUTH and not think about your life and where you are.To each man his own,
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by pak: 2:48pm On Mar 31, 2010
Redman44:

I love Gospel Rap. Guys, have you heard about GRITS? I love their music and they've been around for some time now. Their songs make a lot of sense and is also good to dance to. Their beats are also well crafted out. There was also a guy called Car Man in the early 90's. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

Hey so you remember Carman ? I was in Junior High School then
'Who is in the house ? - JC !' quite funny though.

I think grits have also done well but dont forget T-bone and good old BBJ
those guys were nothing short of dope.

but for me the 'bombest' of them all were the Gospel Gangstaz.
those quys were out of this world.

deeply spiritual, philosophical and real.

Its a pity they'v lost some steam lately but then they rocked while they were at it.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by pak: 3:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
and I forgot PriestHood

they certainly deserve a mention

Cant resist posting the link to my favorite rap songs of all times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aznpAkFPtM

Let us Pray from the GGs.

If you'l notice as you listen.

The first rap represent the prayer of the 'average' christian asking for strength to make it through the christian race

The second stanza represents a backsliding christian still caught up in drinking and other vices but just not giving up.

While the last rap is a matured Christian who was actually interceeding on behalf of the black community.

Beautiful concept, beautiful delivery, beautiful song. just enjoy it.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by gReenmAn(m): 4:24pm On Mar 31, 2010
[/quote][quote author=fadconsult link=topic=421601.msg5802135#msg5802135 date=1270027158]
i think gospel rap draws inspiration from wordly music, the origin of rap is from the street and gangsters, so i dont like listening to them,[/b]if i want spiritual or christain songs i know wat to listen to,[b]if am fasting i cant be listening to such,its as good has am not fasting. i beleive they are confused,they dont know where to belong,they are trying to be abit gospel and a bit wordly,arstiste like bouqui,rooftop mc's,dekunle fuji e.tc am not sure soul are been saved by this so called gospel rap,thats my submission
)

Rap is just one out of so many genres of music. Each one, whether secular or gospel, appeals to different individuals for different (mostly unexplainable) reasons, the origin of a particular genre of music is not usually one of those reasons one will be surprised at the REAL origins of spirituals, soul and a host of other music types.
Regarding choice of music for specific activities; while you wouldn't listen to rap while fasting or in a solemn mood, so also will you not listen to slow hymns or Blues while jogging or doing fast energetic work, it wont jive.

For me, I have a fine collection of Gospel Rap, Reggae Gospel (Christafari et al), Country Gospel (Jim Reeves et. al) and- wait for it - Gospel Rock! (DC Talk), and I enjoy them all, at the right time.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by eros(m): 1:10am On Apr 01, 2010
Not so cool, thats what methinks.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by envee(f): 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2010
i think its cool, !
Just another delivery system of the message is all.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by shilling(f): 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2010
Gospel hiphop rocks . . . Lecrae, Tedashii, Trip Lee, Truth, etc. . . amaaaazing. All time favorite: Lecrae - Don't waste your life, awesome.
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by defemz(m): 9:21pm On Apr 01, 2010
Small time now there will be Christian/gospel blue film to pass the message to sinners grin grin grin
Re: What Do U Think About Gospel Rap? by shilling(f): 6:10am On Apr 02, 2010
defemz:

Small time now there will be Christian/gospel blue film to pass the message to sinners grin grin grin
Wow. . . what a comparison.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dagrin's Ill-fated Car Abandoned In Lasu Over 20k Debt(photos) / DOWNLOAD ALBUM: Adekunle Gold – About 30 / Download Music: ZAYN - Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.